PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1430 Comment 1

20180323_PAC.jpg

Invitation for the last few days of Lenten season

By Fr. Petelo Vito Pa'u, SDB
Delegate for the Pacific

Suva, Fiji, 23 March 2018 -- A story is told of a man, who while driving a car met with a terrible accident. A few people soon gathered at the place of the accident and came forward to offer him immediate help that he needed. But the man said, “Oh! There’s nothing wrong with me.” “But sir, you’ve just been in a terrible car accident. You’re bleeding and have some deep bruises. There may be internal damage!” someone from the crowd said. But the man said again, “There is nothing wrong with me!” Another man then suggested, “At least have a doctor check you out, sir. We have an ambulance right here – it wouldn’t take very long.” But the man again insisted, “I told you, there’s nothing wrong with me!” And he walked away from the car accident. After this, his wife, when she heard of her husband’s accident came there, picked him up and drove him home. Later at night, he died from internal bleeding.

For a person to stand before God and say, “There is nothing wrong with me” is probably the worst thing we could possibly say. We know in our hearts that, that is not true. There is always something wrong with us. So, a true Christian is someone who humbly stands before God and says, “Be merciful, O Lord, for I have sinned.”

The Holy Season of Lent is a time for our spiritual renewal, calls us for “metanoia”, a complete change of heart through repentance. In this year’s Strenna: “Sir, give me this Water,” Let us cultivate the art of Listening and of accompaniment,” the Rector Major invites us to a deeper reflection on the role of listening and accompaniment in our own lives and with those with whom we journey.

“The synthetic phrase of the Strenna,” writes Fr. Artime, “corresponds to the heartfelt request that the Samaritan woman makes to Jesus at Jacob’s well. In her meeting with Him, the woman feels that she has been listened to, respected and appreciated; and so, in her heart she feels impelled to ask for something even more precious: “Sir, give me some of this water.. the water of life to the full that you are offering me.”

It is important not to forget that, even though the Strenna 2018 is mainly focus on how we must listen and accompany young people in the journey but, its implication is first and foremost for us Salesians leaving in communities to implement and to live the Strenna with each other. I now encourage and invite you dear confreres to study the Strenna; to make it the object of sharing with members of your community, with young people and with the people involved in the mission of proclaiming the Good News.

I wish you well in celebrating Lent in whatever way makes sense to you and your community as sons of Don Bosco.

Cheers!

20180323_PAC1.jpg

20180323_PAC2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • vaclav 2018.03.23 11:30

Delegate for the Pacific

Thanks so much for your little story and the moral lesson behind.

Happy Holy Week and Happy Easter,

Charles cardinal Bo, Yangon, 

Myanmar

1. 5043_Young Salesians in Suva are serving the parish community

New parish in Fiji offers outreach to young Salesian in formation By Cl. Foua Jr, Peate, SDB Don Bosco House, Suva, Fiji Islands -- On 16 March 2019, the Salesian Community in Suva Fiji visited a family in the newly founded Parish of Saint ...
    Date2019.03.21 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views13633 file
    Read More
  2. 4985(III)_Study, reflect, share and act together

First Pacific Delegation Assembly By Fr James Hoe, SDB Moderator of the Pacific Delegation Assembly Le'auva'a, Samoa, 20 January 2019 -- For the first time, 28 confreres from the three countries of the Pacific Delegation (Fiji, New Zealand ...
    Date2019.01.20 CategoryPac. Reply1 Views892 file
    Read More
  3. 4982(III)_First Pacific Delegation Asssembly opens in Samoa

By Cl. Pati Ioane, SDB Leauvaa, Samoa, 16 January 2019 --The day that we, the Pacific Delegation, have been dreaming of has finally arrived. The opening of the first ever Pacific Delegation Assembly was held at St Therese Retreat Centre, Le...
    Date2019.01.17 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views905 file
    Read More
  4. 4888(II)_"Come and See"

First vocational day in Savaii-Samoa By Cl. Peter Duc Nguyen, SDB Savaii, Samoa, 20 October 2018 -- To help young boys take a closer glance at Salesian life and find vocations for the Congregation, specifically for the Pacific Delegation, t...
    Date2018.10.21 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views1219 file
    Read More
  5. 4858(I)_“Care for our common home; Laudato Si.”

Salesian Missions in Fiji By Bro. Sinapati Ioane, SDB Makoi, Fiji, 14 September 2018 -- While the people of Fiji were busy celebrating their Constitution Day (September 07, 2018) public holiday, the Don Bosco Formation community together wi...
    Date2018.09.22 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views1442 file
    Read More
  6. 4829(I)_Fiji celebrates the 4th Bula Bosco

Salesian Youth Day in Fiji - Bula Bosco 2018 By Cl. Pati Ioane, SDB Suva, Fiji Islands, 18 August 2018 -- Over 200 young children had celebrated Bula-Bosco at Nasinu in near Suva in Fiji Islands on 18th August. It was an annual celebration ...
    Date2018.08.25 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views1208 file
    Read More
  7. 4821(I)_Growing together in the intercultural dynamics of religious life

The Internovitiate Program on Cultural Awareness By Nov. Afi'a Enosa, SDB Suva, Fiji Islands, 11 August 2018 -- Last weekend, the novices and postulants from the Marist Brothers, Marist Sisters, Missionaries of the Sacred Heart, Salesians o...
    Date2018.08.17 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views1055 file
    Read More
  8. 4816(III)_“Champs of Champs”

Interschool Athletics in Samoa By Cl Peter Duc Nguyen, SDB Savaii, Samoa, 10 August 2018 -- College Sports Committee held an athletics day for 12 colleges at Don Bosco College. This event is to choose excellent athletes representing for all...
    Date2018.08.11 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views1086 file
    Read More
  9. 4792(VI)_Cagliero Project Immersion to Samoa

By Ms. Lauren Hichaaba Alafua, Samoa, 19 July 2018 -- A group of young Australians representing the Cagliero Project and the Salesians of Don Bosco in Australia have just returned from a very successful immersion in Samoa. The AUL Province ...
    Date2018.07.20 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views1103 file
    Read More
  10. 4772(I)_Fiji Diocesan Synod - focus on the Youth

By Nov. Afi’a Enosa Suva, Fiji, 24 June 2018 -- This is a wonderful opportunity to share with you some of the recent events that happen in Fiji - Suva! Synod of the Archdiocese of Fiji The Archdiocesan Youth Rally took place on the weekend ...
    Date2018.06.28 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views4121 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
/ 10