?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1104 Comment 0

20190920_PAC.jpg

By Cl. Afia Enosa, SDB Postnovice

Suva, Fiji Islands, 19 September 2019 -- “Without realizing it, they welcomed angels”, a message that echoes the attention from all the laity, families and friends who took part in the celebration of the Salesian Mission Day here in Suva, Fiji. The celebration began with the Eucharist, celebrated by Fr. Paselio Tevaga (Rector) with all the participants from different areas such as Makoi, Muanikoso and Nakasi. The Eucharist was then followed by the praising led by the Brothers and laity with all the Catechetics students. The focus of the occasion was mainly on how the Salesian Missionaries consecrated their lives for the poor and the marginalized in the mission of Don Bosco in Africa. After watching some video clips of the Mission in Africa, we divided for personal discussions in groups and afterwards we conclude the program with a word of encouragement from Fr. Paselio, followed by light refreshments.

Praising led by the Brothers and some students of our Catechetics school. It is amazing how some young students stood up and lead our praising and it was a sign of hope and love within our mission for the young here in Fiji.

Fr. Paselio Tevaga delivered a short message about the Salesian Mission Day and also explained the Poster and the Theme of the Mission Day in full detail . He also clarified the true meaning of what it is to be a missionary, not only for the local communities, but also for the whole Church.

During the group discussion, a member of one of the groups was able to express her sincere thanks to all the Salesians and the mission here in Fiji.

“I’m so grateful how the Salesians reached out to those young people in Africa, even though they have risked their lives for the mission. I would also like to say, a job well done to all the Salesians here in the community (Fiji) for taking care of our childrens' spiritual side, which we have entrusted to their care every Sunday and all events they have done for our children and making them feel at home always”.

20190920_PAC2.jpg

20190920_PAC1.jpg

20190920_PAC3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5634(I)_Suva Community – Charity support for some families 0

2. 5599(I)_Salesian Family Gathering: Fiji 0

3. 5594(I)_Holy Week - Saint John Bosco Parish, Suva (Fiji) 0

4. 5588(II)_“With the young at the oratory in Suva, Fiji” 0

5. 5573(I)_Solomon Islands Don Bosco Rural Training Centre Inauguration of scholastic year 0

6. 5513(I)_Pacific Regional Seminary (PRS) Graduation 2020 0

7. 5512(IV)_A New Oratory in the Fiji Islands 0

8. 5204(II)_Salesian Mission Day 2019 in Fiji 0

9. 5202(II)_Kiwi Bosco Youth Retreat 0

10. 5198(III)_Don Bosco Students in Samoa Visited by World Class Filmmakers 1

List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
/ 10