?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 458 Comment 0

1-Untitled.jpg

By Isabella Saleu

Port Moresby, PNG, 3 June 2022 -- Five students from Don Bosco Technical School on the Chat Room of Wednesday 1 June 2022 have sent out a strong reminder to their peers that teamwork is essential for personal growth and policy change.

The five boys, all in year eleven, spoke with confidence as they stormed the NBC Tribe FM studio with their topic: Importance of Teamwork.

Opening the discussion was Mr. Luther Kuelinad who explained that teamwork was the ability to be an active and efficient listener in taking information and following instructions to carry out individual assigned tasks, contributing to groups such as family, school, church, and society.

“Scholars overseas have researched that collaborative problem-solving leads to better outcomes. People are more likely to take calculated risks if they have the support of a team. Working in a team promotes job satisfaction and reduces stress”, he said.

Explaining why it is important for young people to work as a team was Mr. Gad Walaun. He stressed that if young people harnessed this skill, it would help them become good communicators, increase their self-confidence, and build good relationships with others.

“An example of the benefits of teamwork would be problem solving. If I am given a group activity, it would be done sooner and it would be to my advantage to learn new ideas from my friends, than if I were to do it alone. Likewise, we see teamwork a huge part of Jesus’s life on earth because he had 12 disciples that helped Him carry out His mission on earth. They followed Him everywhere and supported Him.” he added.

Highlighting the lack of teamwork and support in the society was Mr. John Kawapuro who said if people lacked this important skill, they would all be working individually, and the stress of work would create anxiety. “Nothing would be done if there is no teamwork and support because there wouldn’t be any collaboration which would lead to grudges for not achieving their objective,” he explained.

Mr. Kawapuro used the most loved NRL as a classic example of teamwork and collaboration; the entire team members of an NRL club contributed to results.

Stressing the importance of teaching children teamwork at an early age was Mr. Kristoffa Ephraim, who said, a child was easier to teach than an adult, thus if children learned this skill when they were young, it would go a long way for them in school and eventually in the workforce when they contribute to society and nation building as every individual was part and puzzle of a society’s growth.

“We can start by getting children involved in activities that are done in groups, so they understand the importance of it. As young people also, I call on you to be team players because we cannot progress if we want to do everything on our own,” Mr. Ephraim stressed.

Mr. Anthony Molen who concluded the discussion said, “Let us not separate; communication is key to working together. And we are all one. Parents are first teachers at home and should teach their children skills such as teamwork and the government should provide opportunities that call for everyone to work together. There should not be room for individualism because we all need each other.”

1-On-Air-3.jpg

1-Group.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5822(II)_Sacrament of Confirmation on Pentecost

By Fr. Robinson Parappilly, SDB Tetere, Solomon Islands, 13 June 2022 -- ‘Illumine our Hearts with your Holy Spirit’ was the theme to celebrate the Christian Initiation ceremony of the Sacrament of Confirmation administered to 1...
    Date2022.06.14 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views703 file
    Read More
  2. 5822(I)_SALT formation for SRCs and MHC Parish Youth Leaders

By Br. Joel Attiso, SDB Kokopo, East New Britain PNG, 12 June 2022 -- Salesian Youth Ministry SYM is carried out in full collaboration with the young people themselves. In all aspects of the educational mission, young people are always prot...
    Date2022.06.14 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views540 file
    Read More
  3. 5820(I)_Salesian World Mission Day celebrated

By Bartholomew Dai, Savio Haus East Boroko, Port Moresby, 10 June 2022 -- The Salesian family of the vice-province of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands (PGS) celebrated the Salesian World Mission Day on 4 June 2022 at the Emmaus Conferen...
    Date2022.06.10 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1176 file
    Read More
  4. 5819(I)_Students create inspiring films and jingles

By Jessica Oata DBTI Boroko, Port Moresby, PNG, 8 June 2022 -- With the theme ‘Listen. Do everything with LOVE’, the third Media Education Seminar held at the Marian Hall, Don Bosco Technological Institute on Saturday 4 June 202...
    Date2022.06.09 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views528 file
    Read More
  5. 5818(I)_Students challenge peers to be Team Players

By Isabella Saleu Port Moresby, PNG, 3 June 2022 -- Five students from Don Bosco Technical School on the Chat Room of Wednesday 1 June 2022 have sent out a strong reminder to their peers that teamwork is essential for personal growth and po...
    Date2022.06.07 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views458 file
    Read More
  6. 5817(I)_“Run, Jump, make noise but avoid sin.”

By Luther Kuelinad, 11 Sandor and Mr. Leo Paraha, Salesian Educator Gabutu, Port Moresby, PNG, 01-06-22 -- Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu had their Intramurals opening on Tuesday 24 May 2022 after the solemn Eucharistic Celebration of M...
    Date2022.06.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1292 file
    Read More
  7. 5816(III)_Celebration of the Solemnity of Mary Help of Christians

By Br. Attisso Joel, SDB Kokopo, East New Britain, PNG, 31 May 2022 -- In joy and gladness, the Salesian community of Rapolo celebrated the Solemnity of Mary Help of Christians on 24 May 2022 at the Don Bosco Technical Secondary School, Kok...
    Date2022.05.31 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views468 file
    Read More
  8. 5816(II)_Mary Queen of Peace and Love

By John Kawapuro, 11 Sandor Gabutu, Port Moresby, PNG, 31 may 2022 -- The Solemnity of Mary Help of Christians was celebrated on 24 May 2022 with pomp and splendour by the Salesians, staff, and the students at Don Bosco Technical School, Ga...
    Date2022.05.31 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views601 file
    Read More
  9. 5814(I)_Colorful celebrations for Feast of Mary Help of Christians

By Fr. Robinson Parappilly, SDB Tetere, Solomon Islands, 27 May 2022 -- “Have devotion to Mary Help of Christians and you will see what miracles are.” It was indeed a time of grace and miracles for Christ the King Parish Tetere,...
    Date2022.05.27 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views612 file
    Read More
  10. 5810(I)_Celebrate the Gift of Family

By Luciano Kodana, 12 Albera Gabutu, Port Moresby PNG, 23 May 2022 -- Family Day is an opportune time for parents and their children to celebrate the gift of being a family and to spend quality time with their loved ones. In Don Bosco Techn...
    Date2022.05.23 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views665 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 54 Next
/ 54