austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20190618_THA.jpg

By Our Own Correspondent

Bangkok, Thailand, 17 June 2019 -- Among the 3rd EAO Salesianity Seminar - Workshop in Batulao (FIN) last May 2019 the most numerous group present was from THA Province (Thailand-Cambodia-Laos), with the majority being teachers from our schools. The massive participation of lay mission partners from Thailand is due to the strong support, physical presence and translation service of the Provincial, Fr. John Bosco Theparat PITISANT. Two SDBs from the Province of Saint Paul (THA) calmly share their thoughts on this event after a few weeks back home, one working in Thailand and other in Laos:

Fr. Anusit Chanphen (Thai, newly ordained Salesian priest, assigned to Sarasit School in Banpong)

"I was very impressed to be with all participants of the 3rd EAO Salesianity seminar in Batulao. The THA Province presence there was quite different from other EAO provinces because most of the others were Salesians working in formation houses and schools. Yes, there were some other lay mission partners who are dedicating for the formation of the lay people who are working in Don Bosco’s spirit.

The teachers from Thailand came from different backgrounds. Most of them are Catholic, only one is Buddhist. Some of them have a good knowledge of catechism and theology while some of them are very poor in these things. Most of them could not understand English. Therefore, it was very hard for them to communicate with other people. However, I tried my best to translate from English into Thai and explained to them more when it came to engage with historical, biblical, and theological aspects. I realised that it was quite hard for them to understand but they tried a lot. Over the ten days I used each day in the afternoon to ask them to reflect, and share their own experiences from different settings. I was enriched by their insights. Moreover, it was a specific time for them to be enriched and fulfilled with the spirit of Don Bosco when they lived together with other people from our region (SDBs, LMPs). The teachers were able to mingle with others, and embraced the spirit of joy and optimism even though they could not communicate in English much. Apart from the lessons during the seminar, I think they were encouraged to see and realise the unity of Don Bosco’s spirit in different settings, cultures, and contexts.

I think it was very useful for teachers but we have to attempt to find the way to support them continuously in whatever ways we can do. Moreover it is very important for our young confreres too. They should experience this kind of joint formation with Lay Mission Partners, because they are more motivated to understand the reality of the world so that they can engage what they have learned with the real people and situations."

On the other hand Vietnamese missionary in Laos, Fr. Paul Trung (Don Bosco TVET in Vientiane) shares after participating in the Salesianity Workshop over the past 3 years:

"I was so happy and grateful to all superiors and the Congregation that gave me a chance to renew and refresh my experience Salesian spirit together with other members of the Salesian family. The Salesianity course I took was very useful and enriched my understanding of Spirituality and of our founder Saint John Bosco.

And still there are many challenges for us here in Laos: How do we implant the Salesian Charism, the Salesian spirit in this land? We need more unity in spirit and in action - all the time. My dream for Laos is to expand our Salesian work like in other provinces or countries. We may start an Oratory or Youth center with a simple tutoring for poor youth... like Don Bosco at Valdocco.

Here in Laos everyday we are learning from the reality of life and we try to read the signs of our times: What God wants us to know and to do for the young! Please, pray for us!"

Related news article

20190618_THA1.jpg

20190618_THA2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5124(II)_Thailand: Seminar for New Teachers in Salesian Schools

By THA SC Hua Hin, Thailand, 23 June 2019 -- On 21-23 June 2019, the Commission on Salesian Schools in Thailand, under the chairmanship of Fr Smith Daengampan, together with the heads of the various Salesian schools, organized the seminar f...
    Date2019.06.24 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views936 file
    Read More
  2. 5121(I)_Salesian Scouts Join Jamboree with Thai Southern Region Scouts

By THA SC Hatyai, Thailand 19 June 2019 -- From the 16 - 20 June 2019, the scouts and teachers, numbering 38 in all, representing Saeng Thong Vitthaya School and Thidanukhro School in Hatyai, Songkhla Province, joined the Scouts Jamboree of...
    Date2019.06.20 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1318 file
    Read More
  3. 5119_EAO Salesianity Workshop 2019 experience by THA province Salesians

By Our Own Correspondent Bangkok, Thailand, 17 June 2019 -- Among the 3rd EAO Salesianity Seminar - Workshop in Batulao (FIN) last May 2019 the most numerous group present was from THA Province (Thailand-Cambodia-Laos), with the majority be...
    Date2019.06.18 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1487 file
    Read More
  4. 5114(III)_Bike with the blind

By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 12 June 2019 -- The Foundation for the Blind in Thailand, under the patronage of Her Majesty the Queen, on the occasion of its 80th anniversary of foundation, organized the "Bike With the Blind" event under the ...
    Date2019.06.13 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1517 file
    Read More
  5. 5108(II)_Thai Diocesan Priest, Salesian Cooperator and Missionary in Cambodia

Interview with Salesian Cooperator, Fr. Kai, Thai Diocesan Clergy By Our Own Correspondent Poi Pet, Cambodia, 4 June 2019 -- Fr. Kai (61 years) is now a member, local economer of the SDB community in Poi Pet (Cambodia) living together with ...
    Date2019.06.05 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1876 file
    Read More
  6. 5093(I)_Salesians Joined In the Inauguration of the 350th Anniversary of the Apostolic Vicariate of Siam Mission

By THA SC Sampran, Thailand, 19 May 2019 -- Salesian confreres and members of the Salesian Family joined in the Eucharistic Celebration at the inauguration of the 350th anniversary of the apostolic vicariate of Siam Mission [1669 - 2019 A.D...
    Date2019.05.19 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1139 file
    Read More
  7. 5087(II)_EAO Salesian Spirituality Seminar

17 Participants from the Thai Province By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 12 May 2019 -- From 8-30 May 2019, the Salesians and their lay mission partners [catechists, personnel involved in the pastoral ministry] from the various educational cente...
    Date2019.05.13 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1402 file
    Read More
  8. 5077(I)_First Religious Consecration

By THA SC Sampran, Thailand, 1 May 2019 -- On 1 May 2019, Fr. Thepharat Pitisant, the Provincial of Thailand-Cambodia-Laos, presided over the Holy Mass on the occasion of the first religious profession of Bro. Francis Atsawin Aroonrai and C...
    Date2019.05.02 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views671 file
    Read More
  9. 5076_Faith Formation Camp

Catechetical Camp for Thai Youth By THA SC Phanom, Thailand, 30 April 2019 -- During the summer holidays in Thailand, which fall in the months of March and April, the Churches under the care of the Salesians - like those in the three border...
    Date2019.04.30 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1680 file
    Read More
  10. 5074(I)_ADMA Thailand joins the ADMA World to celebrate the 150 years of its foundation

By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 26 April, 2019 -- On the evening of 24 April 2019, the members of the Association of Mary Help of Christians [ADMA], Thailand joined the ADMA world in celebrating its 150 years of foundation [1869 - 2019]. This ...
    Date2019.04.28 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views666 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 32 Next
/ 32