Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 926 Comment 0
ALA_5447

20200818_AUL.jpg

By Br. Foua J. Tea Peato

Don Bosco House, Nakasi (Suva), Fiji Islands, 18 August 2020 -- Yes, we are aware that this news item is from May! But Fr Jim Kyaw-Hoe apologises for the late delivery, noting: "I am sorry for this late contribution, I thought it would be good to share our experience of the sacred time of the year for our community when Fiji was in lockdown."

On Sunday the 10th of May, Fr. James Kyaw-Hoe (Rector) began the Suva Fiji Community Retreat in the Evening Prayer. The topic for our Retreat was the newly published document “The Salesian Rector – A Ministry for the Life and Governance of the Local Community. In the opening talk for the Retreat, Fr. James gave a background to the revised document on the Salesian Rector, and emphasised that this is not a manual only for the Rector, it is also for all the confreres in the community. With the Rector as the guardian of the Salesian identity and animator of the Salesian mission, the whole community shares the responsibility of becoming mystics in the Spirit, of living a prophetic fraternity, and of loving service for the young, especially the poor, the disadvantaged and those in danger.

Each member of the community was given a section from the Rector’s Manual study and to present it to the community for reflection, discussion and group sharing. This was a very effective way to get everyone involved in the Retreat program. From our reflections and group sharing, we learned so much about the role of the Rector and the community, working together and helping each other to deepen our relationship with Jesus, our love for Don Bosco and the young. This was a very effective way to get everyone involved in the Retreat program. From our reflections and group sharing, we learned so much about the role of the Rector and the community, working together and helping each other to deepen our relationship with Jesus, our love for Don Bosco and the young.

We had our Retreat at this time because of restrictions due to the pandemic, and because we not sure when classes at the seminary would resume.

On Monday the 11th of May the senior Brothers Deacon Sinapati Ioane and Br. Atonio Lealea, together with the Assistant of Fr. Mikaele Leilua presented the section of the Manual on the Consecrated in the Salesian.

On Tuesday Br. Peter Minh Duc Nguyen Peter presented the section on our Salesian mission being rooted in the in the Mystery of Christ and the Trinity and also in communion with others. Br. Michael Harris took us through the day’s section on the Priestly and lay vocation on the afternoon season.

On Wednesday, we studied and reflected on “the Rector as the Guardian of the Salesian Identity Wednesday was based its reflection on the Rector as Guardian of Salesian Identity.

Br. Damian Taofinu’u was responsible for leading our reflections on the authoritativeness and authority of the Rector, and the Rector as guardian and animator of the Salesian Charism.

On Friday, Br. Sitagisilao Moeloa Vaipuna and Br. Afi’a Enosa led the study and reflection on Prophets of Fraternity and Servant of the Young.

Retreat ended on the Saturday morning with the Eucharistic Celebration and words of encouragement by Fr. Rector, urging us all to continue to read the document on the Salesian Rector for our own ongoing formation and deepening of our love for Jesus and, like Don Bosco, to bring the joy of the Gospel to the young.

20200818_AUL1.jpg

20200818_AUL2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5502_Samoa Salesian students plant 300 trees

ALA_5502 By Samoa Observer Malololelei, Samoa, 5 November 2020 -- Students at the Divine Mercy Primary School at Malololelei have planted 300 trees as part of their Literacy Week programme, led by the Salesian sisters. The tree planting e...
    Date2020.11.05 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views867 file
    Read More
  2. 5472_Gratitude for the past and openness to the future - AUL 2023

ALA_5472 By our own correspondent Melbourne, Australia, 22 September 2020 -- With the first Newsletter of the AUL Centenary launched on 21 September , the SDB and the Salesian Family in the Australia Pacific Province have begun preparation...
    Date2020.09.22 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views517 file
    Read More
  3. 5465(I)_New website on art and spirituality - made in Australia

ALA_5465 Great leap into the digital world by another senior Salesian By Fr. Elio Capra, SDB Melbourne, Australia, 10 September 2020 -- "My dear friends, Being home because of COVID19 gave me extra time to start a website on art and spiri...
    Date2020.09.10 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views621 file
    Read More
  4. 5461(IV)_ Salesian Missions Month in the Australia Pacific (AUL) Province

ALA_5461 By Lauren Hichaaba, AUL PDMA Melbourne, Australia, 3 September 2020 -- In the Australia Pacific Province we celebrate Salesian Missions Day over a course of a month. Due to the lockdown in Australia, and particularly in Melbourne,...
    Date2020.09.03 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views699 file
    Read More
  5. 5453(II)_Australia-Pacific province celebrates SMD 2020: August 15 - September 15

ALA_5453 "Like ships, Salesians are not built for safe harbour!" By Fr Will Matthews Provincial Australia-Pacific Melbourne, Australia, 25 August 2020 -- We are happy to share the ongoing experience of Salesian Mission Day 2020 within the ...
    Date2020.08.25 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views389 file
    Read More
  6. 5447(I)_Retreat time in lockdown: Fiji

ALA_5447 By Br. Foua J. Tea Peato Don Bosco House, Nakasi (Suva), Fiji Islands, 18 August 2020 -- Yes, we are aware that this news item is from May! But Fr Jim Kyaw-Hoe apologises for the late delivery, noting: "I am sorry for this late co...
    Date2020.08.18 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views926 file
    Read More
  7. 5445(IV)_A short reflection on my perpetual profession

ALA_5445 By Cl. Peter Minh Duc Nguyen, SDB from Fiji Islands Don Bosco House, Nakasi (Suva), Fiji Islands, 15 August 2020 -- The first days of joining with the vocation center as an aspirant in Vietnam, I was very impressed with the words ...
    Date2020.08.16 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views935 file
    Read More
  8. 5443(I)_Final Profession in Fiji

ALA_5443 “You received without cost, give without cost.” (Matt 10:8) By Fr. James Kyaw Hoe, SDB Don Bosco House, Nakasi (Suva), Fiji Islands, 12 August 2020 -- Brother Peter Minh Duc Nguyen had been preparing for his Final Profession for a...
    Date2020.08.13 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views683 file
    Read More
  9. 5438(II)_Female Students welcomed at Don Bosco Technical Centre in Samoa

ALA_5438 By Lauren Hichaaaba AUL PDMA and Director of the Cagliero Project Don Bosco Technical Centre, Alafua, Samoa, 5 August 2020 -- Don Bosco Technical Centre was established and opened in 1989 to offer a “second chance” technical and v...
    Date2020.08.05 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views765 file
    Read More
  10. 5410(IV)_Keeping in Touch with the Young as Some Restrictions are lifted in Fiji

ALA_5410 By Bro. Af'ia Enosa, SDB Don Bosco House, Nakasi, Suva, Fiji Islands, 29 June 2020 -- When the government lifted the COVID-19 lockdown and some restrictions, the Brothers went out to meet the young in the villages of Muanikoso and...
    Date2020.06.29 CategoryAUL Reply1 Views2404 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 26 Next
/ 26