PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 628 Comment 0
ALA_5255

20191119_WOR.jpg

In preparation for Papal Visit later this month

By THA SC

Bangkok, Thailand, 19 November 2019 -- Who is the Pope for the Thai Youth?

On the 20-23 November 2019, His Holiness Pope Francis will visit Thailand, a country where 94.6% are Buddhists [the total population of the country is 69 million]. Following this are the Muslims with 4%. The Catholics are only 0.5% [380,000] of the population. Let us now listen to the views of the Thai youth on "Who is the Pope for the Thai Youth?" and "How do you feel that the Pope visits Thailand?"

Ms. Monthakan Meunraya - 15 years old

Even though I am a Muslim, still i feel proud that Thailand will welcome the Pope, because he is the head of 1,300 million Catholics; he is a very important leader in the world. I appreciate that he gives good teachings, and has a role in changing society for the better. The Pope is so kind. For me, "the Pope is a leader of peace, compassionate, upholds religion."

Mr. Ananchai Pimprapod - 18 years old

I am visually impaired, a Buddhist and a trainee at the Skills Development Center for the Blind run by the Salesians. When i learned of the news that the Pope will visit Thailand, i feel very happy. For me, the Pope is the head of the Catholics who is compassionate who should receive praise because he helps mankind.

Ms. Irada Changthong - 18 years old

As a Catholic, the Pope is like a father who looks after the Church. For me, I define him as one who makes the heart smile. I am really impressed by his simplicity and peacefulness. On the occasion of his visit to Thailand, I have the occasion to welcome him and be part of the choir to sing during the ceremonies. I am happy and very much excited that i cannot express myself in words. If I have the chance to talk with Him, I will say to Him - "Your Holiness, you are a very special gift of God".

Ms. Yarinda Nuanlawat - 16 years old

As a Muslim, I think the Pope is the highest leader and the anchor of faith of the Catholics. I am impressed by His activities in religious relationship, in merit works and defense of human rights. I have three words to define the Pope: "simple, kind and funny". And on this occasion of His visit to Thailand, I am happy for the Thai Catholics. I am sure that the Catholics are happy. All the Thais should welcome the Pope.

Ms. Kotchamon Thammachot - 17 years old

As a Buddhist, for me, the Pope is the leader of the Catholic religion who is the representative of Jesus Christ. What I am impressed about the Pope is that He "washed and kissed the feet" of the 12 persons with aids. This shows that He does not divide and dislike people, making the sick feel that He is with them. I would like to define the Pope as "just, compassionate and kind". I am sure the Thais of all religions, especially the Catholics are very lucky because of His visit. I am also happy and honored that me and my friends in the Salesian Marching Band are part in playing the music to welcome the Pope.

On this occasion of the Pope's apostolic visit to Thailand, all the Thais, both Catholics and non-catholics, feel honored to welcome His Holiness. Let us pray that His visit to Thailand will proceed smoothly.

20191119_WOR0.jpg

20191119_WOR1.jpg

20191119_WOR2.jpg

20191119_WOR3.jpg

20191119_WOR4.jpg

20191119_WOR5.jpg

20191119_WOR11.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )