?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 422 Comment 0

TLS6.jpg

By TLS SocCom Team

Fatumaca, Timor Leste, 10 December 2022 -- On 8 December 2022, in celebrating the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception, TLS Vice-Province also celebrated the first profession of 22 young men who willingly answered “YES” to God’s call in the Salesian Congregation. Among them, there were 21 Clerics and one Salesian Brother.

In vocation, there are two entities in the dialogue, the one who calls and the one who answers. It is true that vocation first of all is the initiative of God, while men simply answer God’s call. Men with their total disposition answered God’s call in collaborating with God in His Universal Plan of Salvation. These 22 young men, after one year of formation in the Salesian House of Formation in Fatumaca under the guidance of their novice master, Fr. Isaías Bonifácio, SDB, have expressed their “YES” to God wholeheartedly.

The Mass was celebrated by Fr. Provincial, Fr. Anacleto Pires, SDB. In his homily, aside from expanding the reflection on the Marian Dogma of the Immaculate Conception, Fr. Provincial invited all the parents to collaborate and support their children in their chosen vocation. Then, the homilist requested the newly professed to answer God’s call in faith and obedience based on the chosen motto from the Gospel of Luke, “Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. Be it done to me according to your word” (Lk 1,38). This is indeed an expression of faith.

This is truly our lives as consecrated persons. We search to follow God’s will and not vice-versa. Furthermore, Fr. Provincial advised the newly Salesian professed to live according to the demands of the chosen gospel passage as their motto and the Constitutions and regulations of the Society of St. Francis de Sales.

After the Eucharistic Celebration, the newly professed received their first obedience to go for their philosophical studies and some other missions in other Salesian communities in the Vice-Province. Hence, 16 of them will sent to the Post-Novitiate Community for Philosophy and the other 6 will be sent to different communities for pastoral work while waiting for their philosophical studies next year.

On the same day, the admission of the New Novices was held in a Solemn Vespers that was led by the Rector of the Community of Fatumaca, Fr. Davíd Savio, SDB. There were 26 Novices who are committed for this challenging year of preparation for becoming a Salesian. In his short reflection, Fr. Rector requested the Salesians to live authentic life in the Salesian lifestyle in witnessing to a true way of life for the newly admitted novices. On the other hand, Fr. Davíd also invited the Novices to be conscious of their motivation in following Christ.

Let us continue to pray for the 22 Newly professed as they begin their consecrated life, single-mindedly pursuing the path of holiness. For the New admitted Novices, let us accompany them with our humble prayers that they may have a fruitful formation in purifying the motivation in this sacred path.

TLS2.jpg

TLS3.jpg

TLS4.jpg

TLS5.jpg

TLS7.jpg

TLS8.jpg

TLS9.jpg

TLS10.jpg

TLS11.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5905(II)_22 Young Men answer "Yes" to God's Call

By TLS SocCom Team Fatumaca, Timor Leste, 10 December 2022 -- On 8 December 2022, in celebrating the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception, TLS Vice-Province also celebrated the first profession of 22 young men who willingly answered &ldqu...
    Date2022.12.11 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views422 file
    Read More
  2. 5895(II)_Thanksgiving Mass for Zatti’s Canonization, an intercessor for all!

By J. Mota SDB Dili, Timor Leste, 18November 2022 -- On Saturday, 12 November 2022, one day before the feast day of the newly canonized saint, the Salesian Family in TLS Vice-Province celebrated a thanksgiving Mass presided by His Eminence ...
    Date2022.11.18 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views376 file
    Read More
  3. 5879(II)_Elise Larsen's fascinating and inspiring Volunteer story

By Elise Larsen DB Training Centre, Timor Leste, 12 October 2022 -- 1. Introduction Let me tell you a little about myself. I was born in Brisbane, Australia and lived there until I was in my early twenties. After I had finished my tertiary ...
    Date2022.10.13 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views549 file
    Read More
  4. 5878(II)_The Celebration of the Canonization of Blessed Artemides Zatti across the TLS Vice-Province

By TLS Soccom team Dili, Timor Leste, 10 October 2022 -- It is with great and enthusiasm that the Salesian congregation in the whole world celebrated the canonization of the blessed Artemides Zatti to the stage of Sainthood. The same, here ...
    Date2022.10.11 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views457 file
    Read More
  5. 5877(III)_Church dedicated to St Callistus Caravario inaugurated in Uaimori Tula

By TLS Soc Com Team Uamori Tula, Timor Leste, 7 October 2022 -- It was a great joy for the people of Uaimori Tula. What they have been waiting and looking for for so many years, finally, they have received it. Uaimori Tula is well known as ...
    Date2022.10.09 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views428 file
    Read More
  6. 5871(III)_Living Laudato Si' in the EAO region

By our own correspondent Dili - Fatumaca - Los Palos, Timor Leste 25 September 2022 -- The 2020 Season of Creation (Sept 1 - Oct 4) is going slowly to the end and we may to share some small but important fruits from across the East Asia-Oce...
    Date2022.09.25 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views665 file
    Read More
  7. 5869(I)_TLS Salesian Youth Ministry Resumes Gathering at National Level

Dili, Timor-Leste, 17 September 2022 -- The Salesian Youth Movement in the TLS Vice-Province resumes its gathering after two years of interruption due to Covid-19 and its restrictions. Fr. Nelson Gonçalves, SDB as the Delegate of the...
    Date2022.09.17 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views439 file
    Read More
  8. 5866(III)_One Chapel and One School inaugurated in Kaiwá

By TLS Soc Com Team Liaruca, Timor-Leste 13 September 2022 -- After some months of construction, a chapel-school building was finally inaugurated on Sunday, 11 September 2022. The Minister of Education, His Excellency Armindo Maia, PhD was ...
    Date2022.09.13 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views363 file
    Read More
  9. 5866(II)_Laudato Si' on the Move at St. John Bosco Comoro Training Center-Dili

By Fr. Jolino Vieira, SDB Comoro, Dili, Timor-Leste, 13 September 2022 -- The Season of Creation 2022 with the theme “Listen to the Voice of Creation” started on September 1 (the day of praying for the care of creation) and it w...
    Date2022.09.13 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views367 file
    Read More
  10. 5864(IV)_Perpetual Profession of Joãozinho Joko Purwanto, SDB

By Julio Mota, SDB Comoro, Dili. Timor-Leste, 8 September 2022 -- After having completed his studies in Indonesia, Brother Joãozinho Joko Purwanto, SDB (aka Bro. Joko) finally made his perpetual profession as a Salesian Brother. Befo...
    Date2022.09.10 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views1018 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 26 Next
/ 26