?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 448 Comment 0

THA2s.jpg

By THA SC

Bangkok, Thailand, 8 December 2022 -- On 5 December 2022, Bishop Joseph Prathan Sridarunsil, SDB, was the main celebrant in the celebration of the Holy Eucharist on the occasion of 50 years of priestly life of Fr. Francis Cais and 25 years of Fr. Camillus Chinnawat Suvadinkul at St. John Bosco Church - Bangkok in the midst of the Salesian confreres, members of the Salesian Family, diocesan priests, religious groups and faithful, closely numbering 700 people in all.

Father Francis Cais

Fr. Francis Cais is an Italian missionary who came to Thailand on 24 October 1960. At that time he was only 18 years old. He entered the novitiate and made his first religious profession in Huahin. This was followed by studies in philosophy in Huahin and also in Hong Kong. He studied theology for one year at the Salesian University in Rome. His theological studies continued for three years in Turin. On 25 March 1972, he was ordained priest together with 30 others at the Basilica of Mary Help of Christians by H.E. Cardinal Michele Pellegrino, the Archbishop of Turin.

Most of the assignments that he received since the beginning until the present is being a professor. He taught dogmatic theology and scriptures to the seminarians and religious in the formation houses, including at the national seminary of Saeng Tham College and at the Salesian Formation House itself.

Aside from these, he was also appointed to the secretariat of the Theological Commission of the Catholic Bishops Conference of Thailand [1987]; he was also a member of the Theological Commission of the Federation of Asian Bishops Conferences [1989]. Another important function that he had contributed to the church of Thailand was being one of the translators and an editorial member of the complete Catholic Thai version of the Bible which took 23 years of hard work together with other experts. This Bible was finally published in 2014 and is widely used at present.

As a professor, Fr. Cais made every effort to pass his knowledge to others because to him every knowledge comes from God and has to be shared with others. When asked about how happy he is in being a Salesian priest, he answered candidly "when I was ordained a priest, I chose as my motto the words of Jesus that said "just as the Father has sent me, so I will send you" [Jn 20,21]...this is the source of my happiness as a Salesian priest."

Fr. Camillus Chinawat Suvadinkul

"Being a faithful member of St. Joseph Church - Banpong, and having studied at Sarasit Phithayalai School which was under the Salesians, this allowed me to know St. John Bosco and subconsciously absorbed the Salesian spirit. The presence of the olderaspirants at the Salesian seminary lit in me the desire to enter the seminary. So at the end of my elementary years at Sarasit School - Banpong, I applied to enter the Salesian seminary which at that time was in St. Dominic School - Bangkok. I underwent the initial formation and was ordained priest on 14 June 1997 at my home parish."

Fr. Chinawat was the first Salesian Thai missionary to Cambodia [1998-2005]. "Being a missionary to Cambodia is one I am proud of. The first 7 years of my priestly life lived in Cambodia made me realize that being a Salesian is to be all for the young; whatever I had not known, I slowly knew; whatever I had not done, I slowly had to do. These experiences made me understand the phrase 'Salesian for the young'...whether happy or sad, whether full or hungry, all these will happen, whatever can happen - all for the young. These made my Salesian life meaningful. For me, the seven years in Cambodia were very valuable. "

Aside from this, Fr. Chinawat received the responsibility to be the chaplain of the Scouts in the Asia-Pacific Region and of the Association of Rattanakosin Scouts - Thailand.

We thank God for the blessing of the Salesian vocation and the missionary vocation of these confreres. Let us pray to God to inspire the youth to bravely respond to God's call so that they can help the souls of the poor and abandoned youth.

THA01.jpg

THA3s.jpg

THA4s.jpg

THA5s.jpg

THA6s.jpg

THA7s.jpg

THA8s.jpg

THA9s.jpg

THA10s.jpg

THA11s.jpg

THA12s.jpg

THA13s.jpg

THA14s.jpg

THA15s.jpg

THA16s.jpg

THA17s.jpg

THA18s.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5904(IV)_The Golden and Silver Jubilee of Priesthood

By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 8 December 2022 -- On 5 December 2022, Bishop Joseph Prathan Sridarunsil, SDB, was the main celebrant in the celebration of the Holy Eucharist on the occasion of 50 years of priestly life of Fr. Francis Cais and...
    Date2022.12.09 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views448 file
    Read More
  2. 5893(II)_SYM Thailand Camp 2022: ‘You have to give the best to Jesus’

By Thailand SYM Team Banpong, Bangkok, Thailamd, 14 November 2022 -- On November 8 and 11, 2022, Thai Province's Youth Ministry organized a youth gathering event called "SYM Day Camp." This event occurred at St. Dominic School Bangkok o...
    Date2022.11.15 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1232 file
    Read More
  3. 5885(I)_SIHM (Sisters Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary) in their 85th year

By Sr Aritsara Siripa, SIHM Thailand, 25 October 2022 -- "By virtue of his or her particular vocation, the individual person belonging to the distinct Groups is an envoy, therefore called to carry out the common mission according to the rol...
    Date2022.10.25 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views580 file
    Read More
  4. 5880(II)_THA: Thanksgiving Mass for St. Artemides Zatti

By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 13 October 2022 -- On 11 October 2022, the Salesian Society of Thailand organized the feast of the canonization of St. Bro. Artemide Zatti together with 350 members of the Salesian Family at the Chapel of St. Jo...
    Date2022.10.17 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1337 file
    Read More
  5. 5880(I)_Thailand: Helping the Flood Victims

By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 13 October 2022 -- Since the beginning of September till the middle of October 2022, Thailand has experienced flood crisis in many areas, both in the provinces and in Bangkok and in the surrounding areas. This w...
    Date2022.10.17 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views714 file
    Read More
  6. 5867(III)_Annual Seminar on the Spirituality of Saint Francis de Sales

By THA SC Hua Hin, Thailand, 14 September 2022 -- The Salesian Province of Thailand (THA) held a seminar with the theme “the Spirituality of Saint Francis de Sales” in two batches, the first batch from September 5 to 7, 2022, an...
    Date2022.09.15 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views686 file
    Read More
  7. 5865(II)_The 60th Anniversary of Saint Dominic School in Bangkok

By Fr. Francis Ronnachai, SDB Bangkok, Thailand, 11 September 2022 -- On Friday September 9, 2022 His Eminence Cardinal Francis Xavier Kriengsak Kovithavanij, Archbishop of Bangkok, presided at the Mass celebrating the 60th year of Saint Do...
    Date2022.09.12 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1153 file
    Read More
  8. 5852(IV)_Thailand – Priestly ordination of Salesian Paul Warayut Charoenphoom

“He emptied himself” (Philippians 2:7) By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 15 August 2022 -- On Saturday, 13 August 2022 at "St. John Bosco" Church in Bangkok, the bishop of the Diocese of Surat Thani, Bishop Joseph Prathan Sridarunsil...
    Date2022.08.16 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views671 file
    Read More
  9. 5844(III)_Catechetical Seminar In The Thai Salesian Family

"Teaching Catechism Amidst Morality Crisis That Challenges the Faith of Thai Youth" By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 2 August 2022 -- On 29 July 2022, the Commission on Catechetics of the Salesian Family under the leadership of Fr. Andrew Ekasi...
    Date2022.08.02 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views926 file
    Read More
  10. 5843(IV)_Seminar for New Teachers in Salesian Schools

By Fr.Smith Daengampan Hua Hin, Thailand, 31 July 2022 -- On 28-30 July 2022, the Commission on Salesian Schools in Thailand, under the chairmanship of Fr Smith Daengampan, together with the heads of the various Salesian schools, organized ...
    Date2022.07.31 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views611 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 31 Next
/ 31