Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 851 Comment 0

3-Tamasae-Timothy-1.jpg

DBTI Top Student shares Success Story

By Isabella Saleu

East Boroko, Port Moresby PNG, 19 April 2022 -- Following the 20th Graduation Rites of the Don Bosco Technological Institute on 31 March 2022, the Remington Group, a leading technology company in Papua New Guinea, presented an award to the top student in the batch as part of their ongoing development program.

The Remington Group awarded K 8,450.00 as a reimbursement for the year’s school fees and a beautifully engraved shield to Tamasae Timothy, a Bachelor’s in Automotive Technology student who was the recipient for being “Best in Technology” graduating with Honours.

Tamasae who hails from New Ireland and Morobe, said it was an honour of a lifetime to receive the award sponsored by a highly reputable company and he was truly grateful for the recognition.

“I would like to thank the Remington Group for their initiative to support Academic Excellence in DBTI and hope that this will motivate other students to perform to the best of their ability and even go beyond their limits. This act supports education in the country and that will be a contributing factor towards students aiming for excellence in the Academic or Technical field not just in DBTI but in other schools as well”, he said.

He said that the four years of experience at a Salesian Institution gave him the opportunity to balance studies, work, social life, and his Catholic faith in the unique style of St. John Bosco. Not knowing what to expect on the first day, the new way of life put him under a lot of psychological pressure, but eventually he got the hang of the routine which became part of life. “It has taught me strong Catholic values about responsibility and discipline”, he said.

He made a special mention to the wonderful teaching and learning environment that the school provided and above all the Bosconian spirit that contributed immensely to him receiving such an award on graduation day.

Mr. Timothy extended his personal gratitude to the Salesians of Don Bosco, the administration, and the teaching staff of DBTI who have one way or the other advised, supported and guided him through his years of studies. It was because of them that the students were focused on their goal to graduate.

“I am also very grateful to my family for all the sacrifices they have made to see me graduate today. I never visited home since I started studies in DBTI but that never stopped them from supporting me. I also appreciate the journey of companionship with my friends through all the lessons and memories”, Tamasae expressed.

3-Tamasae-Timothy-2.jpg

3-Tamasae-Timothy-3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5803(I)_Giant of Sanctity

By Mr. Leo Paraha Photographs: Kean Zusula, Jethro, Randell and Br Peter Khai Gabutu, Port Moresby, PNG, 9 May 2022 -- "Giant of Sanctity" was the inspirational message highlighted during the celebration of the Feast of St. Dominic Savio he...
    Date2022.05.09 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views650 file
    Read More
  2. 5801(II)_Youths celebrate Easter Pasch

By Fr. Robinson Parappilly Tetere, Solomon Islands, 6 May 2022 -- More than 100 young people of Christ the King Parish Tetere, Solomon Islands, came together from 10-17 April 2022 to celebrate the Youth Pasch organized by the parish. The pr...
    Date2022.05.07 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views686 file
    Read More
  3. 5800(IV)_DBTSS celebrates International Earth Day

By Br. ATTISSO Joël, SDB Kokopo, New Britain, PNG, 3 May 2022 -- Students of Don Bosco Technical and Secondary School marked International Earth Day by cleaning the city of Kokopo on Saturday, 23 April. This activity followed a program...
    Date2022.05.04 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views721 file
    Read More
  4. 5799(II)_Students prepared for Holy Week with Way of the Cross

By Isabella Saleu CBC Social Communications Gabutu, Port Moresby PNG, 29 April 2022 -- In anticipation of Good Friday on 15 April, over a thousand students from Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu, together with staff and Salesians took part...
    Date2022.04.29 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views561 file
    Read More
  5. 5796(III)_“God is behind all our achievements.”

DBTI Top Student shares Success Story By Isabella Saleu East Boroko, Port Moresby PNG, 19 April 2022 -- Following the 20th Graduation Rites of the Don Bosco Technological Institute on 31 March 2022, the Remington Group, a leading technology...
    Date2022.04.21 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views851 file
    Read More
  6. 5795(I)_Expectations in the Land of the Unexpected

By Anna Bártů Salesian Volunteer from the Czech Republic Port Moresby, PNG, 13 April 2022 -- My name is Anna Bártů, I am 25 years old and I come from the centre of Europe, the Czech Republic, the city of Brno. Together with vo...
    Date2022.04.15 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views996 file
    Read More
  7. 5794(III)_“What kind of Salesians for the youth of today?”

2nd Provincial Chapter of the vice province of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands By Fr. Ambrose Pereira SDB, PGS Social Communications secretary Port Moresby, PNG, 11-04-22 -- The 2nd Provincial Chapter for the Vice-Province of Papua New...
    Date2022.04.12 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1247 file
    Read More
  8. 5794(II)_Women of DBTI honoured

By Jos Sengi and Nerissa Liliai Walaun Writers and Media Club, DBTI East Boroko, Port Moresby PNG 10 April 2022 -- The men of the Don Bosco Technological community were all game to make the women feel special as part of International Women&...
    Date2022.04.12 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views731 file
    Read More
  9. 5793(II)_Blessed Country and Blessed Me

By Tereza Sovová, Volunteer at DBTS Gabutu, Port Moresby, 9 April 2022 -- My name is Tereza Sovová, I am 23 years old and I come from Brno, the second biggest city in the Czech Republic, the heart of Europe. I am a 5th year me...
    Date2022.04.09 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views937 file
    Read More
  10. 5792(I)_LISTENING builds Love, Hope and Inspiration

By Nigel Akuani Port Moresby, PNG 8 April 2022 -- ‘LISTEN! Do Everything with LOVE,’ was the empowering theme for the first Media Education Seminar (MES1) with students from ten Catholic agency schools in Port Moresby. Facilitat...
    Date2022.04.08 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views504 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 54 Next
/ 54