Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20190418_ASC.jpg

Interview with Sr. Evangelina Rago, FMA,

former Delegate to the ASC

By Our Own Correspondent

Cebu, the Philippines, 18 April 2019 -- What makes you happy as a Salesian Cooperators’ delegate?

As a delegate I had a first hand experience with the third member of the Salesian Family, came to know its life and mission and worked better with the association. I felt I belonged to a bigger family. Then I came to understand better the motive of Don Bosco in founding this group.

What makes the Salesian Cooperators grow in their vocation?

• Deepening of the spirit of the association, knowing well their Identity, studying and deepening the Word of God and the PAL
  • Joining conferences, assemblies, spirituality days and celebrations
  • Doing something for the poor young and be in the mission

What are the major challenges in vocation growth of the Salesian cooperators?

• For the younger generation , the challenge is in their family, for it is the foundation of good relationships with oneself, others, and God, and of vocation discernment. The culture of the young of today who are immersed in technology
  • For the older ones, the challenge is in the technology. Many are left behind in communication through the internet or the web

How did you prepare yourself as formator - delegate to the ASC?

• Besides the Spirituality Formation and Formators’ Courses in Rome , I read and studied the PAL and tried to deepen it with the Cooperators.
  • Assemblies and Congresses (local and international) helped a lot
  • A group and a place where to convene together with the Cooperators
  • Meeting of delegates and discuss how to animate the group so they can grow and progress

What exchange among the EAO Salesian Cooperator provinces do you dream about?

• Visits of the EAO Salesian Cooperator Councilor to the respective provinces
  • Sharing of good experiences of other provinces
  • Exchange of emails among the EAO Salesian Cooperators

What do you expect from the 2019 EAO Formators Workshop in Cambodia?

• Improved formulation of the Guidelines for Initial Formation
  • Better outline of sessions to be taken up for both initial formation and young Cooperators
  • Assign formators or in-charge for each level of formation

How do you put into practice the four pillars of formation?

• To know - is to study and deepen the PAL and other Salesian documents ; know the history of the association
  • To do - Be connected to the Salesian world through the web, attend assemblies or congresses and be present in meetings
  • To be – to grow in their sense of belonging to the association ; deepen the identity and do some work for the poor young or volunteer
  • To live in communion - celebration together, be present in meetings and assemblies, do the mission together or plan and work together for volunteer work or any apostolate.

20190418_ASC1.jpg

20190418_ASC2.jpg

20190418_ASC3.jpg

20190418_ASC4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5140(II)_1M4M - Chance to Connect to the Word of God

By Mr. Matt Humpreys Engadine Youth Ministry Engadine (Sydney), Australia, 14 July 2019 -- 'I am writing to share with you an online ministry. I thought you might like to share this with others something that is coming from a lay Salesian i...
    Date2019.07.15 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views642 file
    Read More
  2. 5118_Australia-Pacific Province Online News Service

By Mr Michael Gartland AUL Communications Officer Melbourne, Australia, 17 June 2019 -- The online news service of the Australia-Pacific province has undergone a complete renovation. Now entitled The Links (available here: https://news.sale...
    Date2019.06.17 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views1124 file
    Read More
  3. 5116_New Volunteers for the Cagliero Project

By Lauren Hichaaba Director of the Cagliero Project and AUL PDMA Melbourne, Australia, 14 June 2019 -- Volunteers are the beating heart of the Cagliero Project. We are forever blown away by the generosity of young people, and young at heart...
    Date2019.06.15 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views1128 file
    Read More
  4. 5113(V)_Celebrating International Environment Day

By Our Own Correspondent Sunbury, Victoria, Australia, 11 June 2019 -- Salesian College Sunbury students are adopting admirable oral morals when it comes to recycling. The students are seeking used toothpaste tubes, bottles and caps, toothb...
    Date2019.06.12 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views678 file
    Read More
  5. 5110(III)_To The End of the Earth - Conversations with Fr. Patrick J. O'Grady, SDB

Valuable contribution to Australian Salesian history By Mr. Jeffrey R. Bradley Melbourne, Australia, 6 June 2019 -- Mr Jeffrey R. Bradley, Don Bosco Past Pupilfrom Boys Town, Engadine (NSW - Sydney) has published another book exploring the ...
    Date2019.06.07 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views860 file
    Read More
  6. 5096(II)_Australia-Pacific Salesian Provincial Chapter 21

By Fr Will Matthews, SDB Melbourne, Australia, 22 May 2019 -- On 20-24 May, Delegates of the Province of Mary Help of Christians [Australia, Samoa, Fiji and New Zealand] gather at Catholic Leadership Centre in East Melbourne to celebrate th...
    Date2019.05.22 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views1717 file
    Read More
  7. 5088(I)_Australia's OzBosco 2019

By Fr Will Matthews, SDB Melbourne, Australia, 14 May 2019 -- By now, OzBosco has well and truly established itself as the premier youth event on the Salesian calendar in Australia, and for very good reason. The latest rendition, held from ...
    Date2019.05.14 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views5696 file
    Read More
  8. 5087(I)_"G’Day Cobber, Dare to Be a Saint!"

A rich spiritual profile of one outstanding Australian Salesian: Fr Bill Edwards (1928-2010) By Fr Stephen Ardill, SDB Port Lincoln, South Australia, 12 May 2019 -- Fr. Stephen Ardill (diocesan clergy of Port Pirie in South Australia), one ...
    Date2019.05.13 CategoryAUL Reply1 Views1135 file
    Read More
  9. 5049(I)_Salesian Students Graduate

University of Divinity Graduation, Melbourne, Australia By Fr Phil Gleeson, SDB Melbourne, Australia, 22 March 2019 -- On the evening of Friday 22 March, the various Colleges affiliated with the University of Divinity gathered in St Paul's ...
    Date2019.03.27 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views1379 file
    Read More
  10. 5045(II)_Educator, Actor & Pastor

Fr Michael Keogh SDB [1926-2019] By Fr William Matthews Australia-Pacific Provincial Adelaide, Australia, 22 March 2019 -- A long-time missionary priest of Australia-Pacific Province, Fr Michael Keogh SDB, returned to the Lord early in the ...
    Date2019.03.23 CategoryAUL Reply2 Views21292 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 26 Next
/ 26