?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 596 Comment 0

1-Parents-day-prayer.jpg

By Luciano Kodana, 12 Albera

Gabutu, Port Moresby PNG, 23 May 2022 -- Family Day is an opportune time for parents and their children to celebrate the gift of being a family and to spend quality time with their loved ones. In Don Bosco Technical School this is also the time to have fun together through games and other fun activities. A time to listen to one another and a time to share a meal together.

On 8 May 2022, Salesians, Salesian Educators, Bosconians with their Parents and Guardians gathered for the first Family Day after two years of not having one due to Covid-19 restrictions.

The attendees were greeted by the colourful flaglets and the decorated PCTA park fit for the occasion and having the traces of the celebration of the Feast of St. Dominic Savio on 6 May. Mothers and fathers happily joined in the fun games. The coconut scraping contest awarded all the contestants with the coconut scrapers they used for the game.

The Principal Mr. Martin Dai welcomed everyone as well as Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB, the school’s Spiritual Moderator on behalf of the school Rector, Fr. Pedro Sachitula, SDB who is currently in Thailand having his retreat with the Rector Major Fr. Angel Fernandez Artime, SDB along with other Salesians.

The PCTA President Mrs. Romanah Kuaisombi addressed the attendees with her message of joy that is also shared by all the parents and guardians, for being able to attain peace and reconciliation the past days especially for some Bosconians who were tested and were able to rise up and learn from the challenging situation.

The Family Day also coincided with the celebration of Mothers’ Day. Mothers were greeted likewise the fathers present by Russell Wanli of 12 Albera before they performed their mime and interpretation of the song ‘A Million Dreams’. He shared that the presentation is for the mothers and all the parents who have always been there to support them in their dreams.

At lunch time, the food and drinks brought by each class member and their family were shared together. No one was left without a plate of food. It was remarkable to see parents and students with their teachers sitting next to each other enjoying the meal together.

After the sumptuous lunch, the parents were ushered to their sons’ classroom for the report card giving. Patrons and Matrons patiently distributed and entertained the queries from parents regarding their son’s marks and deportment comments. In one classroom the students were seated on the floor next to their parents who were seated on their chairs and right there they discussed what was good for term one and what needs to be improved for term two.

“DBTS’ Family Day coincided with this year’s Mother’s Day. With me on this day was not my mother but my guardian who is my uncle’s wife. Wished that my real mom was around to witness how we paid tribute to all the mothers present. Still, I am grateful to my aunt who came to pick up my report card and for taking care of me. Her reaction when she saw the good marks on my report card was priceless and it made me feel more encouraged to do better”, said Joshua Akia, 12 Rinaldi.

The day ended at around 3:00 o’clock in the afternoon. A tiring but fulfilling family day for Don Bosco Technical School. Another family day worth remembering.

1-Cleanup-1.jpg

1-Coconut-scraping-1.jpg

1-Luciano-Kodana,-12-Albera.jpg

1-Parents-day-1.jpg

1-Parents-day-2.jpg

1-Parents-day-cake.jpg

1-Parents-day-dance.jpg

1-Parents-day-food-2.jpg

1-Parents-day-Martin-Dai.jpg

1-Parents-day-meet.jpg

1-Parents-day-Romanah-Kuaisombi.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 6202_Formed in the Shape of Jesus: EAO Formation of Formators at Papua New Guinea

By Fr. Joel Camaya Port Moresby, PNG, 18 November 2023 -- On the last full day of the EAO Formation of Formators Meeting, the participants heard a familiar expression yet one that sounded new: “To be a follower of Jesus, one had to be...
    Date2023.11.18 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views384 file
    Read More
  2. 6200_Journey of Hopeful Voices!

By Lucy Napitalai Port Moresby, PNG 18 November 2023 -- The Councillor for Social Communication has the duty of animating the Congregation in this sector. With his department, he promotes Salesian activity in the social communication sector...
    Date2023.11.18 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views254 file
    Read More
  3. 6199_A million dreams

By Enoch Jebeth, Salesian Educator Gabutu, Port Moresby PNG, 17 November 2023 -- Dressed in their finest-looking outfits and suits young men and ladies celebrated a milestone in their lives, their graduation. 382 students walked into the Ku...
    Date2023.11.17 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views267 file
    Read More
  4. 6198_Real joy in serving Jesus

By Sr. Emema Iakopo, FMA PGS Province, 16 November 2023 - World Youth Day Solomon Islands was held at Tetere from 23rd to 27th August 2023. Don Bosco Rural Training Centre under the Christ the King Parish, Tetere, run by the Salesians of Do...
    Date2023.11.16 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views219 file
    Read More
  5. 6191_Don Bosco Araimiri: A Leaven Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow

By Fr. Gregorio Bicomong Jr, SDB, Superior of the Vice-Province of Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands PGS Province, 14 November 2023 - The Salesian story in Papua New Guinea (PNG) started from an idea, like a seed or a leaven, before ...
    Date2023.11.14 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views272 file
    Read More
  6. 6190_EAO - Regional Formation Commission (CRF)

By Fr. Pedro Sachitula SDB Port Moresby, 14 November 2023 - Blessed Philip Rinaldi - PGS Vice-Province was privileged to host the annual meeting of Provincial Delegates for Formation of the East Asia Oceania Region, from 9-12 November 2023....
    Date2023.11.14 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views247 file
    Read More
  7. 6186_Leavened: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

By Fr. Ambrose SDB PGS Province, 11 November 2023 -- ‘Hearts on fire, feet on the move’ is Pope Francis’ theme for the 2023 World Mission Sunday. The Holy Father highlights worship and the need for each of us to go out and...
    Date2023.11.11 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views240 file
    Read More
  8. 6181_Living the Vision of the Founder

By Sr. Mini Jose MSMHC PGS Province, 09 November 2023 - One of the worst times of our past was World War II which was devastating and shattered all limits of human endurance. The war that lasted for six long years is reported to be the most...
    Date2023.11.09 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views281 file
    Read More
  9. 6175_In Memoriam Fr. Valeriano Barbero SDB (1938 - 2023)

In fond memory of Fr. Val, a little over six months after he left us. By Fr. Savio Angelo S. Sanchez SDB Fr. Val, as he was fondly called, was born in Bellinzago Novarese, in the Piedmont region of Italy. As a young boy, he liked serving at...
    Date2023.11.06 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views287 file
    Read More
  10. 6170_Imploring Our Blessed Mother for Peace

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Sabama, Port Moresby, PNG, 2 November 2023 -- Over 60 parishioners from Mary Help of Christians, Sabama, braved the rain, the distraction of the games and the noise of the people around the church to pray the Mis...
    Date2023.11.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views257 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 54 Next
/ 54