?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 581 Comment 2

IMG-20220817-WA0003.jpg

By our own correspondent

Seoul, South Korea, 22 August 2022 -- SIGNIS - The World Catholic Association for Communication (established in 2001) is a Vatican accredited organization of Catholic lay journalists and communicators working in the fields of TV, Radio, Cinema (Film), Journalism, Internet and Media Education. Among the 130 'national' members of all 5 continents are also two SDB institutions, Don Bosco Radio (Madagascar) and TV NOE (Czech Republic) on behalf of these two countries. And many other Salesian Family institutions or leaders are members of this world-wide network.

Since the foundation of SIGNIS (Sign + Ignis = meaning message and light a fire), the World Congress has been held in 2000 in Italy (Rome), 2005 in France (Lyons), 2009 in Thailand (Chiang Mai), 2014 in Italy (Rome) and the 2017 World Congress in Canada (Quebec). Among the 'International members of SIGNIS' present have been also Salesians of Don Bosco International and some other 10+ religious global networks.

The SIGNIS world congress participants very much appreciated the Message of Pope Francis and also the FABC (Federation of Asian Bishops Confrerences) President, Cardinal Charles Bo, SDB. Among the 91 non-Korean participants in Seoul were also 3 SDBs (ANS director Fr Harris Pakkham, PGS SIGNIS Fr Ambrose Pereira and Fr Vaclav Klement) as well 3 SDBs from KOR province (Fr Henry Woo, Fr Paul Kang and Fr Andrew Chang) and many 'Friends of Don Bosco' from all continents (Vietnam, India, Panama, Bangladesh, Malawi and Hungary).

The rich program dealt with very relevant topics in today's world: Peace and the Digital world, Fake news and Trust, Climate Change - from the Catholic communications point of view, although many other non-Catholic experts contributed (on and off-line) to this 3 day program. Among the youngest contributors was Korean Family member, Ms. Choe Junk-kyeong, who shared her own experience on 'Environmentalism in Everyday Life' as a Trend. As a podcast producer she was involved in the Salesian Youth Center (Seoul) and in 'Friends of Beluga & (FHEW: Friends of Heaven, Earth and Water).

Given that the SIGNIS World Congress was organized in Seoul, there was a broad opportunity to experience Korean culture (from -Pop to the traditional Korean royal palace), the Korean Catholic Church - both in the Seoul city context (outing to the North Korean boarder, Mass in the Seoul cathedral and Martyrs Shrine Soe-so-moon) as well in the digital world (impact and evangelization opportunity with K-Pop, a new movie about the first Korean Priest, Saint Kim Andrew dae-gon). For international participants to the SIGNIS it was also a chance to visit Salesian Family educative and pastoral settings in Seoul (SDB, FMA and Caritas Sisters of Jesus).

This 2022 SIGNIS world congress is over, but the rich materials are available in the digital space - five sessions (each 3-4 hours) are available on the YouTube channels of the CBCP (Korean Catholic Broadcasting) in English and Korean versions as well on the SIGNIS world social media. These 15 hour videos offer top-quality formation materials open to all!

Multiple messages and inspirations of this world level Catholic communication event are 'in our hands' - to understand better the movement of present cultures and societies within digital dynamics; to learn how to network within and outside the Catholic Church for the sake of the Gospel and people in need; to learn from highly committed journalists and communicators who are courageous actors on the frontline of many conflicts and wars as tools of peace.

Personally I offer from my heart the Prayer-Song of Saint Francis of Assisi: Lord, make me an instrument of your peace!

SIGNIS World

SIGNIS Seoul 2022 (Korea Catholic CBCP: ENGLISH channel)

Day 1: August 16

Day 2: August 17

Day 3: August 18 (AM session)

SIGNIS Facebook - Seoul 2022 videos

SIGNIS Seoul 2022 (KOREAN channel - Live streaming, Aug 16-18)

Related news articles:

IMG-20220815-WA0035.jpg

IMG-20220816-WA0033.jpg

IMG-20220821-WA0006.jpg

Korea-flag.jpg

MF1_1652431877_swc-prayer.jpg

Screenshot-(474).jpg

Screenshot-(477).jpg

SIGNIS-2018-Quebec.jpg

SIGNIS-members-2021.jpg

SIGNIS-Paolo-Vatican.jpg

SIGNIS-Seoul-2022-archbishop-Peter-Chung.jpg

SWC2022_logo-edit.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5980_Vocations Sunday in Korea

By KOR SC Seoul, Korea, 4 May 2023 -- On April 30, 2023, the Korean Salesian province held a Vocations Sunday event. 25 young men and 30 young women participated in the event, accompanied by 15 SDB confreres and 20 FMA sisters. The vocation...
    Date2023.05.05 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views417 file
    Read More
  2. 5955(I)_Korea: Listening to God on the way to WYD 2023 in Lisbon

Seoul, South Korea, 14 March 2023 -- Last weekend, 12 March, the SYM (Salesian Youth Movement) Korea prepared another young adults recollection in Seoul, Daerim-dong Salesian Youth Center. The SYM event was attended by 44 young people, eigh...
    Date2023.03.14 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views551 file
    Read More
  3. 5953(I)_Eight boys reborn as children of God: Baptism in Don Bosco Oratorio

By DBYC Don Bosco Youth Center, Seoul, Korea, 10 March 2023 -- On 8 March, a day when spring was in full bloom, even though in the middle of the Lenten season, a special feast took place at the Don Bosco Oratorio. Eight young people were ba...
    Date2023.03.10 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views984 file
    Read More
  4. 5942(I)_Ordination of two Salesian deacons in Seoul

By our own correspondent Seoul, Korea, 8 February 2023 -- Two Salesians deacons - Lee chang-min (Marciano) and Kim Beom-jun (Stefano) were ordained deacon on 31 January 2023 during the Eucharistic celebration in the Seoul SDB provincial hou...
    Date2023.02.08 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views364 file
    Read More
  5. 5935(I)_Korea province blessed with new Salesians and two finally professed

By SDB Soc Com Seoul, Korea, 28 January 2023 -- On the same day, 27 January 2023, the First and Final Religious Professions were celebrated in the 'Holy Korean Martyrs' Province. The whole provincial community of Korea (Provincial F...
    Date2023.01.28 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views429 file
    Read More
  6. 5913(I)_Salesians offer the Korea Catholic Community quality YM reflection

Salesian Youth Spirituality Research Center, Seoul, South Korea, 19 December 2022 -- Last week the Salesian Youth Spirituality Research Center (Seoul - South Korea) launched by the SDB province a few years ago (Director Fr Moses Yoon) with ...
    Date2022.12.19 CategoryKOR Reply2 Views367 file
    Read More
  7. 5898(I)_Canonization Pilgrimage of Salesian Brothers Time of Grace (3)

By Brother Philip Yoo, SDB Gwangju - South Korea, 22 November 2022 -- First, I would like to thank you for giving me the opportunity to attend the canonization ceremony of the glorious and graceful Brother Zatti. With a fluttering heart, I ...
    Date2022.11.22 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views343 file
    Read More
  8. 5897(I)_Symposium on 400th anniversary of St Francis de Sales in Seoul

Salesian Youth Spirituality Research Center, Seoul, Korea, 21 November 2022 -- On 5 November 2022 the province of Korea (KOR, provincial Fr. Timothy Choi) organized a well'prepared Symposium to mark the 400th anniversary of Saint Franci...
    Date2022.11.21 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views450 file
    Read More
  9. 5893(III)_SYM Korea and Korean Youth active in environmental movement

By Ms Choe JunKyeong SYM Seoul South Korea, 14 November 2022 -- Pope Francis' call for ecological conversion has inspired millions around the world, mostly the younger generations of Catholics and people from all walks of life. South Ko...
    Date2022.11.15 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views406 file
    Read More
  10. 5885(IV)_How to become a digital missionary today in Korea?

Provincial House, Seoul, Korea, 25 October 2022 -- Carefully planned and prepared by the Missions and Social Communication commissions of Korean SDB province, some 200 members of the Salesian Family enjoyed the 'Salesian Mission Day 202...
    Date2022.10.25 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1538 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21 Next
/ 21