Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
ALA_5354

20200410_EXDB.jpg

By World Confederation of Don Bosco Past Pupils

Bratislava, 7 April 2020 -- After 3 years of committed and enthusiastic service by Mr Alberto Piedade (Timor Leste), to the World Confederation as the GEX Councillor (Giovani Ex-allievi: Young Alumni), the World President of Don Bosco Past Pupils, Mr Michal Hort, has appointed Mr Niel Evangelista (Philippines North 27 years, ) as his successor:

"Based on evaluation of all applications that the secretariat of the World Confederation received, Mr Neil Allan C. Evangelista was appointed to the position of GEX Councillor in Asia-Oceania. The appointment of Mr Neil Evangelista has the following objectives:

Communication with president of GEX, the whole GEX team and secretariat of World confederation.

Promotion of GEX activities in and for Asia-Oceania: School of leaders, Exallievi Voluntary Service, Job Placement, etc... # To be proactive in creating of new strategies for GEX (Young) Past pupils. # Create GEX groups and representatives in every federation. # Communication about this project with all countries who are members of the World Confederation. # Other tasks or duties approved by decision of executive council and world presidency.

All members of the Presidency of the World Confederation of Past Pupils of Don Bosco welcome Mr Neil Evangelista to our team and wish him all the best in his new position."

Niel (27 years) has been a teacher at Senior High School in Xavier School San Juan since June 2018, and at present teaches Social Justice to grade 11 and 12 students. As a committed Alumnus since 2013, he is a member of the SYM (Salesian Youth Movement) Council and active in many ways among the young Don Bosco Past Pupils. As a Bosconian he graduated from Don Bosco Academy (Pampanga, Mabalacat) and UST (University of Santo Tomaso, Manila). During his University years he also had a rich professional working experience.

The Delegate to the DB Alumni, Fr Ike Veloso presents our new World Councilor for Asia-Oceania in these terms: "Niel is very open, enthusiastic and even very happy to be of service to young Alumni. He is a very active Alumnus here in the Philippines North Province, serves as the head organizer of our monthly program for the young alumni "Uwi Ka Muna" ("Come Home Even For A While"). And the love for Don Bosco is clearly in him."

Niel shares his first feeling after the appointment:

"I never really imagined myself to be closely working with young people. However, my experience studying in a Salesian school opened the doors - and eventually my heart to the youth. To this day, I carry in my heart the concern for the young and the challenge to connect and relate with them.

I look forward to working with the Salesian youth of the Asia-Oceania region. The Asia-Oceania region is diverse and rich - in culture, history, and identity. With this diverse richness, we are unified by our faith and love - the love that we constantly receive from God and the love that is shared with us by a little boy who dreamed.

Like Christ and St John Bosco, who were once young and remained with a youthful heart, the youth of today are very capable of changing the landscape of society. Enabling the highly-capable youth we have today means empowering them by journeying with them. May our individual gifts and efforts be shared and used altogether so that we may be able to reach out to more youth and continue living out the dream of our father and friend, Don Bosco."

We congratulate Niel for his new responsibility in our EAO region and wish to share his dynamic animation experience with the other Past Pupil Federations where the GEX is not yet very much established.

Related news articles:

Related FB pages:

Related resources on the Boscolink:

20200410_EXDB1.jpg

20200410_EXDB2.jpg

20200410_EXDB3.jpg

20200410_EXDB4.jpg

20200410_EXDB5.jpg

20200410_EXDB6.jpg

20200410_EXDB7.jpg

20200410_EXDB8.jpg

20200410_EXDB9.jpg