Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20210513_PGS201.jpg

By Willie Kessi Jnr
Writers & Photographic Club
Araimiri Secondary School, GULF, PNG

DB Araimiri, Gulf Province PNG, 12 May 2021 -- Don Bosco Araimiri Secondary School on Thursday 6 May 2021 celebrated the feast of Saint Dominic Savio. Amidst the celebration Br Conrad Vamilat sdb renewed his Salesian vows in front of the students and the Salesian community.

A solemn thanksgiving Eucharistic celebration mass was presided over by Fr Pankaj Xalxo sdb, the Rector of Don Bosco Araimiri Secondary School. Concelebrating with Fr Pankaj were Fr Joseph Tinh sdb and Fr Joseph Tanh sdb, the parish priest of Herehere in West Kerema Gulf province. They witnessed Br Conrad’s renewal of vows on behalf of Fr Gregory Bicomong sdb, Provincial.

While students of Don Bosco Araimiri Secondary School led a melodious liturgy.

In his homily Fr Pankaj urged the congregation to recognize the presence of God in the life of Dominic Savio and most importantly follow footprints of Saint Dominic Savio in their life and all that they do, “If he could, why can’t you” he said.

The atmosphere was filled with the spirit of joy, peace and happiness exuding gratitude for dedication and commitment of the past years living with the salesian as Br Conrad again proclaim to live a life of poverty, chastity and obedience to the superiors.

Br Conrad thanked God for the protection and many blessings bestowed upon him during the past years. “I did not know the salesians, but only the MSC congregation during my high school days, but I know God had a plan for me and I thank God for showing me the path” he said Joyfully.

“Many young people lack fidelity and commitment to the vocation because the energy of staying in vocation is prayer’’. “Many Papua New Guineans would like to join religious life, but to be faithful and committed in ones vocation is very challenging” he added.

Bro Conrad concluded by requesting for prayers to help support him in faith for the years to come so that he can faithfully fulfill the dreams to live for the poor and the marginalized youths.

20210513_PGS202.jpg

20210513_PGS203.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5622(IV)_PNG: Retreat for Priests

By Isabella Saleu Port Moresby, PNG, 2 June 2021 -- Parish priests of the Archdiocese of Port Moresby had a week-long retreat at the Emmaus Conference Centre in East Boroko, Port Moresby. The retreat began on 24 May and concluded on the 28t...
    Date2021.06.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views605 file
    Read More
  2. 5619(II)_Students celebrate Marian Day the Bosconian Way

By Israel Erari Don Bosco Araimiri, Gulf Province, PNG 27 May 2021 -- ‘I do believe that Mary the Mother of God is the Help of Christians.’ This was the sentiment shared by the students of Don Bosco, Araimiri, in Gulf Province, ...
    Date2021.05.27 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views892 file
    Read More
  3. 5618(I)_Under the mantle of Mary Help of Christians

By Br. Reto Wanner SDB, Spiritual animator of ADMA Mary Help of Christians Parish Sabama Photographs: Fr Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 25 May 2021 -- This year’s celebration of the Solemnity of Mary Help of Christians on May...
    Date2021.05.26 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1058 file
    Read More
  4. 5613(I)_The start of a new beginning!

An angel among angels (Don Bosco Simbu) By Isabella Saleu Port Moresby PNG, 18 May 2021 -- We had moved back from Vanimo due to my father’s job transfer in 2013 whilst I was in grade 10. When we arrived in Port Moresby, I couldn&rsquo...
    Date2021.05.19 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1155 file
    Read More
  5. 5612(VI)_Don Bosco Media representatives focus on print media

By Abigail Seta Port Moresby, PNG 17 May 2021 -- The Social Communication Commission (SOCOM) conducted 2nd Media Education Seminar with a total of 50 participants. The session dealt with writing articles and capturing pictures with an inspi...
    Date2021.05.17 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views499 file
    Read More
  6. 5612(IV)_Papua New Guinea: CBC observes World Communication Day and International Families Day

By Nigel Akuani Port Moresby, PNG, 15 May 2021 -- In commemoration of World Communication Day (WCD) and International Families Day (IFD), the Catholic Bishops Conference of PNGSI hosted a detailed two-hour panel discussion that highlighted ...
    Date2021.05.17 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views456 file
    Read More
  7. 5611(IV)_PNG-Aramimiri: Renewal of Vows on Feast of St Dominic Savio

By Willie Kessi Jnr Writers & Photographic Club Araimiri Secondary School, GULF, PNG DB Araimiri, Gulf Province PNG, 12 May 2021 -- Don Bosco Araimiri Secondary School on Thursday 6 May 2021 celebrated the feast of Saint Dominic Savio. ...
    Date2021.05.13 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views953 file
    Read More
  8. 5611(III)_Caritas students encouraged by Don Bosco’s Preventive System

By Jessica Oata Kimbe, West New Britain, PNG 12 May 2021 -- The Caritas Technical Secondary School students in Kimbe, West New Britain Province were delighted with the informative presentation on the Preventive System of Don Bosco by Fr Amb...
    Date2021.05.13 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views559 file
    Read More
  9. 5610(I)_Seek the Truth and Change Lives

By Nigel Akuani Port Moresby, PNG 10 May 2021 -- Never stop seeking the truth because knowing the truth changes our lives and nothing can replace things experienced first-hand. This was the message of the first Media Education Seminar held ...
    Date2021.05.11 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views3843 file
    Read More
  10. 5608(I)_Solomon Islands: Feast of Dominic Savio and Renewal of profession of Cl. Anthony Wale SDB

By Fr Robinson Parrapilly DB Rural Training Centre, Solomon Islands, 9 May 2021 -- DBRTC celebrated the feast of Dominic Savio on 6 May. The celebrations began with Solemn Eucharistic celebrations presided over by Fr Robinson Parappilly and...
    Date2021.05.09 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views746 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 54 Next
/ 54