?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1420 Comment 0

20190820_FIS.jpg

By Fr. Vince Michael Sabal, SDB

Talisay City, Cebu, Philippines, 10 August 2019 -- The Asian Lay Leaders (ALL) Forum organized the Asian Youth Academy (AYA) and Asian Theology Forum (ATF) at CLUMP Center, Chom Thong, Chiang Mai, Thailand from August 1 to 10, 2019. There were around 60 participants from one European and twelve Asian countries.

The ALL Forum is a pan-Asian movement aimed at empowering lay Catholic leaders of Church-related NGOs and organizations. ALL is aimed at ‘social ministry’ which includes those working in development, including peace, justice and ecology. The AYA-ATF is a yearly event which gathers interested young lay leaders and social-pastoral workers. The program includes the following: presentation of Country Reports, Exposure-Immersion, Inputs, Theological reflection, group discussions, and Action Planning and Evaluation.

The Salesian Youth Movement-Philippines participated. Fr. Vince Michael Sabal, SDB (SYM-FIS Delegate) and Gary Christian Larce (SYM-FIN Senior Youth Leader) were representatives for the program.

Chiefs from nearby villages led an opening ritual on the first day of the program. The participants received a ‘unity’ bracelet symbolizing the theme of the program. Then aCatholic priest gave a blessing for the success of the whole activity. The next three days were spent in exposure and immersion with the villagers. On the fifth day, the participants of the forum came together to share their experiences. Workshops and inputs followed until the tenth day.

Current issues were seen through Asian perspective and context: on ‘Laudato Si’ and its application in the different fields, inter-religious dialogue, capacity-building for young leaders, establishing a ‘synodal church’ and the role of lay people especially women in the Church, from Basic Ecclesial Communities (BEC) to Basic Human Communities (BHC). A Cultural Show was held where participants shared their traditions, cultures, and food.

Bishop Francis Xavier Vira Arpondratana of Chiang Mai was the main celebrant at Holy Mass. Bishop Pablo David of Caloocan gave a talk on ‘Breaking the Culture of Silence in Asia.’ The conference concluded with the drafting of the Message of Asian Young Participants in 2019 ALL Forum for Clergy, Religious, and Lay People of Asia. Member organizations were asked to make an action plan as resolution after the AYA-ATF.

Other Salesian Youth from Nepal and Vietnam were present at the AYA-ATF. Through the conference, we saw the different realities in the Church and heard the diverse experiences of other young people in Asia. The encounter showed us that a bright future lies ahead of the Church.

20190820_FIS1.jpg

20190820_FIS2.jpg

20190820_FIS3.jpg

20190820_FIS4.jpg

20190820_FIS5.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5205(I)_The Economer General visits Indonesia

By Fr Peter Tukan, SDB Jakarta, Indonesia, 19 September 2019 -- During two days and one night of this month (17-19/09/2019), the Economer General of our Congregation, Brother Jean Paul Müller SDB was in the vice-Province of Indonesia (INA)....
    Date2019.09.20 CategoryINA Reply0 Views748 file
    Read More
  2. 5196_From Challenges to Opportunities

Qualification of Timor Leste Salesians By Bro. Amilcar Silva, SDB Guwahati, Assam, India, 7 September 2019 -- Today, 7 September 2019 marks a milestone in my life journey as I have successfully come to the finish line of a herculean task of...
    Date2019.09.10 CategoryINA Reply0 Views1083 file
    Read More
  3. 5186(I)_Two newly ordained priest for Indonesia Vice-Province

By Peter Tukan, SDB Jakarta, 15 August 2019 – This year, the INA Vice-Province enjoys having two newly ordained priests, namely Father Ignasius Hariato SDB and Father Marselinus Tanggu Daga SDB. They were ordained together with three other ...
    Date2019.08.30 CategoryINA Reply0 Views480 file
    Read More
  4. 5168(I)_Inter-religious dialogue of life in Jakarta, Wisma Don Bosco

Salesian open door at Eid-Al-Adha in Jakarta By Fr. Peter Tukan, SDB Sunter, Jakarta, Indonesia, 9 August 2019 -- Since its establishment and inauguration in 1992, the Salesian house "Wisma Salesian Don Bosco" in Sunter, North Jakarta, is o...
    Date2019.08.14 CategoryINA Reply0 Views942 file
    Read More
  5. 5160(I)_Speak, Lord, your servant is listening

INA First Professions By Fr Peter Tukan, SDB Tigaraksa, Indonesia, 1st August 2019 -- This title is taken from the first book of Samuel (1 Sam 3:10), that is meaningful to the six newly professed Salesians from the Vice-Province of Indonesi...
    Date2019.08.05 CategoryINA Reply0 Views896 file
    Read More
  6. 5113(IV)_Vocation motivations of young Salesians - Indonesia 2019

By Our Own Correspondent Wisma Don Bosco and Tigaraksa Don Bosco, Jakarta, Indonesia, 11 June 2019 -- What motivates young Salesians from the I-generation on their vocation journey? Young confreres from two Salesian formation houses in Jaka...
    Date2019.06.12 CategoryINA Reply0 Views729 file
    Read More
  7. 5106(II)_INA focus on Youth Ministry and Formation animation

First animation visit of Regional Councillor to INA Vice-province By Fr. Vincent Prastowo, SDB Wisma Don Bosco, Jakarta, Indonesia, 1 June 2019 -- Nine months after the birth of our new Vice-province of St Louis Versiglia, Indonesia (INA) l...
    Date2019.06.02 CategoryINA Reply0 Views872 file
    Read More
  8. 5103(I)_Salesians SDB and Salesian Cooperators born as twins!

By Fr. Noel Villafuerte, SDB Jakarta, Indonesia, 28 May 2019 -- While writing this reflection, the participants of the EAO Salesian Cooperators Formators Workshop here in Don Bosco Hotel School - Sihanoukville, Cambodia, are enjoying a team...
    Date2019.05.30 CategoryINA Reply0 Views1462 file
    Read More
  9. 5099(I)_First Group of ADMA members in Indonesia!

By Bro Ephrem Santos, SDB Don Bosco Weepangali,Sumba Island, Indonesia, 24 May 2019 -- Today, a historical moment in the spread of devotion to Mary Help of Christians in Indonesia. On the feast day of Mary Help of Christians, 26 female cand...
    Date2019.05.26 CategoryINA Reply0 Views954 file
    Read More
  10. 5092(I)_Oratory made in Indonesia

St John Bosco Parish Jakarta By Fr. Andre Delimarta, SDB Photos: by Ms. Ernie Djohan, ASC Parish of St John Bosco, Jakarta, Indonesia, 17 May 2019 -- The parish of St John Bosco in Jakarta, Indonesia, since the beginning was officially inau...
    Date2019.05.18 CategoryINA Reply0 Views1304 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next
/ 12