Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1045 Comment 0

20191007_PGS.jpg

Reaching out with love and commitment

By Matthew Nguyen, Salesian Lay Missioner

Vunabosco, PNG, 6 October 2019 -- The call to mission is for everyone, yes everyone! In the Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands Vice Province, it is easy to think that missionaries are only the priests and religious in our lives. The Salesian priests guide us in our faith. The religious brothers work with the youth and the sisters give their time and energy to spreading the Good News. Yet, we must not forget that the call to mission is for all.

At Don Bosco Technical Secondary School, Rapolo, we are grateful for the efforts and commitment of lay people who serve in simple yet extraordinary ways. Every week lay volunteers dedicate their weekends to lead Catechism classes for the young children of the newly established parish. On the other hand, this is an extremely sacred ministry for those who donate their time and talents. The children start their day praising their God at the Eucharistic celebration and continue to learn more about Him at the catechism class.

The Salesian Co-operators share their talents and gifts in a very practical way. Every Sunday, these amazing people go out to different communities and offer basic medical checkups of blood pressure and sugar levels for the people of the village. This helps the people create a ‘healthy plan of life’ so that they may live a long and healthy.

This is Mission! The love of Christ and neighbor drives the mission in our hearts to serve one another. We pray for all our missionaries, that they may be blessed and encouraged to continue their ministry. “Go out to all nations and proclaim the Good News”, Christ tells us. These people put the command of Christ into practice. Our lives give you thanks and praise, O God!

20191007_PGS1.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5258(II)_255 graduates at DBTS, Gabutu

ALA_5258 92 Grade 12 and 163 Industrial Training Course (ITC) 2 students Graduate at DBTS By Nigel Akuani Gabutu, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea 22 November 2019 -- It was a heartfelt and joyous moment for Don Bosco Technical School in Gabu...
    Date2019.11.25 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1045 file
    Read More
  2. 5245(II)_A Drive to Faith and Prayer

ALA_5245 By Almeric Paul Gatarin Kokopo, Papua New Guinea, 8 November 2019 -- Like most contract workers here in Papua New Guinea, my primary goal is to work. To be a member of any organization was never my intention at all. I had no intere...
    Date2019.11.08 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views2435 file
    Read More
  3. 5243(VII)_ADMA Encounter in PNG

ALA_5243 By Dylan Kossin Photo Courtesy Maryanne Gorogo, Steven Sitapai and Gilbert Charles Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, 2 November 2019 -- In commemoration of the 150th Anniversary of ADMA the Archdiocesan Shrine of Mary Help of Christi...
    Date2019.11.04 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views730 file
    Read More
  4. 5243(IV)_Don Bosco taught me Time Management and Punctuality

ALA_5243 Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail: Pursuit for Holiness By Xavier Loipio, DBTS graduate, 2009 Gabutu, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, 3 November 2019 -- Success can happen to anyone, for myself it all began at Don...
    Date2019.11.04 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1005 file
    Read More
  5. 5243(II)_DBTI Graduating Students’ Retreat

ALA_5243 By Amelia Hwanawi (DECT 3B), Eslyne Tule (INF, 3), Celestina Bouman (ELT 3B) and Debhora Nelson (4th Year) Boroko, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, 3 November 2019 -- The year-end spiritual retreat for the 3rd year diploma students ...
    Date2019.11.04 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views693 file
    Read More
  6. 5242(II)_DBTS Mission Group Visits WeCare Foundation

ALA_5242 By Miss Rica Lavilla Gabutu, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, 1 November 2019 -- The Mission Group of Don Bosco Technical School located at Gabutu in Port Moresby joined the Catholic Church in answering the call of Pope Francis for ...
    Date2019.11.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1186 file
    Read More
  7. 5237(II)_The joy of Volunteering

ALA_5237 By John Toreng and Valentina Leivon Henderson, Solomon Islands, 26 October 2019 -- My name is John Toreng Thang Kom Levion and my cousin’s name is Valentina Reinemyang Leivon. We are volunteers from Imphal, northeast India. We are ...
    Date2019.10.28 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1822 file
    Read More
  8. 5237(I)_Experiencing the ‘Pearl of the Pacific’ and the 'Land of the Unexpected'

ALA_5237 The longer I stay, the less I know By Fr Ambrose Pereira SDB Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, 26 October 2019 -- This is a personal sharing after years spent in the Vice Province of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands. Spending yea...
    Date2019.10.28 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1127 file
    Read More
  9. 5221(II)_The Universal Call to Mission

Reaching out with love and commitment By Matthew Nguyen, Salesian Lay Missioner Vunabosco, PNG, 6 October 2019 -- The call to mission is for everyone, yes everyone! In the Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands Vice Province, it is easy t...
    Date2019.10.07 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1045 file
    Read More
  10. 5201(III)_Salesian sister assists with repatriation

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 15 September 2019 -- Young migrants, refugees and persons detained in Papua New Guinea struggle to get past the barriers of language and culture to get back to their homeland or to a third coun...
    Date2019.09.16 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views4944 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 54 Next
/ 54