Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20180521_MYM.jpg

Interview with Bro. Ambrose

By Our Own Correspondent

Myitkyina, Myanma, 19 May 2018 --

What’s make you happy or what fills your heart with joy?

During my stay in Myitkyina 24/7 with our boys in the VTC, especially when see their graduation, getting safe… These are the moments of deeper satisfaction. In spite of the daily difficulty, I’m happy in their midst.

Who was your Salesian Brother model?

I was attracted by Blessed Brother Artemide Zatti! I admire the way how he served so many people.

What does sustation your Salesian vocation?

Community life, presence among the boys – it’s fully engaging commitment. I’m trying to save them and in turn they are saving me! Even if I’m tempted my own ‘things’ but it would not compatible with my religious commitment, they protect me from these temptations.

How did you discern the Salesian Brother vocation?

I don’t’ know indeed why! There was something deep in my heart simply telling me, that in this form of Salesian vocation I can serve with more fruits. Jesus is my model as a Good Shepherd, now always weary the Salesian Cross… it reminds me to be Good shepherd for our boys. Their life is easily broken, very fragile is they are exposed to the society. Even though they might escape from Don Bosco to their previous temptation – easy to use drugs, broken families are not very supportive and it’s easy to do ‘bad things’ or just live without a purpouse.

What is your favourite prayer?

One Our Father and three Hail Mary, saying every day before already learnt in my childhood, from one of our catechists.

What can we do better for the Salesian Brother promotion in Myanmar?

No idea, but what is sure that the clericalism is very strong, but people notice the two forms, but they don’t’ ask about the Brother – see something different, but they don’t understand. Better to explain our vocation by action, since the mindset of the Catholics is just focused on the Priest. In the past we tried.. It’s not easy to help the ordinary Catholics to understand religious Brother vocation. Even among the Salesians, some don’t understand. Difficult to explain.

However MYM is a Salesian Brother friendly provincial community, but we need to improve. We don’t have much work for the Brothers. Eg. We run the VTC Myitkyina is here, but we still miss the system.

As participant in the previous 2013 EAO Brother Congress in Hua Hin?

Yes, I get know more Salesian Brother and learn, what they are doing there. Like one week long strong family experience, like a family coming from many different countries together.

Expectations from the 2018 EAO Brother Congress?

To learn some Salesian Brother experience in the other 22 countries and apply it here! For example about the management or administration of Don Bosco schools and Oratories.

What did you learn from Myitkyina boys?

I have learnt a lot from our boys. First - staying with them, there is a variety of characters. Like to become with them patiently, help me to get a vision for them. Now I’m more patient and unconditional acceptance, even some IDP (domestic refugees). Some of them have clear dream, they are really committed and they try. All troublemakers are Catholics. Majority are of good quality. Problem boys are our best friends.

As MYM Salesian brother coordinator? Any wish?

I would like to suggest that each Salesian Brother is prepared for a true professional work, to be committed to some practical work with appropriate skills. In this way also in front of the government our non-formal VTC with non-professional paradigm may improve the quality. We need to train little by little, one by one each Brother. After qualification studies some Brothers may substitute others in the mission field.

20180521_MYM1.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5810(III)_Six Newly Professed Young Salesians from Myanmar

By A.Maung Maung, SDB St. Joseph Chapel, Don Bosco Provincialate, Anisakan, Pyin Oo Lwin, Myanmar, 23 May 2022 -- Today, six young Salesians from the Vice-Province of Myanmar (MYM) have made their First Profession, in the presence of Fr. Bo...
    Date2022.05.23 CategoryMYM Reply1 Views1036 file
    Read More
  2. 5802(I)_New Rector for DB Yangon

By A. Maung Maung, SDB Don Bosco Provicialate, Anisakan, Myanmar, 7 May 2022 -- On 2 May 2022, Fr. Saw Thi Han Lwin Charles, SDB was installed as the new rector of Don Bosco Vocational Centre, Hlaing Tha Yar, Yangon, for a three-year term o...
    Date2022.05.08 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views1199 file
    Read More
  3. 5770(IV)_Silver Jubilee of St John Bosco Parish Church Lashio Diocese

By A. Maung Maung SDB Hsipaw City, Northern Shan State, Myanmar, 2 February 2022 -- On January 31, 2022, as we celebrated the feast day of our founder, St John Bosco, we also have had an opportunity to rejoice over the Silver Jubilee of St....
    Date2022.02.03 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views707 file
    Read More
  4. 5770(III)_Solidarity with less fortunate families

By AUNG ZAW WIN Bosco,SDB Myitkyina, Myanmar 30 January 2022 -- On the first day of 2022, God blessed our province with the new mission, St Michael Parish, entrusted by Myikyina diocese, in the northern state of Myanmar. This parish compris...
    Date2022.02.03 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views1120 file
    Read More
  5. 5764(I)_New Rector of Don Bosco Provincialate Installed…”

By A.Maung Maung,SDB Don Bosco Provicialate, Anisakan, Myanmar, 16 January 2022 -- On 15 January 2022, Fr. Leo Neng Khan Mang, SDB was installed as the new rector of Don Bosco Provincialate in Anisakan, for a three-year term of office. We b...
    Date2022.01.17 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views942 file
    Read More
  6. 5755_Entrustment of St Michael's Myo Thit Kyi Parish to Salesians

By A. Maung Maung, SDB Myitkyina, Kachin State, Myanmar, January 3 2022 -- On January 1 2022, as we welcomed the new year 2022 and celebrated the solemnity of the Holy Mother of God, a new parish of St Michael's Myo Thit Kyi, in Myikyin...
    Date2022.01.03 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views937 file
    Read More
  7. 5751(II)_Course for the vocational trainees and the gathering of the Past Pupils

By A. Maung Maung, SDB Don Bosco-Myitkyina, Myanmar, 22 December 2021 -- A full three-day course for the trainees at Don Bosco Vocational Centre was held by the youth commission of the vice-province of Myanmar, from 17-20 December 2021, in ...
    Date2021.12.23 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views734 file
    Read More
  8. 5748(II)_Quinquennium Course in MYM Viceprovince 2021

Anisakan, Myanmar, 16 December 2021 -- Twelve young Salesian priests from Myanmar Vice-province spent 3 days on their 'Quinquennium' Formation with the theme of "What Kind of Salesian for the Youth in Myanmar today" in the Anisakan ...
    Date2021.12.16 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views1376 file
    Read More
  9. 5729(I)_Salesian Brother Vocation Promoted in Myanmar

By A. Maung Maung, SDB Pyin Oo Lwin, Myanmar, 18 November 2021 -- On 13 November 2021, on the feast day of Bl. Artemides Zatti, SDB, who led the holy Salesian Brother Vocation till the last breath, Don Bosco Nazareth community organized a s...
    Date2021.11.18 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views1126 file
    Read More
  10. 5707(II)_Don Bosco Green Alliance Myanmar (DBGA-MYM) Hosted Virtual Ecological Awareness Program

By Taichi Miranda Myanmar, 9 October 2021 -- The annual Christian celebration of the Season of Creation 2021, which starts on 1 September and ends on 4 October, solemnly concluded in the Salesian Vice-Province of Myanmar with the online eco...
    Date2021.10.09 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views1000 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 Next
/ 16