austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20190819_EAO.jpg

By Fr. Leo Mang

Anisakan, Myanmar, 18 August 2019 -- In a few days time the 2nd EAO Salesian Translators Workshop will be held in Mynamar. We are happy to welcome the participants from almost all of the East Asia - Oceania provinces, both SDBs and other members of the Salesian Family. The main goal of the 2nd EAO Workshop is to assist, support and form Salesian Translators in their not so easy but very important ministry with the necessary motivation, technique, and collaborative way of working. This time the wisdom will be contained in a draft of the future 'Salesian Translators Handbook'.

Some 33 Salesian translators are heading to Anisakan from 10 of the EAO provinces. During their preparation path they have shared their experience, expectations, needs and also the main achievements of the past 5 years. The previous (first) EAO Translators Workshop was held in Vietnam last October 2014.

This time the Workshop materials are already available online (Boscolink) in a single 'package' that contains the Salesian Glossary (450 Salesian terms), all available interview and survey of 2014 and 2019 as well the Working document. Also those who are not able to join the Workshop, can take advantage of the preparation process consisting of interviews, interactive survey and work on the Salesian Glossary (Italian - English - EAO languages).

Fr. Angel Fr. Artime, our Rector Major, send already his video message to the participants (YouTube)

My dear confreres, my dear sisters, dear lay people,

A warm and truly affectionate greeting to all of you while you are gathered for a special event: the meeting of the translators of the East Asia-Oceania region, in Myanmar.

I am really happy about initiatives like these. They are the fruit of a profound and rich vision. It is the result of the efforts of many people, confreres, sisters, who translate our messages, news which is good and true, the words and greetings of the Rector Major or others, for all our Salesian Family around the world.

Doing it in so many languages really means having a vision, because if the message arrives and is understandable, then it will have a great impact. I am happy that so many publications, including audio-visual productions, are now produced in forty-three languages. Congratulations for this.

We have more than a hundred mother tongues in the region, along with others in the Congregation. Continuing to grow with this sensitivity and investing time and energy as you do now in this meeting of translators in the region is a very significant things to do.

I wish to thank you and encourage you to continue on this path. Do not be discouraged, because I assure you that the work you do - so often silent, often anonymous, that seems unrecognised - is actually very important and highly appreciated.

Thank you for your great work, and let's advance in being good communicators of good news, news which are true, messages of life and salvation, of real education for the good of boys and girls, all young people and their families. Let's always try to draw everyone ever closer to the Lord Jesus and his gospel.

Affectionate greetings to all,

Fr Ángel Fernández Artime

The Salesian Translator’s Prayer

Dear Lord, thank you for entrusting me with a wonderful mission

as a translator in the Salesian Family.

Help me to understand what this article, this book is telling me –

show me the true meaning and how to express it in my own language,

so that it will help to build up the Church

and give growth to the Salesian charism.

Amen.

Video message of the Rector Major (2019)

EAO Translators Workshop materials for download (Boscolink)

20190819_EAO1.jpg

20190819_EAO2.jpg

20190819_EAO3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5205(I)_The Economer General visits Indonesia

By Fr Peter Tukan, SDB Jakarta, Indonesia, 19 September 2019 -- During two days and one night of this month (17-19/09/2019), the Economer General of our Congregation, Brother Jean Paul Müller SDB was in the vice-Province of Indonesia (INA)....
    Date2019.09.20 CategoryINA Reply0 Views748 file
    Read More
  2. 5196_From Challenges to Opportunities

Qualification of Timor Leste Salesians By Bro. Amilcar Silva, SDB Guwahati, Assam, India, 7 September 2019 -- Today, 7 September 2019 marks a milestone in my life journey as I have successfully come to the finish line of a herculean task of...
    Date2019.09.10 CategoryINA Reply0 Views1083 file
    Read More
  3. 5186(I)_Two newly ordained priest for Indonesia Vice-Province

By Peter Tukan, SDB Jakarta, 15 August 2019 – This year, the INA Vice-Province enjoys having two newly ordained priests, namely Father Ignasius Hariato SDB and Father Marselinus Tanggu Daga SDB. They were ordained together with three other ...
    Date2019.08.30 CategoryINA Reply0 Views480 file
    Read More
  4. 5168(I)_Inter-religious dialogue of life in Jakarta, Wisma Don Bosco

Salesian open door at Eid-Al-Adha in Jakarta By Fr. Peter Tukan, SDB Sunter, Jakarta, Indonesia, 9 August 2019 -- Since its establishment and inauguration in 1992, the Salesian house "Wisma Salesian Don Bosco" in Sunter, North Jakarta, is o...
    Date2019.08.14 CategoryINA Reply0 Views942 file
    Read More
  5. 5160(I)_Speak, Lord, your servant is listening

INA First Professions By Fr Peter Tukan, SDB Tigaraksa, Indonesia, 1st August 2019 -- This title is taken from the first book of Samuel (1 Sam 3:10), that is meaningful to the six newly professed Salesians from the Vice-Province of Indonesi...
    Date2019.08.05 CategoryINA Reply0 Views896 file
    Read More
  6. 5113(IV)_Vocation motivations of young Salesians - Indonesia 2019

By Our Own Correspondent Wisma Don Bosco and Tigaraksa Don Bosco, Jakarta, Indonesia, 11 June 2019 -- What motivates young Salesians from the I-generation on their vocation journey? Young confreres from two Salesian formation houses in Jaka...
    Date2019.06.12 CategoryINA Reply0 Views728 file
    Read More
  7. 5106(II)_INA focus on Youth Ministry and Formation animation

First animation visit of Regional Councillor to INA Vice-province By Fr. Vincent Prastowo, SDB Wisma Don Bosco, Jakarta, Indonesia, 1 June 2019 -- Nine months after the birth of our new Vice-province of St Louis Versiglia, Indonesia (INA) l...
    Date2019.06.02 CategoryINA Reply0 Views872 file
    Read More
  8. 5103(I)_Salesians SDB and Salesian Cooperators born as twins!

By Fr. Noel Villafuerte, SDB Jakarta, Indonesia, 28 May 2019 -- While writing this reflection, the participants of the EAO Salesian Cooperators Formators Workshop here in Don Bosco Hotel School - Sihanoukville, Cambodia, are enjoying a team...
    Date2019.05.30 CategoryINA Reply0 Views1461 file
    Read More
  9. 5099(I)_First Group of ADMA members in Indonesia!

By Bro Ephrem Santos, SDB Don Bosco Weepangali,Sumba Island, Indonesia, 24 May 2019 -- Today, a historical moment in the spread of devotion to Mary Help of Christians in Indonesia. On the feast day of Mary Help of Christians, 26 female cand...
    Date2019.05.26 CategoryINA Reply0 Views954 file
    Read More
  10. 5092(I)_Oratory made in Indonesia

St John Bosco Parish Jakarta By Fr. Andre Delimarta, SDB Photos: by Ms. Ernie Djohan, ASC Parish of St John Bosco, Jakarta, Indonesia, 17 May 2019 -- The parish of St John Bosco in Jakarta, Indonesia, since the beginning was officially inau...
    Date2019.05.18 CategoryINA Reply0 Views1304 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next
/ 12