PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
ALA_5308

20200202_MYM.jpg

A Wonderful gift to Burmese youth

By Fr. Leo Mang

Anisakan - Myanmar, 1 February 2020 -- After long years of patient work by Fr Edward Ba Si (Myint), one of the senior translators in Myanmar, the beautiful biography of Blessed Ceferino Namuncura has been published in Burmese. The original book 'Bury me Deep', written by Fr Peter Lappin and translated already into many languages during the past 40 years, was published with the collaboration of a large team of lay mission partners and Salesian confreres.

The 220+ page publication with black & white original photos from Argentina taken during Ceferino's lifetime, was published in a thousand copy print run and the distribution through the Salesian Family network is ongoing. Our hope is that many young people in Myanmar will be inspired by the first generation Christian Ceferino Namuncura, who attracts everybody through his life witness and motto: "I would like to be useful to my people!"

Together with his novitiate companion Cardinal Charles Bo, we congratulate Fr Edward for another successful publication and wish him a good health in his translation work that needs a lot of patience and consistent effort, research and collaborative team work.

20200202_MYM1.jpg

20200202_MYM2.jpg

20200202_MYM3.jpg

20200202_MYM4.jpg

20200202_MYM5.jpg

20200202_MYM6.jpg