?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20210726_EXDB-(1).jpg

By Br Dominic Nam
World Delegate for DB Past Pupils

Rome, 26 July 2021 -- Just a month after the first successful Asia-Oceania Congress of the Past Pupils of Don Bosco (25-26 June) a ground-breaking online meeting for Past Pupil Delegates formation has been held. Twenty one (21) SDB and one GEX (Young past pupils) spent 2 hours exchanging their experience and inspiration in the accompaniment that emerged during the Congress of this largest group of the Salesian Family. One of the main messages of the Congress: "We need more interested and animated Salesian delegates among us!"

A very fruitful and enthusiastic open forum was introduced with an 'Echo' of the recent Regional Congress, especially with the results of the group sharing on main challenges and priorities. Most highlighted were the themes of communication and launching of the Young past pupils (GEX) in each Don Bosco presence. But the main aim of this meeting was to motivate and test the ground for the formation of SDBs as Delegates to the Past pupils.

Some personal insights may inspire many EAO Salesians, all potentias Delegates for the Past Pupils of Don Bosco:

• "For me the most important insight that my animating role of the DB Past pupils is not just a 'part time job', but it's part of my vocation. I would like to give the best to this task entrusted by my provincial
  • In our vice-province we are still at the starting point, so myself and other SDBs need to learn about the Association and the 'art of following up our graduates'
  • During the Congress I understood more the importance of the Delegates' role for the Past Pupils
  • I keep many not-yet answered questions about the identity and mission of our Past pupils
  • In our vice-province the Association of DBPP is not yet established but we have many young Alumni, who are eager to start the Association (Union). However during the AO Congress they felt 'out of place' since on the screen there were mosty old people (Past Pupils)
  • The Congress was an eye-opener, especially the sharing about Past Pupils solidarity during the pandemic. We feel a need of constant communication to share our Past pupil experiences in different countries.
  • The first resolution of the AO Congress about the 'Delegate interest and accompaniment' struck my heart
  • As provincial delegate I struggle to reach all local delegates, but we don't loose patience and hope
  • After the AO Congress our (senior) Past pupils felt more proud about their worldwide Confederation."

Among the 22 participants the presence of recently appointed delegates or rectors was significant (FIS-Dumaguete and FIS-Pakistan; VIE - Ben Cat, CIN - Tainan), as well as proactive presence of Cambodia Delegate-Superior (Fr Roel Soto) with his delegates for ASC and DB Past Pupils, the vibrant animating presence of Fr Joseph Phuoc (EAO regional councillor) and Provincial delegates for the Salesian Family - some of them also with explicit animation of the Past Pupils (PGS, TLS, INA, KOR and THA). Although we missed 5 provincial delegates, two of them sent their apology and we remember them in our prayers.

In order to prepare the Delegate's online formation according to their needs, the participants voiced their expectations. The great majority has chosen the following from among the 10 themes in the 'DB Past Pupil Leadership Handbook': Self-formation of the Delegate; Past Pupils as members of the large Salesian Family of Don Bosco; Mission of the DB Past pupils and How to start a new local Union (esp. with the GEX - young past pupils). Some concrete expectations may inspire also Salesians in all 12 EAO provinces and 6 delegations:

• As Salesian delegates we need to be guided as animators in our important role in the Association
  • Need to get more clarity about the Past pupils mission ('giving back') especially in non-Christian environment
  • First we need to consolidate the process of the Salesian family animation in our vice-province
  • Some SDBs in our country don't yet appreciate the Past Pupils sufficiently (facing internal challenge)
  • Need to clarify the identity of Past Pupils (of Don Bosco, of FMA etc)
  • Need to create more effective network how to assist our GEX who are foreign migrant workers (e.g. VIE in GIA)

​​​​​​​       Before the final 'Prayer-Promise of the DB Past Pupils' recited by Mr Rafael Swith (THA-GEX coordinator) the EAO Regional Councillor wrapped up this meeting: Giving thanks for the Superiors support for their Past Pupil Delegates, asking you to bring the formation of SDB as potential delegates already to our initial formation houses and encourage all present to be more motivated in their patient work of accompaniment in this 'hour of lay people' in education and evangelization (GC28). Also provincial delegates were encouraged to make frequent visits (now online possible!) to the local centers of Past pupils.

​​​​​​​       Asa result of this 'formation launching' meeting, there will probably be three more EAO regional online meeting of the Delegates in the second semester of 2021.

​​​​​​​       Related news articles:

20210726_EXDB-(2).jpg

20210726_EXDB-(3).jpg

20210726_EXDB-(4).jpg

20210726_EXDB-(5).jpg

20210726_EXDB-(6).jpg

20210726_EXDB-(7).jpg

20210726_EXDB-(8).jpg

20210726_EXDB-(9).jpg

20210726_EXDB-(10).jpg

20210726_EXDB-(11).jpg

20210726_EXDB-(12).jpg

20210726_EXDB-(13).jpg

20210726_EXDB-(14).jpg

20210726_EXDB-(15).jpg

20210726_EXDB-(16).jpg

20210726_EXDB-(17).jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5657(III)_EAO Region opens up to DB Past Pupil Delegates Formation

By Br Dominic Nam World Delegate for DB Past Pupils Rome, 26 July 2021 -- Just a month after the first successful Asia-Oceania Congress of the Past Pupils of Don Bosco (25-26 June) a ground-breaking online meeting for Past Pupil Delegates f...
    Date2021.07.26 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views665 file
    Read More
  2. 5648(I)_Beyond the 12th Asia-Oceania Congress of DB Past Pupils

By the EAO steering team A-O, EAO region (Past Pupils), 13 July 2021 -- The 12th Asia-Oceania Congress was the first of the Don Bosco Past Pupils Regional Congresses held on line and the World Confederation is very keen to learn from this i...
    Date2021.07.13 CategoryEXDB Reply1 Views2633 file
    Read More
  3. 5646_From Samoa to the Gulf region: New spring for DB Past Pupils

By 12th Asia-Oceania Congress Past Pupils of DB Asia-Oceania (Past Pupils), 7 July 2021 -- Among the 28 countries of Asia-Oceania Region where the mission of Don Bosco is flourishing, there is a good number of very young or mostly new group...
    Date2021.07.07 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views835 file
    Read More
  4. 5644_Learning from each other - Timor Leste Federation of DB Past Pupils

By President's Report Dili, Timor Leste (RDTL), 5 July 2021 -- Each EAO regional event brings a lot of valuable charismatic experience, inspiration and wisdom together. The recent 12th Asia-Oceania Don Bosco Past Pupils Congress 'ON...
    Date2021.07.05 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views923 file
    Read More
  5. 5643(I)_Carlo Gastini, A poet of Valdocco (1833-1902)

Finally the biography of their Founder - Past Pupils By our own correspondent Sacro Cuore, Rome, 4 July 2021 -- Who is the founder of the Past Pupils of Don Bosco? Of course, Don Bosco himself! - the answer we often hear from the Salesians ...
    Date2021.07.04 CategoryEXDB Reply1 Views1401 file
    Read More
  6. 5640_The Thai Salesian Past Pupils at the 12th Asia-Oceania Don Bosco Past Pupils' Congress

By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 29 June 2021 -- Bro. Thanad Anan, SDB, the Salesian delegate for the past pupils of Thailand, together with 3 representatives of the past pupils, joined the online 12th Congress of the Salesian Past Pupils of As...
    Date2021.06.29 CategoryEXDB Reply1 Views946 file
    Read More
  7. 5638(II)_12th Asia-Oceania Congress: Awakening and rejuvenating a sleeping giant

By AO Congress steering committee Asia-Oceania PPDB Region, 27 June 2021 -- Just another Regional Congress of Don Bosco Past Pupils? Not really! The now completed 12th Asia-Oceania Regional Congress of Don Bosco Past Pupils without doubt is...
    Date2021.06.27 CategoryEXDB Reply2 Views1099 file
    Read More
  8. 5635(I)_Moved by Hope: 12th Asia-Oceania DB Past Pupils Congress

By Mr Niel Evangelista GEX Councilor for Asia-Oceania Asia-Oceania. 24 June 2021 -- On the 151st birthday of the Past Pupils of Don Bosco Association (June 24) the 12th Asia-Oceania Regional Congress of Don Bosco Past Pupils (online) is rea...
    Date2021.06.24 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views730 file
    Read More
  9. 5629(I)_‘A sleeping giant’ celebrates 150 years

Interview with Mr Michal Hort, Past Pupil of Don Bosco President of the World Confederation (2015-2021) Slovakia, 11 June 2021 -- The interview below was actually conducted in May, but given the upcoming Regional online meeting of the Past ...
    Date2021.06.11 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views518 file
    Read More
  10. 5624(II)_Convocation of the 12th Regional Congress of Don Bosco Past Pupils

By Secretary General PPDB World Confederation of the Past Pupils of Don Bosco, 6 June 2021 -- Five years after the 11th Regional Congress (Timor Leste, Dili - October 2016) the World Confederation President Mr. Michal Hort has convoked the ...
    Date2021.06.07 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views4216 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
/ 11