austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20210930_PGS-(1).jpg

By Isabella Saleu

Boroko, Port Moresby, PNG, 29 September 2021 -- “All teachers are called to the mission of making the world a better place; for you, you are called to make our country Papua New Guinea a better place through the work you do for the young.” This was the challenge given by Fr. Gregorio Bicomong Jnr SDB, the Superior of the Vice-province, during his homily at the closing Mass of the first Don Bosco Education System (DBES) Educators’ Congress on 25 September, 2021, at the Shrine of Mary Help of Christians, Boroko. Present as concelebrants were Salesians Fr. Pedro Sachitula, Fr. Roger Miranda, Fr. Pankaj Xalxo, Fr. Alex Garces, Fr. Gilbert and Fr. Albert Swer.

During his homily Fr. Gregorio shared with the congregation the struggle of Jesus to make himself understood. Jesus was the Greatest Teacher of all times, yet he too was misunderstood even by his own disciples who were also afraid to ask him questions. “It the same for us as teachers, some of our students do not understand and are even afraid to ask questions?” he said.

Highlighting 3 main lessons from the Gospel, Fr. Greg shared that learning is sequential so in order for a young person to learn a new skill, he must first master the first one. “The disciples wanted to experience the glory before the pain and suffering but we must first learn the Mystery of the Cross before we learn the Mystery of the Resurrection; a similar situation to a student who would want to graduate without studying”, he said.

He went on further to state that learning begins with a question and like Jesus, the educators should be willing to ask questions so that they can be better understood. Amidst the mystery of life, we need to make the world a better place to live in, concluded Fr Gregorio.

The Eucharist was well animated with lively and beautiful singing by the educators of Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu. In an interview with Ms. Lydia Tenakanai, an instructor of DBTS, she said the breakout sessions were very informative and a reminder for her to improve and adjust herself as a Salesian educator. “I am also very thankful to the organizers who were very brave in taking the first step in bringing together Salesian educators reminding us of the team we are in building this nation”, she added.

Ms. Mary Zeming from Caritas Technical Secondary School, Boroko said that it was wonderful to have the educators come together to get to know each other and be reminded of the Salesian Education System, the system which made them unique in the way they taught young people.

“As a student, attending the different workshops has really helped me learn more about the Preventive System of Don Bosco and how Don Bosco dealt with the young in his time so that when I also graduate and go out into the teaching field, I am to share his spirit with the students”, said Louisah Vutnamur, a 3rd year BA in Education student of DBTI, who was also part of the Congress.

The seminar concluded with light refreshments for all.

20210930_PGS-(2).jpg

20210930_PGS-(3).jpg

20210930_PGS-(4).jpg

20210930_PGS-(5).jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5704(I)_Salesian trainees attend two-day Seminar on Consecrated Life

By Cl. Pio Ehava and Cl. Conrad Vamilat Kokopo, East New Britain, PNG 5 October 2021 -- A two-day seminar for the practical trainees of the Salesians of Don Bosco in the PGS vice-province was held on 26-27 September, 2021 at the Don Bosco T...
    Date2021.10.06 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views537 file
    Read More
  2. 5701(I)_Educators challenged to make the World a Better Place

By Isabella Saleu Boroko, Port Moresby, PNG, 29 September 2021 -- “All teachers are called to the mission of making the world a better place; for you, you are called to make our country Papua New Guinea a better place through the work...
    Date2021.09.30 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views628 file
    Read More
  3. 5700(I)_Salesian Educators’ Congress

Don Bosco Education System (DBES) Educators Congress By Isabella Saleu Boroko, Port Moresby, PNG, 28 September 2021 -- The first Don Bosco Educational System Salesian Educators’ Congress for the vice province of Papua New Guinea and S...
    Date2021.09.28 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views898 file
    Read More
  4. 5698(I)_Wantok Bosco enriches Kokopo Youth

By Christina Midan, MHC Youth Secretary Kokopo, East New Britain, Papua New Guinea, 23 September 2021 -- Known as “Wantok Bosco”, a youth camp organized by the Salesians of Don Bosco in Kokopo was held from 17-19 September, 2021...
    Date2021.09.23 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views435 file
    Read More
  5. 5690(I)_Plant visit at Steel Industries – Gordons, Port Moresby

By Br. Reto Wanner SDB Don Bosco Tech Gabutu, Port Moresby, PNG, 10 September 2021 -- On Wednesday, September 1, the Grade 12 MFM (Machine fitting and Maintenance) students from Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu, had the opportunity to pay...
    Date2021.09.10 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views2049 file
    Read More
  6. 5689(IV)_‘Come and Help Us!’

Bosconians bring to life Dream of Don Bosco for Oceania By Isabella Saleu Gabutu, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, 9 September 2021 -- 250 students from Don Bosco Technical School took part in a captivating musical entitled: ‘Come and ...
    Date2021.09.09 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views912 file
    Read More
  7. 5685(II)_Young people gather for Wantok Bosco Camp

By Sr. Claudia Aragon FMA Tetere, Solomon Islands -- About 400 youths gathered at the Don Bosco Rural Training Centre, Tetere, from 27-29 August, 2021 for the annual Wantok Bosco Camp that had as its theme, ‘Don Bosco Youths; Holy, Fo...
    Date2021.09.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views697 file
    Read More
  8. 5683(I)_‘Don Bosco Stap Wantaim Mipela Na Was Lo Mipela.’

Don Bosco be with us and guide us By Isabella Saleu Kumgi, Simbu Province, PNG 31 August2021 -- The students, staff and religious community of Don Bosco Simbu Technical College in Simbu Province, joined in mind, heart and spirit, with their...
    Date2021.08.31 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views3047 file
    Read More
  9. 5679(II)_Embracing Culture, the Bosconian Way

By Willie Kessi Junior, Don Bosco Araimiri Araimiri, Gulf Province PNG, 24 August 2021 -- Don Bosco Araimiri Secondary School, Gulf province celebrated the 206th birthday of Don Bosco, the patron saint of the young. Embracing Culture, the B...
    Date2021.08.24 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views2943 file
    Read More
  10. 5672(II)_Don Bosco Tetere - first ADMA centre in Solomon Islands

By Fr. Robinson Parappilly Christ the King Parish Tetere, Solomon Islands, 16 August 2021 -- The Salesians have already celebrated 25 years in the Solomon Islands (1995-2020) and along with the first local SDB consecrated vocations, the mai...
    Date2021.08.16 CategoryPGS Reply1 Views1357 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 54 Next
/ 54