austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
ALA_5395

20200606_WOR2.jpg

RMG, Rome, 6 June 2020 -- Through the Press Release by the ANS (Salesian News Agency) the Rector Major, Fr. Angel F. Artime announced on 5 June 2020 the new world level delegates for the main lay groups of the Salesian Family:

• Fr. Joan Lluis Playa - Delegate of the Rector Major for the SF (VDB and CDB central assistant)
  • Fr. Alejandro Guevara (ADMA spiritual director)
  • Fr. Pier Luigi Cameroni (Postulator General - Salesian holiness)
  • Br. Dominic Nguyen Duc Nam (World Delegate for the Don Bosco Past Pupils and Salesian Cooperators)

In the Press release, the Rector Major introduced Bro Dominic Nam as follows: "Bro. Dominic Nguyen Duc Nam, Vietnamese Salesian Brother, will be the Delegate of the Rector Major for the Association of the Salesian Cooperators and the Delegate of the Rector Major for the Past Pupils of Don Bosco. Bro. Dominic has a good knowledge of the European and the Italian context and undoubtedly he is a reference point for the Asian culture. My intention is to avoid a Europeanisation or Westernization in the animation of the Salesian Family; rather I wish to make it more universal, and also to best value the vocation of the Salesian Brother in its more specific characteristics, including the animation of the Salesian Family, in particular of the two groups within it composed mainly of lay people."

We congratulate Br. Dominic Nam for his new responsibility and pray for the gifts of the Holy Spirit that he may accompany our Past Pupils and Salesian Cooperators around the world with the heart of Don Bosco.

Br. Dominic (47 years of age, born in HCM City) made his first profession in Bathon, Ho Chi Minh City (1998) and spent his initial formation both in Vietnam (Dalat postnovitiate) and in the Philippines (FIS - Cebu: practical training; FIN - Paranaque: biennium for Salesian Brothers) and continued his specialization and mission in Italy (Venezia Mestre,Vatican: 2006-2016).

After his re-entry to Vietnam in 2016 he was in charge of the Mai-Sen TVET (Vocation training center: restaurant-hotel specialization) in Ho Chi Minh City, resident in the Ben Cat community. In the Vietnam-Mongolia Province he also served as Coordinator of the (62) Salesian Brothers and head of the organizing committee for the 7th EAO Congress of Salesian Brothers (K'Long, August 2018).

Last February-March he participated as Delegate of Vietnam-Mongolia province at the 28th General Chapter (Valdocco,Turin).

First interview with Brother Dominic Nam (Nguyen Duc Nam)

World Delegate for the Salesian Cooperators and Don Bosco Past Pupils

Ho Chi Minh

6 June 2020

How did you feel when the Rector Major called you for this service of Salesian Family animation?

My first feeling is to recall my experience when I made first profession: “Why me? Lord!” From that very first moment I have already dedicated totally my life to the young and to the service of the Congregation. Naturally, as human being, I see this task is challenging, but at the same time it is an opportunity for me to see the greatness and the wonder which God is doing in our Congregation. The challenge is big but God’s grace is much bigger. Today’s reading strengthens me: the widow put in two small coins, but Jesus told to his disciples, this poor widow put in more than all the other contributors to the treasury. So, “what we give” that matters. God, please teach me to give everything even the very little that I have.

How was your participation in the GC28 - some insights - deeper awareness, feelings?

My experience of General Chapter 28 is still fresh in my memory. I have seen, I have lived in the richness of our Congregation with the presence of the confreres from every corner of the world with different colors, different languages, different cultures and different backgrounds. But we are one in Don Bosco, in the Salesian spirit. The Holy Spirit is working in all our presences for the benefit of the poor youth. This is truly the ‘Master piece’ which the Holy Spirit has given to the Church and to the young through Don Bosco. It was so meaningful to celebrate the General Chapter in Valdocco to study the theme: “what kind of Salesians for the youth of today”. Our beloved Pope Francis also invited everyone and each of us to make a “Valdocco option”, to go back to the original source to scoop the purest water and to refresh our commitment to God and to the young.

Your dream about the Salesian Cooperators and Don Bosco Alumni?

My dream about the Salesian family is to continue to grow greater - being a big tree - for many more poor young people to take refuge. I would like to borrow the Pope’s words in His message to the participants of the General Chapter 28 to express my wish to all Salesian Cooperators and Don Bosco Alumni: “Those encountered by Don Bosco yesterday and by the Salesians today are not mere recipients or end receivers of a strategy planned in advance, but living protagonists of the oratory yet to be fulfilled. Through them and with them the Lord shows us his will and his dreams. We could call them co-founders of your houses, where the Salesian will be an expert in prompting and enhancing this type of dynamics, without setting himself as their master or even feeling that way. A unity, that reminds us that we are “A Church which goes forth” and mobilizes us for this: a Church able to let go of comfort zones, safe and in some occasions privileged positions, in order to find in the last the typical fertility of the Kingdom of God.” Let’s us take courage to go against the current and to be light, salt, and leaven to the world.

Related news article:AustraLasia 5063 (II) Don Bosco Bakery opens

20200606_WOR201.jpg

20200606_WOR202.jpg

20200606_WOR203.jpg

20200606_WOR204.jpg

20200606_WOR205.jpg

20200606_WOR206.jpg

20200606_WOR207.jpg

20200606_WOR208.jpg

20200606_WOR209.jpg

20200606_WOR210.jpg

20200606_WOR211.jpg

20200606_WOR212.jpg

20200606_WOR213.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5404_Attracted by the Love of God and exemplary Salesian Brothers

ALA_5404 By Interview with a Missionary Brother John Ka Long, Vietnamese missionary to Brazil - Manaus Sacro Cuore, Rome, 19 June 2020 -- It is almost 10 months after they arrived in Rome for the new missionary course. Due to various visa ...
    Date2020.06.19 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views612 file
    Read More
  2. 5397(I)_Networking with Partners in Mission

ALA_5397 A Missionary Thought for the 11th of the Month By Fr. Alfred Maravilla SDB General Councilor for Missions Sacro Cuore, Rome, 10 June 2020 -- At the outbreak of COVID-19 virus pandemic, the Missions Department of the Salesian Headq...
    Date2020.06.10 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1136 file
    Read More
  3. 5396(II)_Third Superior of the PGS Vice-Province: Fr Gregorio Bicomong, Jr

ALA_5396 PGS Viceprovince has a third superior in four years time By the Secretary General Sacro Cuore, Rome, 8 June 2020 -- Following the online consultation in the PGS Vice-province (March-April 2020) and the discernment process in te Ge...
    Date2020.06.09 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views2535 file
    Read More
  4. 5395(III)_Br. Nguyen Duc Nam (Dominic) appointed as World Delegate for the Past Pupils of Don Bosco and the Association of Salesian Cooperators

ALA_5395 RMG, Rome, 6 June 2020 -- Through the Press Release by the ANS (Salesian News Agency) the Rector Major, Fr. Angel F. Artime announced on 5 June 2020 the new world level delegates for the main lay groups of the Salesian Family: Fr....
    Date2020.06.06 CategoryRMG Reply2 Views1166 file
    Read More
  5. 5371(I)_Salesian gospel - Letter from Rome (May 10, 1884)

ALA_5371 Rome, 8 May 2020 -- "Studia di farti amare" (Strive to be loved) - one of the most moving sayings of Don Bosco, and one we also bear on our Salesian Cross, again distributed during the General Chapte 28 to all delegates. For every ...
    Date2020.05.09 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views902 file
    Read More
  6. 5368(IV)_Amidst the heartache of Coronavirus and the Easter experience

ALA_5368 Our 28th "Special" General Chapter By Fr. Angel F. Artime Rector Major With the date of 4th April, the Successor of Don Bosco sent his 2020 Easter Letter to "my dear confreres, Salesians of Don Bosco, to my dear Salesian Family, to...
    Date2020.05.05 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views573 file
    Read More
  7. 5344(II)_Salesian Family in 2020 - 32 groups with 251,159 members

ALA_5344 250 page presentation of the worldwide Salesian Family By our own correspondent Sacro Cuore, Rome, 22 March 2020 -- The 'Book of the Family', the long-awaited gift to the 28th General Chapter members, the 2020 edition of the 'Sales...
    Date2020.03.23 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views619 file
    Read More
  8. 5342(II)_Letter written from the heart of the Young People

ALA_5342 Frequent question: What will I do with my life? By our own correspondent Valdocco, Turin, 16 March 2020 -- After four weeks of intense work in Valdoco - Turin, there is a time to harvest the fruits of the 28 General Chapter. Withou...
    Date2020.03.20 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views596 file
    Read More
  9. 5341(II)_The EAO Lion Dance honors the RM and his new council

ALA_5341 The last evening of GC28 with a Feast around the Rector Major By Fr Václav Klement sdb Valdocco, Turin, 18 March 2020 -- On the last evening of the GC28 (last Friday) we enjoyed the traditional Salesian style of the 'Academy - Feas...
    Date2020.03.19 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views498 file
    Read More
  10. 5340(III)_Interview with Fr. Alfred Maravilla - newly elected General Councilor for the missions

ALA_5340 By our own correspondent Valdocco, Turin, 17 March 2020 -- How do you feel now? People ask me how I feel as the newly elected General Councillor for Missions. My response is: I have tried my best to avoid this election. After my se...
    Date2020.03.17 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1163 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19 Next
/ 19