?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 363 Comment 0

KOR-2-new-deacons.jpg

By our own correspondent

Seoul, Korea, 8 February 2023 -- Two Salesians deacons - Lee chang-min (Marciano) and Kim Beom-jun (Stefano) were ordained deacon on 31 January 2023 during the Eucharistic celebration in the Seoul SDB provincial house chapel. The officiating prelate was the Auxiliary Bishop of Seoul Archdiocese, Timothy Yu Gyoung-chon.

Three hundred members of the Salesian family, relatives, friends, a good number of diocesan priests and a large representation from the home parishes of the two new deacons gathered on the Feast day of Don Bosco. The Mass choir was animated by a joint effort from Salesian Family members.

At the end of the Eucharistic celebration a simple Salesian style Academy took place with few dance items by the young people, the two new deacons (thanksgiving dance), a special hymn by the choir and a pre-recorded short drama on screen.

At the end, the SDB provincial of Korea, Fr Timothy Choi, after a heartfelt thanksgiving shared Don Bosco's dream about the rose garden wishing all the faithful and Salesian Family members a daily journey towards holiness. And Bishop Timothy Yu, who had been touched by the models of Don Bosco and St Dominic Savio in his childhood, expressed the wish that the Salesian spirituality of Don Bosco would spread far and wide around Korea through the witnessing of his sons and daughters.

KOR-2-deacon-dance.jpg

KOR-2-deacon-invitation-2023.jpg

KOR-2-deacon-thanks.jpg

KOR-2-deacon-their-rector-Fr-Bosco-Park.jpg

KOR-2-deacon.jpg

KOR-parishioners-congrats.jpg

Screenshot-(3685).jpg

Screenshot-(3686).jpg

Screenshot-(3694).jpg

Screenshot-(3695).jpg

FB_IMG_1675278000416.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5980_Vocations Sunday in Korea 0

2. 5955(I)_Korea: Listening to God on the way to WYD 2023 in Lisbon 0

3. 5953(I)_Eight boys reborn as children of God: Baptism in Don Bosco Oratorio 0

4. 08Feb
    by ceteratolle
    2023/02/08 in KOR
    Views 363 

5942(I)_Ordination of two Salesian deacons in Seoul 0

5. 5935(I)_Korea province blessed with new Salesians and two finally professed 0

6. 5913(I)_Salesians offer the Korea Catholic Community quality YM reflection 2

7. 5898(I)_Canonization Pilgrimage of Salesian Brothers Time of Grace (3) 0

8. 5897(I)_Symposium on 400th anniversary of St Francis de Sales in Seoul 0

9. 5893(III)_SYM Korea and Korean Youth active in environmental movement 0

10. 5885(IV)_How to become a digital missionary today in Korea? 0

List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21 Next
/ 21