Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20190418_ASC.jpg

Interview with Sr. Evangelina Rago, FMA,

former Delegate to the ASC

By Our Own Correspondent

Cebu, the Philippines, 18 April 2019 -- What makes you happy as a Salesian Cooperators’ delegate?

As a delegate I had a first hand experience with the third member of the Salesian Family, came to know its life and mission and worked better with the association. I felt I belonged to a bigger family. Then I came to understand better the motive of Don Bosco in founding this group.

What makes the Salesian Cooperators grow in their vocation?

• Deepening of the spirit of the association, knowing well their Identity, studying and deepening the Word of God and the PAL
  • Joining conferences, assemblies, spirituality days and celebrations
  • Doing something for the poor young and be in the mission

What are the major challenges in vocation growth of the Salesian cooperators?

• For the younger generation , the challenge is in their family, for it is the foundation of good relationships with oneself, others, and God, and of vocation discernment. The culture of the young of today who are immersed in technology
  • For the older ones, the challenge is in the technology. Many are left behind in communication through the internet or the web

How did you prepare yourself as formator - delegate to the ASC?

• Besides the Spirituality Formation and Formators’ Courses in Rome , I read and studied the PAL and tried to deepen it with the Cooperators.
  • Assemblies and Congresses (local and international) helped a lot
  • A group and a place where to convene together with the Cooperators
  • Meeting of delegates and discuss how to animate the group so they can grow and progress

What exchange among the EAO Salesian Cooperator provinces do you dream about?

• Visits of the EAO Salesian Cooperator Councilor to the respective provinces
  • Sharing of good experiences of other provinces
  • Exchange of emails among the EAO Salesian Cooperators

What do you expect from the 2019 EAO Formators Workshop in Cambodia?

• Improved formulation of the Guidelines for Initial Formation
  • Better outline of sessions to be taken up for both initial formation and young Cooperators
  • Assign formators or in-charge for each level of formation

How do you put into practice the four pillars of formation?

• To know - is to study and deepen the PAL and other Salesian documents ; know the history of the association
  • To do - Be connected to the Salesian world through the web, attend assemblies or congresses and be present in meetings
  • To be – to grow in their sense of belonging to the association ; deepen the identity and do some work for the poor young or volunteer
  • To live in communion - celebration together, be present in meetings and assemblies, do the mission together or plan and work together for volunteer work or any apostolate.

20190418_ASC1.jpg

20190418_ASC2.jpg

20190418_ASC3.jpg

20190418_ASC4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5243(III)_All are Called to Be Saints

ALA_5243 By Fr Samuel Adnan Ghouri SDB Quetta, Pakistan: 1 November 2019 -- The monthly institutional Holy Mass for October was celebrated on the 1st of November to highlight the Solemnity of All Saints. The Junior section of Don Bosco Lear...
    Date2019.11.04 CategoryPak. Reply0 Views1207 file
    Read More
  2. 5242(III)_Salesian Brother makes a difference - also in Pakistan

ALA_5242 Brother Alex among the young people of Pakistan By our own correspondent Lahore, Pakistan, 2 November 2019 -- What makes the Salesian Brother so special? Many are sharing the following conviction: 'The Brothers are simply doing the...
    Date2019.11.02 CategoryPak. Reply0 Views737 file
    Read More
  3. 5239(III)_Akash Bashir - Bosconian Martyr continues to inspire

ALA_5239 Twenty testimonials about Akash Bashir (1994-2015) By our own correspondent Don Bosco Lahore - Youhanabbad, Pakistan, 30 October 2019 -- Almost five years after the life sacrifice - martyrdom of our Pakistani Bosconian Akash Bashir...
    Date2019.10.30 CategoryPak. Reply0 Views1100 file
    Read More
  4. 5238(I)_Don Bosco Past Pupils launched in Lahore - Pakistan

ALA_5238 First Centre in Pakistan By Br. Alex Abelgas Lahore, Pakistan, 27 October 2019 -- Following three consecutive monthly meetings - called together by the Salesian community at Lahore, on Saturday 26 October the Don Bosco Past Pupils ...
    Date2019.10.29 CategoryPak. Reply0 Views652 file
    Read More
  5. 5233_'Laudato Si' and in Memory of Fr Zago in Quetta

By Fr Samuel Adnan Quetta, Pakistan, 19 October 2019 -- Saturday, 19 October 2019, was marked with a beautiful celebration to pay tribute and a salute of gratitude to the late Fr Peter Zago, the face of Don Bosco to Pakistani youth. For thi...
    Date2019.10.23 CategoryPak. Reply1 Views1219 file
    Read More
  6. 5216(I)_Don Bosco Lahore developing faith and multi-faith activities

By Fr. Gabriel Cruz, SDB Lahore, Pakistan -- On 28 September, our Don Bosco boarding school had a visit from the Rev. Fr. Mushtaq Peara, Rector of the Metropolitan Cathedral of Lahore and the person in charge of the Biblical Commission. He ...
    Date2019.10.02 CategoryPak. Reply0 Views714 file
    Read More
  7. 5201(I)_20 years presence in Pakistan

By Fr. Gabriel Cruz, SDB Lahore, Pakistán, 14 september 2019 -- On the occasion of the 20th anniversary of The Foundation of our house in Lahore we have thanked God and celebrated the Salesian presence in Pakistan. This celebration was hono...
    Date2019.09.16 CategoryPak. Reply0 Views1033 file
    Read More
  8. 5189_“Run, Jump, shout and be shepherd of souls”

A Festive Week in Quetta, Pakistan By Cl. Faraz Darshan Masih, SDB Practical Trainee Quetta, Pakistan, 30 August 2019 -- From 27-30 August the Don Bosco community in Quetta, Pakistan, celebrated its Community days as well as the feast of St...
    Date2019.09.02 CategoryPak. Reply0 Views877 file
    Read More
  9. 5188(I)_The Salesians follow the cause of Akash Bashir, Bosconian and Martyr

The Family of Akash Bashir receives Statue of Mary Help of Christians from Rector Major By Fr. Gabriel de Jesús Cruz Trejo, SDB Lahore, Pakistan 31 August 2019 -- During the recent visit of the Salesian Missiosn Councillor, Fr Guillermo Bas...
    Date2019.08.31 CategoryPak. Reply0 Views1034 file
    Read More
  10. 5186(III)_Fr Basañes, Mission Councillor, visits Pakistan

By Fr Gabriel Cruz, SDB Quetta and Lahore, Pakistan (FIS), 30 August 2019 -- From 24-30 August we have had the honour of a visit from Fr. Guillermo Basañes, Councillor for the Missions. During these days Fr. Basañes has been able to visit t...
    Date2019.08.30 CategoryPak. Reply1 Views963 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
/ 7