?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20180522_MYM.jpg

Interview with Brother Dominic Sai

By Our Own Correspondent

Myitkyina, Myanmar, 19 May 2018 -- How to make the Salesian Brother identity more visible?

What’s make you happy or what fills your heart with joy?

When I witness with a good example and stay with the young people as servant of God. As Salesian Brother gradually I understand how is my vocation form different from the priest, discovering a precious gift.

What does sustain your vocation?

Prayer life, not only a working for the young, like a social worker but enjoying family spirit in the community it’s sustain my life. My favourite prayer is the Novena to Mary Help of Christians.

How did you discern the Salesian Brother vocation?

Before there were not many models, we met other Brothers in the Philippines or Thailand, they were simple, good life witness and easily approachable. Also Blessed Brothers Zatti and Sandor, are attracting me through their simple life.

Salesian Brother Vocation promotion in Myanmar Vice-province?

Difficult question. They told us – I’m asking also how can you understand. For the vocation discernment we need to make consider all Catholic Church vocation and all are the same way of holiness for the faithful. Not easy to explain to others / young or adults – parents. Good example, what I can give to the boys… totally giving.

Salesian Brothers need specialization, to be more confident in their mission like Vocation Training Center (VTC), at least some short courses in welding to be more useful for the benefit of our boys.

How do you envision the provincial community environment?

Yes, our MYM Vice-province is a Salesian Brother friendly environment. It’s OK, but we just need to continue to build this important condition for flourishing of one Salesian Vocation in two forms.

What do you treasure as participant in the previous EAO 2013 Congress (Hua Hin)?

I still treasure the sharing, what other province Brothers are doing. The life sharing was highly appreciated. We are trying to keep our identity as Salesian Priests and Brothers. We need to accompany our candidates and to guide them in the right path.

What expectation you bring to the EAO 2018 Salesian Brother Congress?

I keep deeply in my heart this question: How to make the identity more visible to the young people? What about the specific mission commitment of Brothers in other EAO countries? I would like to know, if all Salesian Brothers are only in the classroom or assisting like we do here in Myitkyina? Yes, I expect to widen my horizon about the Salesian Brother mission fields.

What did you learn from Myitkyina Vocation Training Center boys?

Our boys are rather challenging! I have learn during last year how to show good will, how to build the family spirit and live together. Our youth follow us as they feel us as their brothers and start to help each other. I have learn how to be happy in their midst, in spite of many headaches. Indeed to keep the discipline is not easy at all. They are just accustomed to their home village life.

How can Salesian Priest help the Salesian Brother vocation promotion?

In Anisakan the whole community prays for Salesian vocation (Brother and Priest) every day! Some topics related to Salesian Brother vocation can be shared in conference or homily, since most of the ordinary Catholics don’t know about this vocation. Another good initiative could be also to start the annual ‘ZATTI DAY or WEEK’ (around November 13), with talks prepared by the Brothers and supported by the Rectors (=Priests).

20180522_MYM1.jpg

20180522_MYM2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5939(III)_With Pope Francis praying and appealing for peace in Myanmar

Adapted from FIDES Agency MYM, 2 February 2023 -- There is a ghostly silence in the cities, villages and countryside of Myanmar today (February 1, 2023). Large parts of the civilian population, religious communities, associations, companies...
    Date2023.02.02 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views379 file
    Read More
  2. 5923(I)_Perpetual Profession in Myanmar

By A. Maung Maung, SDB Anisakan, Myanmar, 2 January 2023 -- Cl. Justin Aung Htet Zaw, SDB made his Perpetual Profession in the presence of Fr Bosco Nyi Nyi, SDB (the superior) on 30 December 2022, to live in Obedience, Poverty, and Chastity...
    Date2023.01.02 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views595 file
    Read More
  3. 5907(III)_Thanksgiving Mass for the gift of St. Artemides Zatti

By A.Maung Maung,SDB Anisakan, Myanmar, 12 December 2022 --The Vice-Province of Myanmar celebrated holy mass on December 10, 2022, at the Shrine of MHC, in order to thank the Good Lord for the canonization of St. Artemides Zatti. The mass, ...
    Date2022.12.12 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views397 file
    Read More
  4. 5906(II)_Presentation by Commissions MYM

By A. Maung Maung, SDB Anisakan, Pyin Oo Lwin, Myanmar, 12 December 2022 -- On December 09 2022, all the confreres all over Myanmar gathered in the hall of the Provincialate to listen to the presentations of the different commissions. The e...
    Date2022.12.12 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views481 file
    Read More
  5. 5905(III)_Two Salesians ordained priests in Myanmar

By A. Maung Maung, SDB Anisakan, Pyin Oo Lwin, Myanmar, 11 December 2022 --On 8 December 2022, at 7:00 a.m. local time, the Vice-Province of Myanmar was blessed with two newly ordained Salesian priests, namely Fr. Anthony Vallence, SDB and ...
    Date2022.12.11 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views867 file
    Read More
  6. 5888(III)_Short Visit of EAO Regional to Myanmar

By Fr. A. Maung Maung, SDB Anisakan, Pyin Oo Lwin, Myanmar 6 November 2022 -- The short visit of the EAO Regional, Fr. Joseph Nguyen Thinh Phuoc, SDB to the vice-province of Myanmar took place from October 28 to November 5 2022. Due to the ...
    Date2022.11.06 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views1131 file
    Read More
  7. 5888(II)_Death and funeral of Fr Joachim Ye Maung

By Fr. A. Maung Maung, SDB Anisakan, Pyin Oo Lwin, Myanmar , 6 November 2022 -- On October 31 2022, at 4:30 P.M, Fr. Joachim Ye Maung, SDB, one of the most senior confreres from the vice-province of Myanmar, returned to our Heavenly Father&...
    Date2022.11.06 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views1168 file
    Read More
  8. 5865(VI)_Myanmar Salesian Retreat

By Fr. Edward Sein Myint, SDB AnisakanPyin Oo Lwin, Myanmar, 12 September 2022 -- The Annual Spiritual Retreat for the 33 Salesian priests and perpetually professed confreres was held at Anisakna-Pyin Oo Lwin, Myanmar, from 5-10 September 2...
    Date2022.09.12 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views655 file
    Read More
  9. 5846(I)_New Novice Director well-equipped for his ministry of Accompaniment

MYM Vice-province, 5 August 2022 -- Prepared over a lengthy periodby the SDB Formation sector (RMG) the first batch of the 25 SDB Accompaniment School 'graduates' returned to their home provinces after 5 weeks in Don Bosco's pla...
    Date2022.08.05 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views566 file
    Read More
  10. 5843(I)_Myanmar SDBs blessed with a new Deacon

By A Maung Maung SDB Anisakan, Pyin Oo Lwin, Myanmar, 30 July 2022 -- On June 29 2022, at 7:00 a.m. (local time), the Vice-Province of Myanmar was blessed with another newly ordained Salesian Deacon, Henry Go Lam Thang, SDB, at the Shrine o...
    Date2022.07.31 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views545 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 Next
/ 16