austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1410 Comment 0

20180922_AUL.jpg

Fruits of the first Salesian Missionary Month (Australia-Pacific)

By Ms. Lauren Hichabaa

Melbourne, Australia, 14 Septmeber 2018 -- We have come to the end of our Australia Pacific Province Salesian Missions Month. The missionary animation delegate has been sending weekly messagges to all Salesians in order to reflect individually and as a community on what it means to truly embrace our missionary call.

The call of each of us to be missionary is not complicated….in fact it is really quite simple…it is a return to the very heart of the Salesian vocation. To love young people and to ensure that they know they are loved. If we truly embrace these words of Don Bosco then we will be truly missionary. This simple action has the power to transform and what could be more missionary than to transform the life of a young person?

To celebrate this week of our missions month I would encourage you all to listen to the Audio Divina released yesterday (https://www.salesians.org.au/podcast). Fr. Frank Moloney has focused on ‘A missionary journey into Gentile lands’ – perfect for our focus on our missionary call.

Another opportunity: the videos for the celebration of 2018 Salesian Missions Day have finally been released also in English on Youtube. I invite you have a look at the wonderful work being done in throughout Asia, ‘Whispering the Gospel’, in vocational and technical centres.

What a wonderful missionary history we have in the AUL Province.

Our missionary history and present is so multidimensional! There are those that have come to Australia from far-away lands such as Italy, the Netherlands, Malta, India, Myanmar, Vietnam and many more. Australians have travelled to the Pacific and those from the Pacific have come to Australia! And those that have left us to mission abroad.

How blessed we are.

In this third week of Salesian Missions Month let us remember the missionaries ad gentes throughout the Australia-Pacific Province – James Adayadiel, Germano Baiguini, Frank Bertagnolli, John Briffa, Oreste Cantamessa, Elio Capra, George Carlos, Peter Carroll, Nic Castelyns, Bob Curmi, Stephen Dubovsky, Joe Ellul, Chris Ford, Lionel Henry, Michael Keogh, Gerrit Kraan, Jim Hoe, Michael Ledda, Tony Moester, John Murphy, Peter Minh Nguyen, Peter Vu Nguyen, Joe Pham, Dat Phung, Aleki Piula, Silvio Quaranta, Stan Rossato, Frank Sammut, Duc Tran, Mathew Vadakkevettuvazhiyil, Peter Varengo, Joseph Vu, Jan Walenciej, Julian Cavarzan, Ernie De Gaspari, Tony DeGroot, Brian Diamond, Luigi Pavanello and Carmelo Sacco.

Thanks be to God for the bravery and sacrifice of all those listed to leave their homes for new frontiers. The richness and diversity of our Province is truly beautiful.

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5045(II)_Educator, Actor & Pastor

Fr Michael Keogh SDB [1926-2019] By Fr William Matthews Australia-Pacific Provincial Adelaide, Australia, 22 March 2019 -- A long-time missionary priest of Australia-Pacific Province, Fr Michael Keogh SDB, returned to the Lord early in the ...
    Date2019.03.23 CategoryAUL Reply2 Views21295 file
    Read More
  2. 5017(IV)_Los Palos and Dili are the first destination of Australia Cagliero Volunteers

By Ms. Laureen Hichaaba Cagliero Project Director Dili, Timor Leste, 20 February 2019 -- Less than one year after the invitation from the TLS Viceprovince Superior Fr. Apolinario Neto during their extraordinary visitation (ITM, March 2018)...
    Date2019.02.21 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views898 file
    Read More
  3. 4989(II)_World Youth Day - Panama 2019 from AUL

By Fr Will Matthews, SDB Provincial Australia-Pacific Panama, 23 January 2019 -- World Youth Day 2019 in Panama is rather lower scale than the previous world events if just numbers are taken into account. Moreover the distance from the EAO ...
    Date2019.01.25 CategoryAUL Reply1 Views998 file
    Read More
  4. 4959(I)_Christmas message from Australia-Pacific Salesians

By Fr William Mathews, SDB Provincial of Australia-Pacific Melbourne, Australia, 24 December 2018 -- Dear Salesian family members and friends of Don Bosco! Christmas is a time of pure wonder; a time of expectation of something good to come,...
    Date2018.12.24 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views714 file
    Read More
  5. 4941_"We live in a global Congregation"

Missionary journey via Ireland to Australia-Pacific from Dalat: interview with Cl. Peter Anh Vu Nguyen, SDB By Our Own Correspondent Melbourne, Australia, 3 December 2018 -- Another new missionary has arrived in our Region. Vietnamese Sales...
    Date2018.12.06 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views738 file
    Read More
  6. 4938(III)_Blessing of Australia-Pacific Province's Don Bosco Camp and Centre in Safety Beach

By Michael Gartland Safety Beach, Victoria, Australia, 2 December 2018 -- Years of planning and construction finally came to a head on Sunday the 2nd of December 2018 as the Don Bosco Camp and Centre in Safety Beach, south of the city of Me...
    Date2018.12.03 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views941 file
    Read More
  7. 4936(I)_Ordination to the Diaconate in Melbourne

By Fr Bernie Graham, SDB Melbourne, Australia -- On Saturday 1 December Matthew Kitichai (Jack) Saisawang was ordained to the Diaconate by Archbishop Tim Costelloe sdb, Archbishop of Perth, Australia, at St Joseph’s Church, Collingwood in M...
    Date2018.12.02 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views942 file
    Read More
  8. 4899(I)_Cagliero 10 Year Celebration

By Lauren Hichaaba and Michael Gartland Melbourne, Australia -- On Saturday the 27th of October, the Cagliero Project celebrated 10 years of international volunteer placements. Over 40 people gathered to participate in mass held at St. John...
    Date2018.11.02 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views1132 file
    Read More
  9. 4858(II)_What does it mean to embrace a missionary call

Fruits of the first Salesian Missionary Month (Australia-Pacific) By Ms. Lauren Hichabaa Melbourne, Australia, 14 Septmeber 2018 -- We have come to the end of our Australia Pacific Province Salesian Missions Month. The missionary animation ...
    Date2018.09.22 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views1410 file
    Read More
  10. 4855(II)_“As a young man I gave my heart to India. I do not intend on taking it back.”

Fr Brian Kevin Diamond, great missionary for India passed away By Fr Frank Freeman, SDB Melbourne, Australia, 18 September 2018 -- Thus, spoke Fr Brian Kevin Diamond, who passed to his eternal reward on Sunday 1st September at Don Bosco Ala...
    Date2018.09.19 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views1235 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 26 Next
/ 26