Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 899 Comment 0

20180304_IDN.jpg

Interview with Br. Ignatius Satya Paramitha, SDB

By Our Own Correspondent

Sumba, Indonesia, 3 March 2018 -- Br. Ignatius is one of the 10 Salesian Brothers of Indonesia Delegation, with a Teaching Degree from Institute Technology of Indonesia, Jakarta (Computer science) assigned since 2017 as Principal of SMK Don Bosco Sumba (Secondary Technical School).

What makes you happy as Salesian Brother?

First of all when I began my day with the community Eucharist. Source of strength to live my mission, my duty as principal and epseicall to teach 28 hours PC class. I'm happy when I animate and guide the SMK as principal and being the whole day with the young.

After lunch is the lunch for me to be with the community, sharing what happen with my Salesians. Doing my duty with simplicity, whole heart and with confidence.

How were you attracted to the Salesian Brother vocation?

Simplicity of Salesian Brother life. No strong difference between priest and brother among us Salesians. Consistency in my duty. In Indonesia we don’t have many role models. But when I was a postulant, I hear about the Timor Leste Brothers, about their life simplicity and fidelity to their education duties. I was touched by their stories. So I'm trying to do my best to follow these model.

Motivation and energy in Salesian Brother life?

• First strength is my personal encounter with Jesus Christ in daily prayer and Eucharist.
  • Family spirit in community.
  • Fraternal relationship among the confreres, who help me a lot to live my vocation.
  • When I’m with the young in the classroom or in the playground.

• How can we make more visible the figure of Salesian Brother in Indonesia?

I’m happy if there is a Salesian Brother in all of our formation houses. Presence of Salesian Brother in formation house does show this vocation, through their example many candidates will be attracted. I hope that some sectors in the Salesian mission can be entrusted to the Brothers like Vocation Training Center (BLK) or school teaching. Through their presence the face of the Salesian Brother vocation can be recognized.

EAO 2018 Congress expectations?

Through the EAO Congress we can bring something new and strengthen the Salesian Brother identity in the world and EAO. We can also strengthen it in our Indonesia Delegation.

I hope that through the EAO Salesian Brother Congress (And you all are Brothers) I can know many more Salesian Brothers from other provinces and countries. And last but not the least taht we can exchange some new format or curriculum for the Salesian Brother formation.

20180304_IDN1.jpg

20180304_IDN2.jpg

20180304_IDN3.jpg

20180304_IDN4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5650_Sumba expresses 'love and care' for our common home

By Fr. Viktor Koten, SDB Sumba Don Bosco, Indonesia, 17 July 2021 -- “If we approach nature and the environment without this openness to awe and wonder, if we no longer speak the language of fraternity and beauty in our relationship w...
      Date2021.07.17 CategoryINA Reply1 Views580 file
      Read More
    2. 5624(IV)_Jakarta Salesians Turn Trash to a Blessing

By Fr. Ambrosius Widiyantoro, SDB Wisma Salesian Don Bosco, Jakarta, 7 June 2021 -- Garbage is often a problem that never ends. Improper processing and public awareness play a big role in many places; the postnovitiate community of Wisma Sa...
      Date2021.06.07 CategoryINA Reply0 Views1151 file
      Read More
    3. 5624(I)_Inspiring young Catholic joins DB Indonesia's YouTube channel to witness to his faith

By Fr. Peter Tukan, SDB Jakarta, Indonesia, 7 June 2021 -- Indonesia is one the few countries in the world that have been producing the world best badminton athletes. Today, the country has Jonatan Christie, 23 years old Catholic, who occup...
      Date2021.06.07 CategoryINA Reply0 Views933 file
      Read More
    4. 5615(II)_Don Bosco Indonesia: Salesian Bulletin relaunched

By our own correspondent Jakarta, Indonesia, 21 May 2021 -- The Indonesian Salesian Bulletin (52 pages) was relaunched on the provincial website (https//sdb.or.id) on 19 May 2021 with a clear editorial drive, involving many Salesians and so...
      Date2021.05.22 CategoryINA Reply0 Views622 file
      Read More
    5. 5600(I)_Salesians Indonesia hoping to expand to new diocese

By Fr. Boedi, SDB Indonesia, 19 April 2021 -- On Friday morning, 16 April 2021, Fr. Boedi (Provincial Economer) and Fr. Paulus (Provincial Delegate for Youth Ministry) finished their five-day exploration in the Diocese of Ruteng. The area o...
      Date2021.04.19 CategoryINA Reply0 Views842 file
      Read More
    6. 5471(II)_Further exploratory visit to Ruteng diocese on Flores island

ALA_5471 By Br. Bernardinus Mei 'Mikoli' Ruteng, Flores Island, Indonesia, 21 September 2020 -- After the first exploratory visit last October 2019 to the three dioceses of Flores Island (Ruteng, Maumere and Ende), this time (13-17 Septemb...
      Date2020.09.21 CategoryINA Reply0 Views617 file
      Read More
    7. 5371(II)_When Indonesia's Salesians and Young People meet online

ALA_5371 Open sharing with the young on YouTube By Fr. Vincent Prastowo Wisma Don Bosco, Jakarta - Indonesia, 8 May 2020 -- On the official YouTube channel of the Indonesia Viceprovince (INA) of St Aloysius Versiglia, you can find two open ...
      Date2020.05.09 CategoryINA Reply0 Views714 file
      Read More
    8. 5235_Don Bosco Tech ASEAN 3rd Meeting of Country Representatives

ALA_5235 By Bro. Ephrem Santos, SDB Jakarta, Indonesia, 24 October 2019 -- Last week, (8-13 October 2019) Jakarta was the venue for the third meeting of Country representatives of the Don Bosco TVET Centers in ASEAN. Four days were spent sh...
      Date2019.10.25 CategoryINA Reply0 Views1469 file
      Read More
    9. 5224(I)_Vocation Promotion by FB

By Fr. Adie Prianto, SDB Sumba Community, Indonesia, 11 October 2019 -- The following dialogue took place on Facebook: What congregation are you? I’m an SDB member. (in Indonesia everybody knows SVD with 4 provinces, but very few know SDB) ...
      Date2019.10.11 CategoryINA Reply0 Views829 file
      Read More
    10. 5222(III)_Following the RM’s Road Map 2024

Exploratory visit to Flores Island By Fr Vaclav Klement, SDB Ruteng - Ende - Maumere, Flores Island, Indonesia, 8 October 2019 -- The motivation for the 4 day exploratory visit (4-8 October)on the roads of Flores Island (Eastern Indonesia) ...
      Date2019.10.08 CategoryINA Reply0 Views624 file
      Read More
    List
    Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 Next
    / 12