?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 4121 Comment 0

20180628_Pac.jpg

By Nov. Afi’a Enosa

Suva, Fiji, 24 June 2018 -- This is a wonderful opportunity to share with you some of the recent events that happen in Fiji - Suva! Synod of the Archdiocese of Fiji

The Archdiocesan Youth Rally took place on the weekend of 20-22 May 2018. This was a great experience. It began with a reflection on the prophetic mission of the young in the Church and in society.

The Synod of the Archdiocese of Fiji was officially opened by Archbishop Peter Loy Chong at a special Eucharistic Celebration on Sunday (22 May). It was a privilege to hear the presentations by Fr. Philip Gibbs (SVD) from PNG and Fr. Arthur Leger (SJ), now assigned to Fiji, on the Church and society in the world and in Fiji today. This helped me to deepen my faith. It was my first experience of a synod. I look forward to the Synod workshop with the youth later in the year.

Blessing the Foundation

The foundation of our new St. John Bosco Parish and Youth centres was blessed on 26 May. This photo was taken on that occasion with a few of my Sunday (Catechetics) School students from the villages of Makoi and Muanikoso.

Pastoral Work with the Young

Together with our senior Sunday (Catechetics) School students on a pastoral experience at the Home of Compassion. We spent the day helping the Sisters to clean the facilities, talk to the elderly, feed them and… in our typical Pacific way… entertain the elder in typically Pacific way.

20180628_Pac1.jpg

20180628_Pac2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5853(III)_International Youth Day celebrated in Fiji at Don Bosco Youth and Education Centre 0

2. 5818(V)_Confirmation celebration at Saint John Bosco Parish Suva, Fiji 0

3. 5808_Charity donation from the Mission Office in Australia for Fiji 0

4. 5796(II)_Easter celebration in Fiji 0

5. 5786(VI)_Final Profession of Brother Anh Vu Nguyen SDB 0

6. 5786(II)_Diaconate ordination of Brother Peter Minh Duc Nguyen 0

7. 5784_New Hospitality Building for Don Bosco Students in Samoa 0

8. 5781(III)_Samoa - Salesian Family new pastoral year 2022 0

9. 5771(I)_Official Opening of the Youth and Education Centre, Suva 0

10. 5757(III)_Oratory Fun Day, Suva 0

List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
/ 10