austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

1-Adoration1.jpg

2nd Provincial Chapter of the vice province of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira SDB, PGS
Social Communications secretary

Port Moresby, PNG, 11-04-22 -- The 2nd Provincial Chapter for the Vice-Province of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands (PGS) commenced on 10 April at the Provincial House, Boroko. The Chapter has as its theme: “What kind of Salesians for the youth of today?”

In his opening address following the Lectio Divina, Fr Gregorio Bicomong, Provincial, welcomed Fr. Joseph Phuoc, EAO Regional, who has concluded the Extraordinary Visitation and is present for the Provincial Chapter. In keeping with and continuing the journey of GC28, the Chapter strives to look at ways to implement GC28 and provide a continuity to our work of reflection. It will dwell on the eight policy guidelines and take up corresponding lines of action. It will dwell on evangelization of our young people, a preferential option for the poor and a formation of our Laity.

Dwelling on the reflections of Fr Paschal Chavez, he reminded the members to reaffirm the Centrality of the mission, keep in mind that the mission is lived in community and that it is carried out in collaboration with the laity and our lay mission partners. He also cautioned the members of the following risks: Elitism – superior to others, Intellectualism - far removed from the reality of the world around us and Complacency – we have always done it this way.

Present for the Chapter were 16 confreres in Port Moresby, while 2 joined on ZOOM from the Solomon Islands and 1 from India. The Provincial Chapter will conclude on 13 April 2022.

After vespers and adoration in the Shrine of Mary Help of Christians, the Salesians, Salesian sisters and Caritas sisters of Jesus, volunteers, aspirants and a few mission partners joined in a delicious meal and an evening of song and enjoyment. It was also an occasion to wish Fr Srimal on his birthday and thank Fr Joseph Phuoc as he concludes his Extraordinary Visitation.

1-Adoration2.jpg

1-LOGO-2nd-Provincial-Chapter.jpg

1-Prayer-1.jpg

1-Prayer-2.jpg

1-Salesian-Family-1.jpg

1-Salesian-Family-2.jpg

1-Salesian-Family-3.jpg

1-Session-1.jpg

1-Session-2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5803(I)_Giant of Sanctity

By Mr. Leo Paraha Photographs: Kean Zusula, Jethro, Randell and Br Peter Khai Gabutu, Port Moresby, PNG, 9 May 2022 -- "Giant of Sanctity" was the inspirational message highlighted during the celebration of the Feast of St. Dominic Savio he...
    Date2022.05.09 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views648 file
    Read More
  2. 5801(II)_Youths celebrate Easter Pasch

By Fr. Robinson Parappilly Tetere, Solomon Islands, 6 May 2022 -- More than 100 young people of Christ the King Parish Tetere, Solomon Islands, came together from 10-17 April 2022 to celebrate the Youth Pasch organized by the parish. The pr...
    Date2022.05.07 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views685 file
    Read More
  3. 5800(IV)_DBTSS celebrates International Earth Day

By Br. ATTISSO Joël, SDB Kokopo, New Britain, PNG, 3 May 2022 -- Students of Don Bosco Technical and Secondary School marked International Earth Day by cleaning the city of Kokopo on Saturday, 23 April. This activity followed a program...
    Date2022.05.04 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views716 file
    Read More
  4. 5799(II)_Students prepared for Holy Week with Way of the Cross

By Isabella Saleu CBC Social Communications Gabutu, Port Moresby PNG, 29 April 2022 -- In anticipation of Good Friday on 15 April, over a thousand students from Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu, together with staff and Salesians took part...
    Date2022.04.29 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views561 file
    Read More
  5. 5796(III)_“God is behind all our achievements.”

DBTI Top Student shares Success Story By Isabella Saleu East Boroko, Port Moresby PNG, 19 April 2022 -- Following the 20th Graduation Rites of the Don Bosco Technological Institute on 31 March 2022, the Remington Group, a leading technology...
    Date2022.04.21 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views850 file
    Read More
  6. 5795(I)_Expectations in the Land of the Unexpected

By Anna Bártů Salesian Volunteer from the Czech Republic Port Moresby, PNG, 13 April 2022 -- My name is Anna Bártů, I am 25 years old and I come from the centre of Europe, the Czech Republic, the city of Brno. Together with vo...
    Date2022.04.15 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views993 file
    Read More
  7. 5794(III)_“What kind of Salesians for the youth of today?”

2nd Provincial Chapter of the vice province of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands By Fr. Ambrose Pereira SDB, PGS Social Communications secretary Port Moresby, PNG, 11-04-22 -- The 2nd Provincial Chapter for the Vice-Province of Papua New...
    Date2022.04.12 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1246 file
    Read More
  8. 5794(II)_Women of DBTI honoured

By Jos Sengi and Nerissa Liliai Walaun Writers and Media Club, DBTI East Boroko, Port Moresby PNG 10 April 2022 -- The men of the Don Bosco Technological community were all game to make the women feel special as part of International Women&...
    Date2022.04.12 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views731 file
    Read More
  9. 5793(II)_Blessed Country and Blessed Me

By Tereza Sovová, Volunteer at DBTS Gabutu, Port Moresby, 9 April 2022 -- My name is Tereza Sovová, I am 23 years old and I come from Brno, the second biggest city in the Czech Republic, the heart of Europe. I am a 5th year me...
    Date2022.04.09 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views937 file
    Read More
  10. 5792(I)_LISTENING builds Love, Hope and Inspiration

By Nigel Akuani Port Moresby, PNG 8 April 2022 -- ‘LISTEN! Do Everything with LOVE,’ was the empowering theme for the first Media Education Seminar (MES1) with students from ten Catholic agency schools in Port Moresby. Facilitat...
    Date2022.04.08 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views504 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 54 Next
/ 54