austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20190623_WOR.jpg

By Fr Carlos Cheung, SDB

Rome, Italy, 22 June 2019 -- Rome, Sacred Heart Basilica was witness to another traditional Salesian diaconate ordination (June 22) for members of the Blessed Ceferino Namuncurá formation house in Rome (UPS Viceprovince, Superior Fr Eugenio Riva, Rector Fr. Adam Homoncik). The ordination Mass celebrated by Salesian Bishop Enrico Dal Covolo (former Rector of Lateran University) was a wonderful expression of Catholic unity in diversity - 10 deacons from 9 different countries and 4 continents.

The ordaining bishop in his homily highlighted the wonderful environment: "This ordination is celebrated under the eyes of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, in the family spirit of many Salesians, Salesian family members, young people (parishes of the deacon's apostolate) and even some family members.' Bishop Dal Covolo also encouraged the new deacons to make Service their Life-Long Project, to become a slave or servant of Love. In this way they would take their identity as Deacon seriously, and that also means martyrdom. Each vocation or call is a Gift and Mystery."

Among the ten newly ordained deacons is Cl. PUN Mingh Chi Anthony of China province, who enjoyed not only the assistance of Archbishop Savio Hon Tai Fai (currently Apostolic Nuncio in Greece) and his provincial Fr. Joseph Ng, but also the presence of his parents and his sister. After the ordination, deacon Pun shared:

“I am happy that, through the imposition of the hands of Bishop Enrico dal Covolo and Archbishop Savio Hon and the prayer of ordination, I have received the grace and the ministry of the diaconate. It is a gift that God has given generously to me, and not to me, but to the Salesian Congregation and to the Church. And, it is a gift that I must share with others, especially the youth, through proclamation of the Word of God and in concrete services. I humbly ask for more prayers, that through the ministry of diaconate, I may serve him with joy and testify his loving presence among his people."

After the diaconate ordinations in Turin (Crocetta community) and in Jerusalem (Ratisbonne community), this is the last of the international formation houses in Europe. The deacons come from the following countries: Francisco August Samuel (Angola), Jesushasan Sebagnanam (Sri Lanka), Kassifa Comlan Adolphe (Benin), Mateo Paulino Hairol Javier (Dominican Republic), Mbogo Victor David Munyi (Kenya), Obundana Joseph Kunle (Nigerian missionary in Bangladesh), Pun Ming Chi Anthony (Hong Kong - China), Sanchez Silverio Antonio (Dominican Republic) and Spiacciariello Giuseppe (Italy).

20190623_WOR1.jpg

20190623_WOR2.jpg

20190623_WOR3.jpg

20190623_WOR4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5144(III)_Young Australian Salesians Immerse in Cambodian life

By Lauren Hichaaba Director of the Cagliero Project and AUL PDMA Melbourne, Australia, 19 July 2019 -- Every year the Cagliero Project journeys with a group of young Australians for an immersion experience. This year the group travelled to ...
    Date2019.07.19 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views1134 file
    Read More
  2. 5140(II)_1M4M - Chance to Connect to the Word of God

By Mr. Matt Humpreys Engadine Youth Ministry Engadine (Sydney), Australia, 14 July 2019 -- 'I am writing to share with you an online ministry. I thought you might like to share this with others something that is coming from a lay Salesian i...
    Date2019.07.15 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views645 file
    Read More
  3. 5118_Australia-Pacific Province Online News Service

By Mr Michael Gartland AUL Communications Officer Melbourne, Australia, 17 June 2019 -- The online news service of the Australia-Pacific province has undergone a complete renovation. Now entitled The Links (available here: https://news.sale...
    Date2019.06.17 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views1127 file
    Read More
  4. 5116_New Volunteers for the Cagliero Project

By Lauren Hichaaba Director of the Cagliero Project and AUL PDMA Melbourne, Australia, 14 June 2019 -- Volunteers are the beating heart of the Cagliero Project. We are forever blown away by the generosity of young people, and young at heart...
    Date2019.06.15 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views1128 file
    Read More
  5. 5113(V)_Celebrating International Environment Day

By Our Own Correspondent Sunbury, Victoria, Australia, 11 June 2019 -- Salesian College Sunbury students are adopting admirable oral morals when it comes to recycling. The students are seeking used toothpaste tubes, bottles and caps, toothb...
    Date2019.06.12 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views678 file
    Read More
  6. 5110(III)_To The End of the Earth - Conversations with Fr. Patrick J. O'Grady, SDB

Valuable contribution to Australian Salesian history By Mr. Jeffrey R. Bradley Melbourne, Australia, 6 June 2019 -- Mr Jeffrey R. Bradley, Don Bosco Past Pupilfrom Boys Town, Engadine (NSW - Sydney) has published another book exploring the ...
    Date2019.06.07 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views861 file
    Read More
  7. 5096(II)_Australia-Pacific Salesian Provincial Chapter 21

By Fr Will Matthews, SDB Melbourne, Australia, 22 May 2019 -- On 20-24 May, Delegates of the Province of Mary Help of Christians [Australia, Samoa, Fiji and New Zealand] gather at Catholic Leadership Centre in East Melbourne to celebrate th...
    Date2019.05.22 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views1718 file
    Read More
  8. 5088(I)_Australia's OzBosco 2019

By Fr Will Matthews, SDB Melbourne, Australia, 14 May 2019 -- By now, OzBosco has well and truly established itself as the premier youth event on the Salesian calendar in Australia, and for very good reason. The latest rendition, held from ...
    Date2019.05.14 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views5714 file
    Read More
  9. 5087(I)_"G’Day Cobber, Dare to Be a Saint!"

A rich spiritual profile of one outstanding Australian Salesian: Fr Bill Edwards (1928-2010) By Fr Stephen Ardill, SDB Port Lincoln, South Australia, 12 May 2019 -- Fr. Stephen Ardill (diocesan clergy of Port Pirie in South Australia), one ...
    Date2019.05.13 CategoryAUL Reply1 Views1137 file
    Read More
  10. 5049(I)_Salesian Students Graduate

University of Divinity Graduation, Melbourne, Australia By Fr Phil Gleeson, SDB Melbourne, Australia, 22 March 2019 -- On the evening of Friday 22 March, the various Colleges affiliated with the University of Divinity gathered in St Paul's ...
    Date2019.03.27 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views1379 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 26 Next
/ 26