Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1179 Comment 0
ALA_5242

20191102_PGS.jpg

By Miss Rica Lavilla

Gabutu, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, 1 November 2019 -- The Mission Group of Don Bosco Technical School located at Gabutu in Port Moresby joined the Catholic Church in answering the call of Pope Francis for the observance of an Extraordinary Missionary Month commemorating the 100th anniversary of Maximum Illud the apostolic letter of His Holiness Pope Benedict XV written in 1919.

One of the highlights of this month dedicated to missions was the visit to the Foundation for Women and Children at Risk, commonly known as WeCare Foundation on October 8, 2019. An early learning centre located at Erima welcomed the group for a mission exposure.

Around one hundred eighty children eagerly awaited the arrival of the group composed of Gr. 9, Gr. 11, Gr. 12 and ITC students. While the kids’ sang and danced, Miss Paula, the coordinator of the WeCare Learning Centre and Miss Ellyn Kave, Principal shared how they run the centre with the help of volunteer teachers from the community. These are mostly mothers.

The animators of the Mission Group, Br. Reto, SDB and Miss Rica, accompanied the Bosconians on accordion and guitar respectively as they entertained the children with songs, dances and facilitated games. This brought great excitement to the children and also to their teachers.

“I am full of joy, I have peace in my heart. I am more than ever willing to be on a mission and to be of service to others”, shared one Gr. 11 student.

Another student from ITC said, “Sitting down and listening to the lady who is in-charge of the learning centre, I realized that a child needs the love of his parents and the care of the whole community. After our visit, I asked myself, Will I be a good father to my children in the future?”

20191102_PGS1.jpg

20191102_PGS2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5243(IV)_Don Bosco taught me Time Management and Punctuality

ALA_5243 Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail: Pursuit for Holiness By Xavier Loipio, DBTS graduate, 2009 Gabutu, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, 3 November 2019 -- Success can happen to anyone, for myself it all began at Don...
    Date2019.11.04 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1005 file
    Read More
  2. 5243(II)_DBTI Graduating Students’ Retreat

ALA_5243 By Amelia Hwanawi (DECT 3B), Eslyne Tule (INF, 3), Celestina Bouman (ELT 3B) and Debhora Nelson (4th Year) Boroko, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, 3 November 2019 -- The year-end spiritual retreat for the 3rd year diploma students ...
    Date2019.11.04 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views691 file
    Read More
  3. 5242(II)_DBTS Mission Group Visits WeCare Foundation

ALA_5242 By Miss Rica Lavilla Gabutu, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, 1 November 2019 -- The Mission Group of Don Bosco Technical School located at Gabutu in Port Moresby joined the Catholic Church in answering the call of Pope Francis for ...
    Date2019.11.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1179 file
    Read More
  4. 5237(II)_The joy of Volunteering

ALA_5237 By John Toreng and Valentina Leivon Henderson, Solomon Islands, 26 October 2019 -- My name is John Toreng Thang Kom Levion and my cousin’s name is Valentina Reinemyang Leivon. We are volunteers from Imphal, northeast India. We are ...
    Date2019.10.28 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1818 file
    Read More
  5. 5237(I)_Experiencing the ‘Pearl of the Pacific’ and the 'Land of the Unexpected'

ALA_5237 The longer I stay, the less I know By Fr Ambrose Pereira SDB Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, 26 October 2019 -- This is a personal sharing after years spent in the Vice Province of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands. Spending yea...
    Date2019.10.28 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1123 file
    Read More
  6. 5221(II)_The Universal Call to Mission

Reaching out with love and commitment By Matthew Nguyen, Salesian Lay Missioner Vunabosco, PNG, 6 October 2019 -- The call to mission is for everyone, yes everyone! In the Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands Vice Province, it is easy t...
    Date2019.10.07 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1045 file
    Read More
  7. 5201(III)_Salesian sister assists with repatriation

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 15 September 2019 -- Young migrants, refugees and persons detained in Papua New Guinea struggle to get past the barriers of language and culture to get back to their homeland or to a third coun...
    Date2019.09.16 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views4942 file
    Read More
  8. 5192(II)_Don Bosco Henderson Chapel of Mary Help of Christians

First house of worship dedicated to Don Bosco’s Madonna in the Solomon Islands By Fr. Moïse Paluku, SDB Henderson, Solomon Islands, 6 September 2019 -- “It is a day of thanksgiving and celebration, as we thank God for the many blessings He ...
    Date2019.09.06 CategoryPGS Reply2 Views701 file
    Read More
  9. 5180_Newest Parish in EAO

Mary Help of Christians Parish By Fr. Charles Casper, SDB Rapolo, Rabaul, PNG, 16 August 2019 -- On Don Bosco's birthday, Archbishop Francesco Panfilo SDB of Rabaul, PNG, established the parish of Mary Help of Christians at Rapolo as the ne...
    Date2019.08.24 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1630 file
    Read More
  10. 5178(I)_Growing, Serving and Renewing

Silver Jubilee of the parish of Mary Help of Christians, Sabama By Fr Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, 18 August 2019 -- The parish of Mary Help of Christians, Sabama celebrated its Silver Jubilee on the 18th August at D...
    Date2019.08.22 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views581 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 54 Next
/ 54