Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 658 Comment 0

20210520_WOR-(1).jpg

By Fr. Beatus Volkmar Tola
Indonesian missionary in Brazil

World, 20 May 2021 -- The recently ordained young Salesian missionary priest from Indonesia (Flores island) Fr Beatus Volkmar Tola, was assigned after ordination as assistant parish priest in the missionary community of Sao Marcos (Campo Grande province, BCG - Brazil). This missionary community of 7 Salesians is entrusted with the frontier mission for the two tribes of Bororos and Xavante in large territory of Mato Grosso region.

Fr Marcos (parish priest) shares: "As Salesians in an inland parish who live with the Indian tribe Xavante, we do not practice the traditional Church custom of accepting offerings during the Mass. On the other hand, we try to ask for help from people from the cities who are kind enough to give donations in the form of blankets, sandals, clothes, food, hoes, sickles, machetes, candies, and so on during big celebrations such as Easter, Children's Day, Christmas, etc.

​​​​​​​       This time, as a parish priest, I ask for your kindness, generosity, and love to be involved in our efforts to bring in and buy 3,000 rosaries. These rosaries will be shared with all of the parishioners who belong to the Indian tribe of Xavante. These people have a great and deep devotion to Our Lady, because they have had wonderful experience with the Blessed Virgin Mary in the past. Every time I visit my parishioners, they always ask me for the rosary.

​​​​​​​       Salesian priests and Salesian brothers who are assigned and serve at this parish, minister to people in 55 villages with the total of 5,000 faithful. If you take part in this campaign, we will be very grateful and blessed because your help is a blessing to us and to these people. As a parish priest, I can only rely on you wonderful and generous people to make this campaign a reality. I believe that Our Lady is with us to achieve this mission. From the heart of the Xavante Indian tribe, my Salesian community I would like to express my deep gratitude and believe that God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit will bless all of you."

​​​​​​​       Fr Beatus adds: "Our intention is that if anybody can donate the rosary, it doesn't matter how long it will take to arrive here because the people here, especially in villages very far from their parish church, very often pray the Rosary together, since the priest can't come very often to celebrate the Sunday Eucharist. We hope that maybe some friends could help us with this small project. You may contact Fr. Beatus: beatus.volkmar@missaosalesiana.com.br) for further details. Thank you so much!"

​​​​​​​       Wishing you a blessed feast of Mary Help of Christians!

​​​​​​​       Related news articles:

20210520_WOR-(2).jpg

20210520_WOR-(3).jpg

20210520_WOR-(4).jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5614(II)_Indonesian missionary in Brazil: Rosary Campaign

By Fr. Beatus Volkmar Tola Indonesian missionary in Brazil World, 20 May 2021 -- The recently ordained young Salesian missionary priest from Indonesia (Flores island) Fr Beatus Volkmar Tola, was assigned after ordination as assistant parish...
    Date2021.05.20 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views658 file
    Read More
  2. 5613(VI)_Don't lose hope... keep the faith!

Pope Francis to Myanmar Catholics By our own correspondent Vatican, 19 May 2021 -- On 16 May 2021 Pope Francis decide to celebrate the Sunday Eucharist in the Vatican Basilica of St. Peter with the Burmese community in Rome for the sufferin...
    Date2021.05.19 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1209 file
    Read More
  3. 5612(V)_Come and See: Sharing first-hand stories

By our own correspondent World, 16 May 2021 -- The Sunday before Pentecost is the day the Church celebrates World Communication Day. What follows is a brief summary of Pope Francis' message for the 55th WCD. For the full text go to the ...
    Date2021.05.17 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views619 file
    Read More
  4. 5612(I)_Novena of Mary Help of Christians 2021

With Don Bosco, praying to Mary until May 24 By our own correspondent World, 14 May 2021 -- During times of crisis, usually many faithful are more open to bringing their challenges to God, especially through the intercession of Mary, Mother...
    Date2021.05.17 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views532 file
    Read More
  5. 5608(II)_Sharing the joy of missionary life in Tonj, South Sudan

By Fr Joseph Chisomo Tonj, South Sudan, 9 May 2021 -- I am Fr Chisomo Joseph James Nakholi SDB. It is a privilege to write this and reach out to other Salesians and young people in the world. I am working in South Sudan as a Missionary from...
    Date2021.05.09 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views632 file
    Read More
  6. 5602(II)_Passing of First Asian member of the General Council, Fr Thomas Panakezham

By our own correspondent World, 25 April 2021 -- "In two days two great Salesians (Fr Jose Carbonell and Fr Thomas Panakezham) have left us to enter into the glory of God. They have contributed immensely to the Salesian mission, of Asia and...
    Date2021.04.25 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views944 file
    Read More
  7. 5601(I)_Salesians in EAO mourn Fr Jose Carbonell Llopis, RIP

By our own correspondent World, 23 April 2021 -- In the early morning hours in El Campello - Spain, a great Salesian missionary, Fr. Jose Carbonnel Llopis (1927-2021) passed away on 22 April 2021, after 74 years of Salesian consecrated life...
    Date2021.04.23 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1414 file
    Read More
  8. 5600(III)_From Melanesia to the Holy Land: Our Ratisbonne Experience

By Br. Bernard Kaiau and Br Sylvester Kuli Jerusalem, Israel, 19 April 2021 -- Brs. Bernard Kaiau and Sylvester Kuli are the first Melanesian Salesians to study in Ratisbonne. Here they share their reflections on their formative experience:...
    Date2021.04.19 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1056 file
    Read More
  9. 5599(II)_Way of Light - good idea for our Easter journey

By our own correspondent World, 16 April 2021 -- The Way of the Cross has already spread around the Catholic Church throughout the world for centuries and become 'a must' even for any small out-station, mission station in the bush. ...
    Date2021.04.17 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views698 file
    Read More
  10. 5596(I)_Global prayer solidarity of SYM with Myanmar people

World (ZMB Vice-province), 11 April 2021 -- Following the invitation of the SDB General Councillor for Youth Ministry, Fr Miguel Angel Garcia, the ZMB Vice-province Salesian Youth around the 4 countries of the Vice-province in Zambia, Zimba...
    Date2021.04.12 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1145 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 57 Next
/ 57