austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20190623_WOR.jpg

By Fr Carlos Cheung, SDB

Rome, Italy, 22 June 2019 -- Rome, Sacred Heart Basilica was witness to another traditional Salesian diaconate ordination (June 22) for members of the Blessed Ceferino Namuncurá formation house in Rome (UPS Viceprovince, Superior Fr Eugenio Riva, Rector Fr. Adam Homoncik). The ordination Mass celebrated by Salesian Bishop Enrico Dal Covolo (former Rector of Lateran University) was a wonderful expression of Catholic unity in diversity - 10 deacons from 9 different countries and 4 continents.

The ordaining bishop in his homily highlighted the wonderful environment: "This ordination is celebrated under the eyes of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, in the family spirit of many Salesians, Salesian family members, young people (parishes of the deacon's apostolate) and even some family members.' Bishop Dal Covolo also encouraged the new deacons to make Service their Life-Long Project, to become a slave or servant of Love. In this way they would take their identity as Deacon seriously, and that also means martyrdom. Each vocation or call is a Gift and Mystery."

Among the ten newly ordained deacons is Cl. PUN Mingh Chi Anthony of China province, who enjoyed not only the assistance of Archbishop Savio Hon Tai Fai (currently Apostolic Nuncio in Greece) and his provincial Fr. Joseph Ng, but also the presence of his parents and his sister. After the ordination, deacon Pun shared:

“I am happy that, through the imposition of the hands of Bishop Enrico dal Covolo and Archbishop Savio Hon and the prayer of ordination, I have received the grace and the ministry of the diaconate. It is a gift that God has given generously to me, and not to me, but to the Salesian Congregation and to the Church. And, it is a gift that I must share with others, especially the youth, through proclamation of the Word of God and in concrete services. I humbly ask for more prayers, that through the ministry of diaconate, I may serve him with joy and testify his loving presence among his people."

After the diaconate ordinations in Turin (Crocetta community) and in Jerusalem (Ratisbonne community), this is the last of the international formation houses in Europe. The deacons come from the following countries: Francisco August Samuel (Angola), Jesushasan Sebagnanam (Sri Lanka), Kassifa Comlan Adolphe (Benin), Mateo Paulino Hairol Javier (Dominican Republic), Mbogo Victor David Munyi (Kenya), Obundana Joseph Kunle (Nigerian missionary in Bangladesh), Pun Ming Chi Anthony (Hong Kong - China), Sanchez Silverio Antonio (Dominican Republic) and Spiacciariello Giuseppe (Italy).

20190623_WOR1.jpg

20190623_WOR2.jpg

20190623_WOR3.jpg

20190623_WOR4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5124(II)_Thailand: Seminar for New Teachers in Salesian Schools

By THA SC Hua Hin, Thailand, 23 June 2019 -- On 21-23 June 2019, the Commission on Salesian Schools in Thailand, under the chairmanship of Fr Smith Daengampan, together with the heads of the various Salesian schools, organized the seminar f...
    Date2019.06.24 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views936 file
    Read More
  2. 5121(I)_Salesian Scouts Join Jamboree with Thai Southern Region Scouts

By THA SC Hatyai, Thailand 19 June 2019 -- From the 16 - 20 June 2019, the scouts and teachers, numbering 38 in all, representing Saeng Thong Vitthaya School and Thidanukhro School in Hatyai, Songkhla Province, joined the Scouts Jamboree of...
    Date2019.06.20 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1318 file
    Read More
  3. 5119_EAO Salesianity Workshop 2019 experience by THA province Salesians

By Our Own Correspondent Bangkok, Thailand, 17 June 2019 -- Among the 3rd EAO Salesianity Seminar - Workshop in Batulao (FIN) last May 2019 the most numerous group present was from THA Province (Thailand-Cambodia-Laos), with the majority be...
    Date2019.06.18 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1487 file
    Read More
  4. 5114(III)_Bike with the blind

By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 12 June 2019 -- The Foundation for the Blind in Thailand, under the patronage of Her Majesty the Queen, on the occasion of its 80th anniversary of foundation, organized the "Bike With the Blind" event under the ...
    Date2019.06.13 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1517 file
    Read More
  5. 5108(II)_Thai Diocesan Priest, Salesian Cooperator and Missionary in Cambodia

Interview with Salesian Cooperator, Fr. Kai, Thai Diocesan Clergy By Our Own Correspondent Poi Pet, Cambodia, 4 June 2019 -- Fr. Kai (61 years) is now a member, local economer of the SDB community in Poi Pet (Cambodia) living together with ...
    Date2019.06.05 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1876 file
    Read More
  6. 5093(I)_Salesians Joined In the Inauguration of the 350th Anniversary of the Apostolic Vicariate of Siam Mission

By THA SC Sampran, Thailand, 19 May 2019 -- Salesian confreres and members of the Salesian Family joined in the Eucharistic Celebration at the inauguration of the 350th anniversary of the apostolic vicariate of Siam Mission [1669 - 2019 A.D...
    Date2019.05.19 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1139 file
    Read More
  7. 5087(II)_EAO Salesian Spirituality Seminar

17 Participants from the Thai Province By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 12 May 2019 -- From 8-30 May 2019, the Salesians and their lay mission partners [catechists, personnel involved in the pastoral ministry] from the various educational cente...
    Date2019.05.13 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1402 file
    Read More
  8. 5077(I)_First Religious Consecration

By THA SC Sampran, Thailand, 1 May 2019 -- On 1 May 2019, Fr. Thepharat Pitisant, the Provincial of Thailand-Cambodia-Laos, presided over the Holy Mass on the occasion of the first religious profession of Bro. Francis Atsawin Aroonrai and C...
    Date2019.05.02 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views671 file
    Read More
  9. 5076_Faith Formation Camp

Catechetical Camp for Thai Youth By THA SC Phanom, Thailand, 30 April 2019 -- During the summer holidays in Thailand, which fall in the months of March and April, the Churches under the care of the Salesians - like those in the three border...
    Date2019.04.30 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1680 file
    Read More
  10. 5074(I)_ADMA Thailand joins the ADMA World to celebrate the 150 years of its foundation

By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 26 April, 2019 -- On the evening of 24 April 2019, the members of the Association of Mary Help of Christians [ADMA], Thailand joined the ADMA world in celebrating its 150 years of foundation [1869 - 2019]. This ...
    Date2019.04.28 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views666 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 32 Next
/ 32