?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
ALA_5461

20200903_AUL.jpg

By Lauren Hichaaba, AUL PDMA

Melbourne, Australia, 3 September 2020 -- In the Australia Pacific Province we celebrate Salesian Missions Day over a course of a month. Due to the lockdown in Australia, and particularly in Melbourne, this year we have worked hard on a social media campaign to celebrate our Salesian Missions Month.

The Rector Major reminds us that ‘we were all born in the oratory’. At the heart of the oratory is joy, and for that reason the gospel verse to accompany the theme this year is: Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say: Rejoice’ Phil 4:4. This theme is very timely for our world right now as our reality has changed so drastically. It causes us to question....where is my joy? Despite the challenges in the world and in our individual lives we know that if our joy is in the Lord we can persevere through difficult times.

It is such an important message for our young people who are suffering so much right now. When we think of the Oratorian model of home, school, parish and playground, so many of them have been stripped of these very important places. These are beautiful moments for us to contemplate and pray for our world and particularly the young people within our care....whom many of us have not seen for so long and miss very much.

In line with the biblical verse ‘Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say Rejoice’ (Phil 4:4), the videos are exploring our universal need to find joy, happiness and meaning in life. Thirty voices from across our Province (Australia, New Zealand, Samoa and Fiji) are pondering some of the questions about seeking true joy and finding true happiness and fulfilment in life. There are some beautiful messages of hope, joy and meaning expressed from around our Province.

Each day we will upload a new video on our Salesian Youth Ministry Facebook page

If you have access to Facebook I would encourage you to check it out!

For those that don't have access to Facebook you can also find the videos on our AUL YouTube channel. The introductory video for the month is here

20200903_AUL1.jpg

20200903_AUL2.jpg

20200903_AUL3.jpg
Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5465(I)_New website on art and spirituality - made in Australia

ALA_5465 Great leap into the digital world by another senior Salesian By Fr. Elio Capra, SDB Melbourne, Australia, 10 September 2020 -- "My dear friends, Being home because of COVID19 gave me extra time to start a website on art and spiri...
    Date2020.09.10 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views621 file
    Read More
  2. 5461(IV)_ Salesian Missions Month in the Australia Pacific (AUL) Province

ALA_5461 By Lauren Hichaaba, AUL PDMA Melbourne, Australia, 3 September 2020 -- In the Australia Pacific Province we celebrate Salesian Missions Day over a course of a month. Due to the lockdown in Australia, and particularly in Melbourne,...
    Date2020.09.03 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views698 file
    Read More
  3. 5453(II)_Australia-Pacific province celebrates SMD 2020: August 15 - September 15

ALA_5453 "Like ships, Salesians are not built for safe harbour!" By Fr Will Matthews Provincial Australia-Pacific Melbourne, Australia, 25 August 2020 -- We are happy to share the ongoing experience of Salesian Mission Day 2020 within the ...
    Date2020.08.25 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views388 file
    Read More
  4. 5447(I)_Retreat time in lockdown: Fiji

ALA_5447 By Br. Foua J. Tea Peato Don Bosco House, Nakasi (Suva), Fiji Islands, 18 August 2020 -- Yes, we are aware that this news item is from May! But Fr Jim Kyaw-Hoe apologises for the late delivery, noting: "I am sorry for this late co...
    Date2020.08.18 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views925 file
    Read More
  5. 5445(IV)_A short reflection on my perpetual profession

ALA_5445 By Cl. Peter Minh Duc Nguyen, SDB from Fiji Islands Don Bosco House, Nakasi (Suva), Fiji Islands, 15 August 2020 -- The first days of joining with the vocation center as an aspirant in Vietnam, I was very impressed with the words ...
    Date2020.08.16 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views931 file
    Read More
  6. 5443(I)_Final Profession in Fiji

ALA_5443 “You received without cost, give without cost.” (Matt 10:8) By Fr. James Kyaw Hoe, SDB Don Bosco House, Nakasi (Suva), Fiji Islands, 12 August 2020 -- Brother Peter Minh Duc Nguyen had been preparing for his Final Profession for a...
    Date2020.08.13 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views682 file
    Read More
  7. 5438(II)_Female Students welcomed at Don Bosco Technical Centre in Samoa

ALA_5438 By Lauren Hichaaaba AUL PDMA and Director of the Cagliero Project Don Bosco Technical Centre, Alafua, Samoa, 5 August 2020 -- Don Bosco Technical Centre was established and opened in 1989 to offer a “second chance” technical and v...
    Date2020.08.05 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views764 file
    Read More
  8. 5410(IV)_Keeping in Touch with the Young as Some Restrictions are lifted in Fiji

ALA_5410 By Bro. Af'ia Enosa, SDB Don Bosco House, Nakasi, Suva, Fiji Islands, 29 June 2020 -- When the government lifted the COVID-19 lockdown and some restrictions, the Brothers went out to meet the young in the villages of Muanikoso and...
    Date2020.06.29 CategoryAUL Reply1 Views2389 file
    Read More
  9. 5389(I)_How to foster the Vocation Culture in Australia?

ALA_5389 By Fr. Brian Ahern, SDB Vocation Youth Ministry Australia-Pacific province Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 24 May 2000 -- "I have been entrusted with the role of animation and support of the Culture of Vocation in the Province. As...
    Date2020.05.28 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views1164 file
    Read More
  10. 5387(I)_Australia's Patroness: St Margaret Mary's parish celebrates the Feast of Mary Helps of Christians

ALA_5387 By Fr. Anthony Nguyen, SDB Brunswick, (Melbourne) Australia, 24 May 2020 -- On 24 May, following the invitation of the Rector Major Fr Artime and also the decision of the Bishops of Australia, St Margaret Mary ‘s Brunswick Austral...
    Date2020.05.26 CategoryAUL Reply1 Views1229 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 26 Next
/ 26