Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 903 Comment 0

20180306_IDN.jpg

The Valdocco of Indonesia

By Fr. Adie Prinanto, SDB

Sumba, Indonesia, 6 March 2018 -- Thirty three years after the first Salesian presence in Indonesia (Jakarta) the large tree of Indonesia Salesian presence is growing in seven presences in Java and Sumba island. The most numerous community with 7 perpetually professed confreres (4 Priests and 3 Brothers), three practical trainees and 8 prenovices is located in the remote, poor and majority Christian island of Sumba (Rector Fr. Adie Prinanto).

Sixteen years after first confreres landed in Sumba (2002), our presence is being rooted with solid education presence - BLK Budi Daya Don Bosco (Vocation Training Center), Oratory and Secondary Technical School (SMK) Salesian Don Bosco, opened in 2014. It's really a good place to form our younger generations: the novitiate stage was present in Sumba for past 12 years, now there is only Aspirants and Prenovices. Beyond our walls of large rural based compound our Salesians are involved in multiple help to the local Church with youth ministry and Eucharist in the remote mission stations.

Recent interview with one of the first Don Bosco Alumni of Sumba presence, Mr. Pius Dappa Ole (teacher - carpentry section of Vocation Training Center) who got in touch with Don Bosco in 2002 offers a deep insight in the charismatic growth of Indonesia Valdocco:

When did you meet Don Bosco for the first time?

I have joined Don Bosco VTC through the ADM Sisters of Sumba, in my home village. I wanted to learn carpentry, and I approach Fr. Andres Calleja in 2003 and was soon accepted to the Don Bosco boarding house and started a regular life of common prayers, training for technical skills, discipline, recreation time with the Salesians. Our first group of trainees was of 32 students and only 13 of us concluded the first course after two years. Since the transfer of VTC in 2006 from the cathedral site to Don Bosco compound I became a teacher. Now I feel happy that I can give back the skills received from Don Bosco and teach younger generations!

What do you treasure most in the Bosconian education in Sumba?

I appreciated most our spiritual formation, how to arrange own time within the 24 hours frame, how to be orderly, how to forge close relationship with the Salesians who always showed us the way how to become good person.

What makes you happy as Lay Mission Partner of Don Bosco?

I feel that I can give also to other people own skills and knowledge to other young people to make them better, like the vision – mission of Don Bosco. I had a dream of Don Bosco: I met him at the foot of the hill, DB gave me many coconuts and asked me to share with other young people, but in order to share, I needed to climb the hill. And I did! The meaning of this dream… Before this dream I had already grateful heart for all things received from DB. Could not imagine what would be my life be without Don Bosco.

You dream about Don Bosco Salesian family in Sumba?

First we need to get know our Don Bosco VTC more within the local society and visit the parishes like in the past!

Second concern is about our graduates, who are not yet employed. Would be very good to gather a small group of Alumni (carpentry section) with some seed money to organize small carpentry in the town.

20180306_IDN1.jpg

20180306_IDN2.jpg

20180306_IDN3.jpg

20180306_IDN4.jpg

20180306_IDN5.jpg

20180306_IDN6.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5624(IV)_Jakarta Salesians Turn Trash to a Blessing

By Fr. Ambrosius Widiyantoro, SDB Wisma Salesian Don Bosco, Jakarta, 7 June 2021 -- Garbage is often a problem that never ends. Improper processing and public awareness play a big role in many places; the postnovitiate community of Wisma Sa...
    Date2021.06.07 CategoryINA Reply0 Views1151 file
    Read More
  2. 5624(I)_Inspiring young Catholic joins DB Indonesia's YouTube channel to witness to his faith

By Fr. Peter Tukan, SDB Jakarta, Indonesia, 7 June 2021 -- Indonesia is one the few countries in the world that have been producing the world best badminton athletes. Today, the country has Jonatan Christie, 23 years old Catholic, who occup...
    Date2021.06.07 CategoryINA Reply0 Views932 file
    Read More
  3. 5615(II)_Don Bosco Indonesia: Salesian Bulletin relaunched

By our own correspondent Jakarta, Indonesia, 21 May 2021 -- The Indonesian Salesian Bulletin (52 pages) was relaunched on the provincial website (https//sdb.or.id) on 19 May 2021 with a clear editorial drive, involving many Salesians and so...
    Date2021.05.22 CategoryINA Reply0 Views621 file
    Read More
  4. 5600(I)_Salesians Indonesia hoping to expand to new diocese

By Fr. Boedi, SDB Indonesia, 19 April 2021 -- On Friday morning, 16 April 2021, Fr. Boedi (Provincial Economer) and Fr. Paulus (Provincial Delegate for Youth Ministry) finished their five-day exploration in the Diocese of Ruteng. The area o...
    Date2021.04.19 CategoryINA Reply0 Views842 file
    Read More
  5. 5471(II)_Further exploratory visit to Ruteng diocese on Flores island

ALA_5471 By Br. Bernardinus Mei 'Mikoli' Ruteng, Flores Island, Indonesia, 21 September 2020 -- After the first exploratory visit last October 2019 to the three dioceses of Flores Island (Ruteng, Maumere and Ende), this time (13-17 Septemb...
    Date2020.09.21 CategoryINA Reply0 Views617 file
    Read More
  6. 5371(II)_When Indonesia's Salesians and Young People meet online

ALA_5371 Open sharing with the young on YouTube By Fr. Vincent Prastowo Wisma Don Bosco, Jakarta - Indonesia, 8 May 2020 -- On the official YouTube channel of the Indonesia Viceprovince (INA) of St Aloysius Versiglia, you can find two open ...
    Date2020.05.09 CategoryINA Reply0 Views714 file
    Read More
  7. 5235_Don Bosco Tech ASEAN 3rd Meeting of Country Representatives

ALA_5235 By Bro. Ephrem Santos, SDB Jakarta, Indonesia, 24 October 2019 -- Last week, (8-13 October 2019) Jakarta was the venue for the third meeting of Country representatives of the Don Bosco TVET Centers in ASEAN. Four days were spent sh...
    Date2019.10.25 CategoryINA Reply0 Views1468 file
    Read More
  8. 5224(I)_Vocation Promotion by FB

By Fr. Adie Prianto, SDB Sumba Community, Indonesia, 11 October 2019 -- The following dialogue took place on Facebook: What congregation are you? I’m an SDB member. (in Indonesia everybody knows SVD with 4 provinces, but very few know SDB) ...
    Date2019.10.11 CategoryINA Reply0 Views827 file
    Read More
  9. 5222(III)_Following the RM’s Road Map 2024

Exploratory visit to Flores Island By Fr Vaclav Klement, SDB Ruteng - Ende - Maumere, Flores Island, Indonesia, 8 October 2019 -- The motivation for the 4 day exploratory visit (4-8 October)on the roads of Flores Island (Eastern Indonesia) ...
    Date2019.10.08 CategoryINA Reply0 Views624 file
    Read More
  10. 5209(I)_Formation for Economers in INA Province

By Fr Peter Tukan, SDB Jakarta, Indonesia, 21 September 2019 -- The office of the Provincial Economer of the Vice-Province of Indonesia (INA) recently organized a week of formation for the local economers, that ran from 16 to 21 September. ...
    Date2019.09.25 CategoryINA Reply0 Views796 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 Next
/ 12