EXDB

5562(II)_Past Pupils of Don Bosco Kumgi are finally together!

by ceteratolle posted Feb 01, 2021
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20210201_EXDB-(1).jpg

By Edwick Kaupa - DBSTC Past Pupil

Emmaus, Boroko, PNG, 30 January 2021 -- It was a very simple and meaningful get together for the past pupils of Don Bosco Secondary Technical College of Kumgi on Sunday, 24th January at the Emmaus Conference Centre.

The gathering had the presence of Emeritus Archbishop Francesco Panfilo sdb, the new provincial, Fr Gregorio Bicomong, Fr. Angelo Fazzini, Sr Mary Joseph SCSA and Mr. Narol Sapak the Alumni Coordinator in the Province. It was coordinated by former Rector, Fr Robinson Parappilly.

Speaking to the past pupils, Arch. Panfilo gave a brief history of Don Bosco and also enlightened us on what and how we should feel part of the Salesian family. Fr Provincial also gave a very inspirational message based on the Strenna of the Rector Major, on how we can have hope in this time of pandemic by building a deep trust in God. Fr. Angelo, one of the pioneers in Kumgi also encouraged the Bosconians to live by faith and to spread the love and spirit of Don Bosco wherever they may be.

“The presentation enabled us to see the COVID - 19 pandemic that has taken over the world with a different perspective. It encouraged us to be compassionate to others' view of situations in a positive way”, said Isabella Saleu. She was happy with the gathering and said that it was the start of great things in the future.

The Bosconians were very happy to meet with each one another. Their shared experiences spoke of an appreciation of the type of education received from Don Bosco Kumgi.

“It is with great pleasure and blessing to be part of the Don Bosco family. This day reminded me of all the lifetime memories I have had. My heart literally cried in silence as I thank the Lord for the life of Don Bosco, the father and teacher of youth. It is through him I have the greatest times of my life,” said Celin Baoula.

As a big brother, Mr. Sapak encouraged the Bosconians to stay connected and feel that they are part of the big family. He also challenged the Bosconians to help their fellow countrymen, especially the young people.

The Bosconians were encouraged to keep in touch through social media. The gathering ended with a light refreshment and a group picture.

20210201_EXDB-(2).jpg