Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 908 Comment 0

20190713_RMG.jpg

Letter of the Rector Major for the 150th Anniversary of ADMA

By Our Own Correspondent

RMG, 13 July 2019 -- Not only the ADMA (Mary Help of Christians Association) members, but the whole Salesian Family receives a precious gift in the most recent letter of the Rector Major, dated 18 April 2019 (date of canonical approval of the Archconfraternity of MHC by the Archbishop of Turin in 1869).

The Letter is entitled 'Entrust, have trust and smile!' and is divided into four parts: 1. Anchored in the Eucharist and in the Mary Help of Christians; 2. A journey of 150 years with Mary; 3. Popular character of the Salesian Charism and 4. From the house of Mary to our homes (ADMA family and ADMA youth).

Fr. Ángel opens the letter with the words of Don Bosco: "My Dear Sons in Jesus Christ, The Lord knows how much I would like to see you, to be among you, to speak with you about our concerns and to find consolation in the shared trust we have in one another..." And then declares the main purpose: "...With the desire to make Mary Help of Christians ever more at home with us, in the following pages I offer you a simple reflection on our attachment to the Eucharist and to Mary Help of Christians, on the path followed in these 150 years, on the popular nature of the Salesian charism that has been handed on to us as a treasure to be guarded, and on the path to be followed from Mary’s house to our own homes. I take this opportunity to thank the Salesians, the FMA and the ADMA of Valdocco for the valuable contribution they offered me as a result of the reflection they carried out at the dawn of this 150th anniversary..."

Surely this beautiful letter should reach all members of the Salesian Family in our Region, also thanks to dozens of translators in our 12 provinces. So we pray for their hardworking spirit and patience, while expected to get this Rector Major's letter not only in Vietnamese, Thai, Korean, Japanese and Indonesian (as usual) but also in Burmese, Cebuano, Pidgin English, Tagalog, Tetum or Urdu)

Full text of the RM's letter: Acts of the General Council, no. 430)

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5139_Pilgrimage in places where Word was made Flesh

By Fr Vaclav Klement, SDB Jerusalem, Holy Land, 9 July 2019 -- What have been the fruits of 8 days pilgrimage in the Holy Land? What makes the pilgrimage to the Land of Jesus so unique? A unique opportunity to touch the places of Jesus with...
    Date2019.07.14 CategoryRMG Reply3 Views1459 file
    Read More
  2. 5137(IV)_'Entrust, have trust and smile!'

Letter of the Rector Major for the 150th Anniversary of ADMA By Our Own Correspondent RMG, 13 July 2019 -- Not only the ADMA (Mary Help of Christians Association) members, but the whole Salesian Family receives a precious gift in the most r...
    Date2019.07.13 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views908 file
    Read More
  3. 5127(II)_From Dreams to Decisions

SDB - FMA General Councils By Our Own Correspondent Rome, Italy, FMA General House, 26 June 2019 -- Five months after the previous joint Council meeting on 17 January 2019 the two General Councils SDB and FMA met this time at the General Ho...
    Date2019.06.28 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1126 file
    Read More
  4. 5124(I)_"Blessed those who are gentle, they shall find mercy"

Thanks, dear Fr Luigi Cei (1944-2019) By Our Own Correspondent Rome, 22 June 2019 -- Many of us got know Fr Luigi Cei in the Salesian Central Archives at the General House, where he served from 1993-2017 with his whole heart, welcoming thos...
    Date2019.06.24 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views703 file
    Read More
  5. 5115(II)_Last formation opportunity before GC28 with 4 new EAO provincials

By Our Own Correspondent RMG, 14 June 2019 -- The 11 new Provincials from Europe (Portugal and Italy), Latin America (Paraguay), South Asia (India-Dimapur), Africa (Rwanda - Burundi - Uganda) and from four EAO provinces (China, Indonesia, J...
    Date2019.06.14 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views941 file
    Read More
  6. 5109_"I thank God for this beautiful Salesian vocation"

Fr. Gerardo Martin appointed as the 12th Provincial of FIN Province By Our Own Correspondent RMG, 5 June 2019 -- Following the week of consultation in the FIN province (March 2019) and the discernment process at Sacro Cuore (June 2019) for ...
    Date2019.06.06 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1233 file
    Read More
  7. 5110(I)_Salesian Resource for the Extraordinary Missionary Month

October 2019 By Salesian Missions Department RMG, Rome, 3 June 2019 -- Four months before the start of October 2019 declared by Pope Francis an "Extraordinary Missionary Month" for the whole global Catholic community, the Salesian Family to...
    Date2019.06.06 CategoryRMG Reply1 Views1387 file
    Read More
  8. 5104_Communicate to Involve in the Mission Between the Print and the Digital Culture

Five from EAO attend the International Meeting of Salesian Bulletin Editors By Fr. Drans Nolasco, SDB Rome, Italy, 29 May 2019 -- The International Meeting of Salesian Bulletin Editors was held last May 26-29, 2019 at the Casa La Salle in R...
    Date2019.05.31 CategoryRMG Reply3 Views6572 file
    Read More
  9. 5093(II)_When only faith, silence and prayer are possible ...

Message of the Rector Major to the Salesian Family in the world By Fr Ángel Fernández Artime, SDB RMG, 18 May 2019 -- Dear brothers and sisters of the Salesian Family in the world, I write to you to share sad news and to invite you again to...
    Date2019.05.19 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1130 file
    Read More
  10. 5090(II)_Novena to Mary Help of Christians 2019 - Beatitudes

Videos and animation notes By Our Own Correspondent RMG, 16 May 2019 -- After a successful video-animated Novena to Mary Help of Christians last May 2018, this year too, in the line with the Beatitudes of the Salesian Family, the Rector Maj...
    Date2019.05.16 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views968 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19 Next
/ 19