Joyful and faithful disciple of Jesus - Br. Paolino LIN
China Province, 11 March 2020 -- Salesian Brother Paul (Paolino) LIN Yin-nien was born in Shanghai on 16 July 1928 and made his first profession in Hong Kong on 16th of August 1950, perpetual profession on 24 January 1958. He passed away at the age of 92 years after 70 years of Salesian consecrated life on the 10th of March 2020, at 13:30 in one hospital in Shanghai, China.
Everybody who ever met Brother Paolino, was deeply struck by his contagious joy and shining enthusiasm, rooted in a deep friendship with Jesus in the Eucharist and devotion to Mary Help of Christians. Although most (67 years) of his 70 years of religious life he was not able to enjoy the community life, his 'apostolate' of joyful life witness and hard working life was a living Gospel to many around him. He was friend to both Catholics and non Christians, closely following even the families of his 'guardian angels'.
His curriculum of life:
- 1949-1950: Novitiate at the Salesian Missionary House, Hong Kong
- 1950: Graduated from High School at the Yuet Wah College – Macau
- 1950-1951: Brother Assistant and Teacher at Shanghai Sacred Heart Middle School
- 1951-1952: Brother Assistant and Teacher at Shanghai Don Bosco Middle School
- 1952-1953: Brother Assistant and Teacher at Beijing Mary Help of Christians Community
- 1953-1990: Labor camps and prison life
- 1990-2020: lived in Shanghai.
We pray, that his shining life witness and intercession will inspire many young people to follow Jesus with the heart of Don Bosco, also as Salesian Brothers!