Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1127 Comment 0

20160404_MYM.jpg

By Fr. Mariano Soe Naing
Photos by Fr. Leo Mang

Anisakan, Myanmar, April 4, 2016 - In the morning of April 4th, 2016 the 20 delegates of the MYM Vice-province Chapter 2016 gathered in the Anisakan, Don Bosco Retreat House for the official opening Eucharist and first working session. The PC 2016 is presided by the MYM Superior Fr. Charles Saw and the moderator of the Chapter is Fr. Mariano Soe. There are also invited other 14 observers from each Salesian presences in the Vice-province.

In their respective messages the Provincial Chapter delegates received wonderful encouragement and guidance:

From the Rector Major, Fr. Ángel Fernández Artime (video message)

"I would like to invite you especially to allow the Holy Spirit be present in your midst. Be courageous and open enough to do what the Lord inspire you to do! ... concretly asking you two specific points of attention: First - only in a strong brotherly communion is possible to move forward a hope filled future! Secondly - I invite you to consider with courage the very significance of each work you are engaged in your mission...”

From the Vicar of the Rector Major, Fr. Francesco Cereda (letter)

“As you begin this chapter you have all the reasons to rejoice and to thank God for the presence and guidance of the Holy Spirit in your moments of reflection, prayer, dialogue and deliberation. The grace of the Salesian charisma, which is very much alive in you, should create harmony, profound communion and a desire to discern together what the Lord and Don Bosco want for you and from you.”

From the EAO regional councillor, Fr. Václav Klement (email)

“From my part I'm sending as message just the attached picture of the GC27 Biblical Icon, main motivating symbol for the whole Congregation - Jesus 'The Vine and the branches' (John 15,1-11). I keep this icon always with me and will share it also during the visitation next July - August. As branches of the same tree, we are invited to grow together and the blood line is the Holy Spirit!”

From the Yangon archbishop Cardinal Charles Bo, SDB (letter)

“Let us build a real fraternal communion. We have left behind our family and form a new one. Let us love one another, let us forgive each other. That will give energy to our mission works. If our relationship is not brotherly, it sucks all our energy. Secondly, let us face our reality: our situation our brokenness, our failure to each other. We all are sinners and God’s mercy and our mercy for one another is greater than any of our mistakes.”

As another EAO provincial chapter is going on, we pledge to keep the Myanmar confreres in our prayer until the end of the PC 2016 on April 8. The Vicep-rovince of Mary Help of Christians was established in 2004 and since 2008 forms part of the EAO region. At present there are only 4 canonically erected communities and other 5 presences in Myanmar.

20160404_MYM1.jpg

20160404_MYM2.jpg

20160404_MYM3.jpg

20160404_MYM4.jpg

20160404_MYM5.jpg

20160404_MYM6.jpg

20160404_MYM7.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )