austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20190623_WOR.jpg

By Fr Carlos Cheung, SDB

Rome, Italy, 22 June 2019 -- Rome, Sacred Heart Basilica was witness to another traditional Salesian diaconate ordination (June 22) for members of the Blessed Ceferino Namuncurá formation house in Rome (UPS Viceprovince, Superior Fr Eugenio Riva, Rector Fr. Adam Homoncik). The ordination Mass celebrated by Salesian Bishop Enrico Dal Covolo (former Rector of Lateran University) was a wonderful expression of Catholic unity in diversity - 10 deacons from 9 different countries and 4 continents.

The ordaining bishop in his homily highlighted the wonderful environment: "This ordination is celebrated under the eyes of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, in the family spirit of many Salesians, Salesian family members, young people (parishes of the deacon's apostolate) and even some family members.' Bishop Dal Covolo also encouraged the new deacons to make Service their Life-Long Project, to become a slave or servant of Love. In this way they would take their identity as Deacon seriously, and that also means martyrdom. Each vocation or call is a Gift and Mystery."

Among the ten newly ordained deacons is Cl. PUN Mingh Chi Anthony of China province, who enjoyed not only the assistance of Archbishop Savio Hon Tai Fai (currently Apostolic Nuncio in Greece) and his provincial Fr. Joseph Ng, but also the presence of his parents and his sister. After the ordination, deacon Pun shared:

“I am happy that, through the imposition of the hands of Bishop Enrico dal Covolo and Archbishop Savio Hon and the prayer of ordination, I have received the grace and the ministry of the diaconate. It is a gift that God has given generously to me, and not to me, but to the Salesian Congregation and to the Church. And, it is a gift that I must share with others, especially the youth, through proclamation of the Word of God and in concrete services. I humbly ask for more prayers, that through the ministry of diaconate, I may serve him with joy and testify his loving presence among his people."

After the diaconate ordinations in Turin (Crocetta community) and in Jerusalem (Ratisbonne community), this is the last of the international formation houses in Europe. The deacons come from the following countries: Francisco August Samuel (Angola), Jesushasan Sebagnanam (Sri Lanka), Kassifa Comlan Adolphe (Benin), Mateo Paulino Hairol Javier (Dominican Republic), Mbogo Victor David Munyi (Kenya), Obundana Joseph Kunle (Nigerian missionary in Bangladesh), Pun Ming Chi Anthony (Hong Kong - China), Sanchez Silverio Antonio (Dominican Republic) and Spiacciariello Giuseppe (Italy).

20190623_WOR1.jpg

20190623_WOR2.jpg

20190623_WOR3.jpg

20190623_WOR4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5392(I)_What difference do missionary volunteers make?

ALA_5392 By Fr Arun Michael Charles, Missionary animation delegate for Cambodia Don Bosco Technical School, Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 31 May 2020 -- Don Bosco Phnom Penh community has received many volunteers from a variety of countries and co...
    Date2020.06.01 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views900 file
    Read More
  2. 5375(I)_What does it mean to live and work with lay missionary volunteers?

ALA_5375 By Fr. John Bog Nam Jeon Poipet, Cambodia, 14 May 2020 -- Interview with Fr John Bok Nam, Salesian in charge of the Poipet community How was your experience of hosting volunteers in your community? Over the past 3 years living i...
    Date2020.05.14 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views1075 file
    Read More
  3. 5349_Life-Sharing: An attractive way of Salesian communicating

ALA_5349 Short video clips 'Life-Sharing' by young Khmer Salesian By our own correspondent Cambodia Delegation, 2 April 2020 -- "Follow me! - Like! - Share!" - You may receive many of these invitations on the social media networks. We are p...
    Date2020.04.02 CategoryCamb. Reply1 Views731 file
    Read More
  4. 5337(I)_Cambodia - Self-sustainability project in Sihanoukville

ALA_5337 By Don Bosco Sihanoukville Community Cambodia delegation THA province Sihanoukville, Cambodia, 14 march 2020 -- Our community give thanks to Heaven for the self-sustainability project of the shops being built in front of our Don Bo...
    Date2020.03.13 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views899 file
    Read More
  5. 5195(I)_Don Bosco Sikanoukville Flood Disaster

USD 1 Million's worth By Natanya de Silva (‘The Cagliero Project’ volunteer) Sihanoukville, Cambodia, 8 September 2019 -- On the night of Thursday 8th August, 2019, around 10.30 pm, the city of Sihanoukville, Cambodia, and subsequently, the...
    Date2019.09.09 CategoryCamb. Reply1 Views942 file
    Read More
  6. 5164(II)_Don Bosco Kep among the 136 Salesian institutions of DB Green Alliance

By Fr. Albeiro Rodas, SDB Kep, Cambodia, 10 August 2019 -- In less than two years after the foundation of 'Don Bosco Greeen Alliance' through the initiative of the India-Mumbai-based Salesians, this Salesian ecological movement is spreading...
    Date2019.08.10 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views1487 file
    Read More
  7. 5164(I)_Floods affect Don Bosco Sihanoukville

By Fr. Albeiro Rodas, SDB Sihanoukville, Cambodia, 9 August 2019 -- The heavy rains and strong winds coming from the tropical storm Lekina - called in Philippines as Hanna; and the impact of the southwest monsoon, hit the coastal provinces ...
    Date2019.08.10 CategoryCamb. Reply2 Views2228 file
    Read More
  8. 5158_Cambodia Delegation Assembly in Poipet

By Our Own Correspondent Poipet, Cambodia, 2 August 2019 -- One night in Poipet Don Bosco compound (Academic Primary and Secondary School, Private secondary technical school) with 530 students was the venue for the special Assembly of the C...
    Date2019.08.03 CategoryCamb. Reply1 Views1824 file
    Read More
  9. 5133(II)_Blessings for the Cambodia Delegation

Priestly ordination and perpetual profession show growth of the Cambodia Delegation By Fr. Roel Soto, SDB Delegate Superior for Cambodia Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 7 July 2019 -- The St Paul Province of Thailand, especially its Delegation, Cambo...
    Date2019.07.09 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views1356 file
    Read More
  10. 5131_"If you want me to become a Salesian, I will desire to be a Salesian missionary later."

ALA_5131 Fr Joseph NGUYEN NHAT KHOA, New Salesian Priest By THA SC Phnom Pehn, Cambodia -- On 6 July 2019, amidst an atmosphere of joy and happiness of the Church of Cambodia and the Salesian Family, Fr Joseph Nguyen Nhat Khoa, SDB and Fr P...
    Date2019.07.07 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views4936 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
/ 9