austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20211006_PGS.jpg

By Cl. Pio Ehava and Cl. Conrad Vamilat

Kokopo, East New Britain, PNG 5 October 2021 -- A two-day seminar for the practical trainees of the Salesians of Don Bosco in the PGS vice-province was held on 26-27 September, 2021 at the Don Bosco Technical Secondary School in Kokopo, East New Britain Province.

Facilitating the seminar was Fr. Mathew Shoji SDB. In attendance as participants were the three trainees; Cl. Conrad Vamilat, Cl. Joel Attiso and Cl. Pio Ehava. Unfortunately due to technical difficulties Cl. Anthony Wale could not join the sessions online.

The first day saw Fr Shoji begin with the analogy of consecrated life at the level of a practical trainee’s life with the “River Story” – it told of the origin of the river itself, the processes that affect the river in a good or bad way, and how the river still had to reach its destination. Fr. Shoji shared that similarly, consecrated life can be compared to that of a river. “Along the journey, life can be filled with desolations or consolations. But what is important is to reach the final destination, to reach big ocean or to meet the Creator”, he said.

The day ended with personal reflection and sharing of the experiences of each practical trainee in their own settings.

The second day of the formation meeting was enriching. Fr. Shoji reminded the Brothers of their primary obligation as Salesians to accompany young people and gave credit to those who are closely following young boys in their settings.

There was also a time of sharing where the Brothers gave their experiences of what it was like in their journey with the young in their own places. The day concluded with words of encouragement and guidance from Fr. Shoji where he told the participants that before they could accompany the young, they too should first be accompanied through Rendicoto by their Rectors and Spiritual guides.

The seminar ended with a hike to the famous Mt. Tavurvur and a picnic at the submarine base in Rabual.

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5990(I)_From Africa to Oceania to love and serve

PGS, 25 May 2023 -- My name is Joël Komlan ATTISSO. I am 28 years old. I am originally from Togo. I am a member of 151st missionary expedition (2020). Since it was at the height of COVID-19, we were not able to have our orientation bef...
    Date2023.05.25 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1020 file
    Read More
  2. 5989(III)_Salesian Educators today: The Yeast in the Dough

By Leo Paraha and Fr Ambrose Pereira SDB Bomana, Port Moresby, PNG 24 May 2023 -- ‘Salesian Educators Today – The Yeast in the Dough’ was the theme of the retreat for the Salesian Lay Educators from Don Bosco Technical Sch...
    Date2023.05.24 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views332 file
    Read More
  3. 5983(I)_Laudato Si Youth Camp - In Time for Earth Day

By Amanda Lomoi, Leila Baoroba and Heautani Babona Boroko, Port Moresby, PNG, 12 May 2023 -- The Laudato Si' Youth Camp was held from 21 to 22 April at the gymnasium of Don Bosco Technological Institute, Boroko campus. The program was o...
    Date2023.05.13 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views380 file
    Read More
  4. 5975(II)_“Realising Don Bosco’s Dream for Oceania”

PGS Vice-Province expanding to Vanuatu By Ms. Isabella Saleu Don Bosco Past Pupil-PNG Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, 27 Aprril 2023 -- The first Salesians had arrived in Papua New Guinea on June 14, 1980. The presence of Fr. Valeriano Barb...
    Date2023.04.28 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views392 file
    Read More
  5. 5962(III)_MSMHC Superiors Visit PNG

By Sr. Lapynshai Khongwir, MSMHC Port Moresby, PNG, 26 March 2023 -- Sr. Philomena Mathew the Superior General of the Missionary Sisters of Mary Help of Christians (MSMHC) and her Assistant General Sr. Christine Mynsong visited the PNG miss...
    Date2023.03.26 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views740 file
    Read More
  6. 5962(I)_Don Bosco Technical School, Kokopo Celebrates Community Day

By Cl. Thomas Warawara Kokopo, East New Britain, PNG, 26 March 2023 -- “As the Yeast: Rise a Community Champion”. This was the theme of the community days’ celebration at Don Bosco Technical Secondary School Kokopo. The ce...
    Date2023.03.26 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views305 file
    Read More
  7. 5958(I)_Thriving through struggle!

Photo: Mr Peter Goodwin, Timon Stanley and Fr Ambrose Pereira SDB Graduating students 2022 Stanley Timon VIP Audience With Mr Peter Goodwin Port Moresby, PNG, 17 March 2023 -- Stanley Timon completed his year 12 in 2016. His dream was to fu...
    Date2023.03.17 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views323 file
    Read More
  8. 5955(II)_Practising ‘Synodality’ in a Melanesian context

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Rabaul, PNG, 14 March 2023 -- The Parish priests and lay leaders of the Salesian parishes of Papua New Guinea, met for a two-day meeting at Don Bosco Technical Secondary School, Kokopo. Hosted by the parish of Ma...
    Date2023.03.14 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views274 file
    Read More
  9. 5952(I)_The Holy Spirit Challenges Us to Become Yeast

By Miss Rica Lavilla, Gr. 12 Albera Matron/English Teacher Joachim Gahekave Jnr, Alfred Muraga and Anthony Leka Grade 12 Students of Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu Gabutu, Port Moresby, PNG, 6 March 2023 -- On 2 March, 2023, Don Bosco T...
    Date2023.03.06 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views323 file
    Read More
  10. 5950(I)_DBTSS Kokopo Holy Spirit Mass on Ash Wednesday

By Cl. Thomas Warwara,SDB Rapolo, East New Britain Province PNG, 2 March 2023 -- On 22 February 2023, Don Bosco Technical Secondary School Rapolo had its Holy Spirit Mass which also coincided with the Ash Wednesday celebration. The Season o...
    Date2023.03.03 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views306 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 54 Next
/ 54