Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
ALA_5439

20200807_VIE.jpg

Volunteers encounter Jesus in the faces of mountain children

By John Nguyen, Coordinator Heart in Hand

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 6 August 2020 -- This year, too, in spite of the pandemic the Heart in Hand young adult volunteers are reaching out to the lonely mountain villages. After due formation, preparation and commissioning Mass at the end of July they were sent on their new way with new strength and energy to serve as volunteers for few weeks.

Heart in Hand would like to thank all benefactors, friends, relatives,... for always being with them and support the volunteer group. And in this year of the pandemic, they ask especially for the health of all concerned.

On the social platform the Heart in Hand Volunteers share their mutual enrichment in service to the mountain ethnic young people and children from the isolated mountain villages:

"I am a fellow Hmong, born and raised in the village on a high mountain. My life is attached to stones, grass and insects. My game is ′′ blanket ′′ insects, scratches of modeling soil, planting trees, playing with stones or jumping on terraced fields,...

We and you have traveled dozens of kilometers from town to your place for this summer experience. And to go up to my house, we are lucky to be driven up by you guys on the mountain ramp around about 80 cm, there is a 30 degree spin, there is a slope of 50 degrees, there's a place to go walking because it's slippery. Some of us have been ′′ blue ′′ from the first time we started.

On the first day of this summer camp, we brought some ink pencils sent by our benefactors and some A4 paper for the children to paint. Thinking that you have pencils and colors available. But in reality... though the picture I painted from the ink pen, the shapes I made from the delicate, sharp clay. We are so surprised that these masterpieces are made by your little hands.

I am polite and obedient. You come to our summer class with only sincere heart, eager spirit. I don't have books, nor pen, coloring. It's all about being ′′far from wholesale′′ to me. I said: 'When I finish school, teachers keep it so that the next class kids have stuff to study'. I really like to read books, although my mother's language is not Vietnamese, we need to talk very slowly and clearly every word that they may understand.

You learn to sing so fast and you sing so beautifully, we've been practicing with you a short song that expresses your love to God. And I've been clamming that song all day.

Although we are only 5-12 years old, we already know how to embroid some motifs on canvas or how to make bracelets, bags, or patterns on our traditional costumes. Especially the noses that I embroidered are all according to my imagination and experience without drawing or embroidery frame.

Although we have just been with you just more than one week but we feel that you love us. My family has a lemon tree, I picked some fruits for you; my family grows squash, my mom also asked me to bring it to you; my mom came to play with the sisters, my mom said that I have nothing but sticky rice, so I asked her to come back - I took a bag of sticky rice to bring it to you. There was a delicious strawberry I picked from the forest, I also brought it to you; I made bracelets, I gave you some straps to blend with you..."

And we are glad that this year our Volunteers were featured in the digital YMAGAZINE (Issue: July 2020)

Facebook page of Heart in Hand

Related news articles:

20200807_VIE1.jpg

20200807_VIE2.jpg

20200807_VIE3.jpg

20200807_VIE4.jpg

20200807_VIE5.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5757(I)_Don Bosco My Thuan Community: Sports and Arts Festival

By Augustine DoPhuc SDB My Thuan, Vinh Long, Vietnam, 5 January 2022 -- On the morning of January 1, 2021, My Thuan Community (Vinh Long – Viet Nam) held a Sports and Arts Day to welcome the new year with the theme "Spring of Love" fo...
    Date2022.01.07 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views525 file
    Read More
  2. 5754(I)_Christmas at Don Bosco My Thuan Community

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB VinhLong, Vietnam, 31 December 2021 -- Although the epidemic situation is still affecting people’s lives, the Christmas atmosphere is still very clearly expressed at Don Bosco My Thuan Community (VinhLong &nda...
    Date2021.12.31 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1238 file
    Read More
  3. 5753(II)_Christmas Presents Distribution - A Meaningful Activity

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Don Bosco Tacvan Parish, Vietnam, 27 December 2021 -- At 7:30 AM on Tuesday, 21 December 2021, Don Bosco Tac Van Community (CanTho Diocese - VietNam) organized a Christmas gift distribution activity. Poor families, ...
    Date2021.12.28 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views612 file
    Read More
  4. 5752_Dalat Community Cooperators Resume Their Activities

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Da Lat City, Vietnam, 24 December 2021 -- After seven months of suspending meetings because of the Covid-19 pandemic, on the afternoon of 16 December the Mary Help Of Christians Cooperator Center had a meeting and a...
    Date2021.12.24 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views540 file
    Read More
  5. 5751(III)_Golden Straws for the Child Jesus

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 22 December 2021 -- In order to raise the spirit of solidarity, love and create meaningful activities during the Christmas season for Children, the Catechism department of Don Bosco Tam Hai Parish (Thu Duc – ...
    Date2021.12.23 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views2077 file
    Read More
  6. 5743(II)_Mass for Blessed Philip Rinaldi – Giving Cassocks and Ministries of Lector and Acolyte

Don Bosco Xuan Hiep, The VIE Theologate Community By Augustine DoPhuc,SDB Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 6 December 2021 -- At 5:30 am on 04 December 2021, at Philip Rinaldi Xuan Hiep Community (Thu Duc, Ho Chi Minh City), a Mass took place to ...
    Date2021.12.06 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views660 file
    Read More
  7. 5737(III)_Don Bosco Portrait Drawn With The Name Of Don Bosco

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Tan Tien, BaoLoc, VietNam, 21 November 2021 -- Every year, following the tradition of respecting teachers, Tan Tien Vocational College often organizes emulation activities in preparation for Vietnam Teachers' Da...
    Date2021.11.26 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1491 file
    Read More
  8. 5736(I)_The Provincial Community Celebrates Its Patron Saints

The Holy Martyrs of Vietnam By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Provincial House, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 24 November 2021 -- At 10:30 a.m on 24 November 2021, in the chapel of the Provincial Community, a Mass took place to celebrate the Vietnamese...
    Date2021.11.25 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views608 file
    Read More
  9. 5732(II)_VIE: Mass for New Missionaries of the 152nd Missionary Expedition

By Br. Hong Phuoc, SDB Provincial House, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 21 November 2021 -- Among 23 new missionaries of the 152nd missionary expedition there are seven from the Vietnam Province. At 10:30 on Monday, 15 November 2021, in the Cha...
    Date2021.11.21 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views752 file
    Read More
  10. 5730(II)_Don Bosco Tam Hai Parish: Bottles Of Love

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Tam Hai Parish, Thu Duc, HCM City, Vietnam, 19 November 2021 -- On 14 November 2021, the Feast of Vietnamese Martyrs, patron saints of Don Bosco Tam Hai parish (Thu Duc, HCM city), the parish priest, together with t...
    Date2021.11.19 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views2039 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 38 Next
/ 38