Rome, 24 July 2020 -- The 'magic' date of 24 June 2020 - 150th anniversary of the birth of the Past Pupils of Don Bosco is over, but the Jubilee Year continues until 24 June 2021. The Past Pupils have prepared many events, special occasions at each levels (local - country - world), like the 150 coffee sets, publication of material on Blessed Albert Marvelli, and the 'first leader' of the Past Pupils - Carlo Gastini, 150 outstanding Past Pupils or 150 Past Pupil projects around the world.
But the Jubilee Year celebrations are especially open to the future - to see what kind of Don Bosco Past Pupil is needed for the 21st century. In his simple goodnight on the eve of 24 June 24, the Asia-Oceania World Councillor, Mr Niel Evangelista, shared the common 'Don Bosco Experience' of each Past Pupil. It's about personal knowledge of Don Bosco, about celebrations and 'giving back' the gift of education received in the Salesian Oratory, school or other educational setting.
Not all the millions of individuals who have passed through the Don Bosco/Salesians educational institutions are considered 'Past Pupils of Don Bosco. For some of them it's their life project, for some a choice or mission, for some a grace from God but for many it's also simple a fact in their life which really does not touch their lives. To become a Past Pupil of Don Bosco means a personal choice.
In order to relaunch the Association with new motivations, the World President appealed to the Past Pupils and all members of the Salesian Family with a simple seven-question survey - 'Questionnaire 2020'. Also the Salesians SDB are invited to contribute to this Jubilee Questionnaire (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Will you share?
- What kind of Past Pupil of Don Bosco for the 21st Century? (Alumni Profile in terms of personal witness, professionalism or service to others)
- What should be the role and mission of the Past Pupil as an individual in the society?
- What is the role of the Past Pupils of Don Bosco within the Salesian Family? (local level or province-nation level)
- What are the main challenges of the Past Pupils of Don Bosco in the coming years?
- What can Local Unions and National Federations do for the World Confederation of the PPDB?
- What do you think the World Confederation could do for Local Unions and Federations?
- What changes would you suggest in order for them to be a more successful organization in the 21st century:
a) to the World Statutes?b) to the World Confederation Structure? (4 continent-regions, 15 councillors)
Thank you very much!