PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 496 Comment 0
ALA_5530

20201211_FMA.jpg

By Sr Cecilia Park Hyunju, FMA
Korean FMA missionary in Canada

Surrey, Vancouver, Canada, 10 December 2020 -- "COVID-19 makes us create many new ways also in the Salesian mission here in Surrey-Vancouver, Canada, where Sr Cecilia, FMA arrived some 15 months ago as a new missionary. She shares on her Facebook pages:

Special Christmas Cards

Our parish children (Our Lady of Good Counsel) preparing for the Confirmation also need a different activity for their Confirmation Service instead of visiting the elderly. A Very Special Christmas Card, is a Christmas card for children to fill in the pages given with the Scripture words, their prayers, and concern for their neighbors. It is not a card that ends with writing a simple Christmas greeting in minutes, but a spiritual gift that is completed after preparing and praying with their family during Advent. I hope our children can understand and practice their Christian mission through this little sharing.

First hand made Advent Wreath

I prepared this gift with all my heart for some days to illuminate the way of the Lord, and decorated this wreath all day long. At the beginning of the Mass on the first Sunday of Advent, I shed tears of emotion in my heart as I watched the priest bless it. The Lord knows how I gladly prepared and arranged it, and how many sacrifices I made without anyone knowing. If I had not been a missionary, and if I had been in Korea, I would never have had a chance to make it with my own hands. The Lord has given me a new way and opportunity to please Him and serve His people, here in Surrey. I find new ways to love the Lord that I have never imagined in the past, here in Surrey - Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish.

[NB: And the parishioners appreciate with the reply on the FB page]

Our Lady of Good Counsel

This is the name of our parish and our religious community. Unlike other communities in our FMA province of USA-Canada of Saint Joseph, headquarters in Haledon (New Jersey, USA) located in the East, we are a unique community located on the Western Coast. This Salesian parish opened about 60 years ago, and the first three Salesian Sisters were sent to Surrey, Metro Vancouver, just 3 years ago. Our parish is a huge multicultural community made up of many ethnic groups, with a renovated infrastructure, welcoming many old and young, especially migrants who feel here at home.

A new missionary after 15 months

There are still many homeless people in this city, and they sometimes spend the night close to our Church. Without having big dreams and realizing them in my country, I experience as a new missionary many limitations and differences here, but I know that starting with small things is the best I can do. I decided to make scarves with some children for the neighbors living on the streets and humbly asked a few people to donate knitting yarns and needles. Thankfully, yarns started to gather in my basket, and I began knitting. I don't know how many yarns will be donated or how many scarves will be made, but it doesn't matter. Didn't the miracle of Jesus even begin with just five loaves and two fish?"

With the best wishes of a Joy-filled journey towards Christmas 2020!

The community of Surrey (Metro Vancouver) is located in the Western part of Canada, British Columbia. There is one multicultural SDB community since 1974 (Rector Fr George Atok and 4 other confreres from India, Poland, Philippines and USA) and one FMA multicultural community since 2017 (Directress Sr Antoni Cedrone and three sisters).

Sr Cecilia Park, FMA is a Korean missionary ad gentes serving in Canada since 2019 (FMA province of Easter USA-Canada)in the Parish of Our Lady of Good Counsel (Surrey-Vancouver)

20201211_FMA1.jpg

20201211_FMA2.jpg

FMA-KOR-Canada-Park-Cecilia.jpg

KOR_FMA-in-Rome-Christmas-2017.jpg

KOR-FMA-2017-missionary-exped.jpg

KOR-Park-FMA-in-Rome-missionary.jpg

Surrey-Advent-wreath-2020-Cecilia.jpg

Surrey-FMA-virtual-oratory-2020.jpg

Surrey-OLGC-Oct-2020.jpg

Surrey-OLGC-parish.jpg
Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5780(IV)_150 Years of the FMA – Missionary Synodality

By Sr. Maria Anh Thi, FMA FMA Vietnam, 1 March 2022 -- With the conviction that “the missionary dimension is an essential element of the identity of the FMA Institute” (cf. HL FMA, no. 75), and to help the sisters nourish their ...
    Date2022.03.01 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views883 file
    Read More
  2. 5717(V)_FMA welcome Pope Francis to their 24th General Chapter

Rome, FMA General House, 25 October 2021 -- On the morning of 22 October, after leaving Casa Santa Marta, Pope Francis went by car to the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians General House, where he met participants at the 24th General Chap...
    Date2021.10.26 CategoryFMA Reply1 Views932 file
    Read More
  3. 5666(I)_We welcome the first FMA from Singapore!

Text bySr Jessica Salvana, FMA Provincial Superior CYM FMA (Cambodia-Myanmar), 8 August 2021 -- The Mary Our Help Province (Cambodia-Myanmar) celebrates a unique event in the history of the Institute on Cambodian soil, amidst the raging Cov...
    Date2021.08.08 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views1594 file
    Read More
  4. 5665_FMA sister religious professions around the EAO region

Text byour own correspondent FMA, world and EAO, 6 August 2021 -- 5 August is the FMA (Salesian Sisters or Daughters of Mary Help of Christians or simply 'Don Bosco Sisters') Foundation Day. This year Mother General Sr Yvonne Reunag...
    Date2021.08.06 CategoryFMA Reply2 Views1486 file
    Read More
  5. 5660(IV)_The Reception of two new FMA postulants in Myanmar

“The Almighty has done great thing for me. Lk. 1:49” By Sr. Juliet Kwye Kwye, FMA Anisakan (Myanmar), 30 July 2021 -- On 24 July 2021, on the day of the Commemoration of Mary Help of Christians, two Myanmar young girls, Lucy and...
    Date2021.07.30 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views1379 file
    Read More
  6. 5660(I)_FMA: Dream big for the ladies

By Sr Cristina Villasanta, FMA Port Moresby, PNG, 30 July 2021 -- ‘Dream Big for the ladies’ was the encouragement of Sr. Mabel Pilar, FMA (former Provincial Superior) and Sr. Teresita Padron, FMA, the present Provincial, to the...
    Date2021.07.30 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views657 file
    Read More
  7. 5570(I)_Italy Salesian Bulletin reports on FMA in Myanmar

By Ms. Petra Slivjnek BS (Italy) FMA Mission Office-Germany, 17 February 2021 -- After the powerful cyclone in 2008, countless people fled from many destroyed villages to the metropolitan area of Yangon with 4 million. Difficult social cond...
    Date2021.02.17 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views813 file
    Read More
  8. 5530(I)_Christmas preparation during Covid19 times

ALA_5530 By Sr Cecilia Park Hyunju, FMA Korean FMA missionary in Canada Surrey, Vancouver, Canada, 10 December 2020 -- "COVID-19 makes us create many new ways also in the Salesian mission here in Surrey-Vancouver, Canada, where Sr Cecilia,...
    Date2020.12.11 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views496 file
    Read More
  9. 5441(III)_Perpetual Profession of Sr. Maria Domenica Mazzarello Eng Sarin in Cambodia

ALA_5441 By Sister Maria Elena Estacio, FMA Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 10 August 2020 -- Sister Maria Domenica Mazzarello Eng Sarin, a Cambodian member of the Daughters of Mary Help, made her perpetual profession at Don Bosco Teuk Thla School o...
    Date2020.08.10 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views467 file
    Read More
  10. 5362(III)_Youth Encounter – a first for the boarders of Mary Our Help Ladies Dormitory (Papua New Guinea)

ALA_5362 By Sr Alice Fulgencio FMA Boroko, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, 27 April 2020 -- They came unsure of what to expect in the encounter and ended up asking for more. On April 22-24, thirty boarders from Mary Our Help Ladies Dormitor...
    Date2020.04.28 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views698 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
/ 9