austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20200904_TLS1.jpg

By Ms. Juvita Rodrigues Barreto de Ataíde Gonçalves

Timor-Leste, 4 September 2020 -- On the morning of 28 August 2020, Pope Francis received the credentials of the new RDTL (East Timor) Ambassador to the Holy See. We are happy to share an interview with Ms Juvita Rodrigues with the austraLasia readership. She brings her strong experience of the Salesian Family to Rome as a member of ADMA back home for the past 26 years.

What are your feelings as the fresh, new ambassador of your young and majority Catholic country to the Holy See?

I am proud and honored by the trust to be able represent my Government and my country of East Timor (RDTL) together at the Holy See. It is known that the people of Timor Leste hold a strong belief in the Roman Catholic Church. During our struggle for independence, the Holy See has shown its great contribution and enormous support in finding our way to self-determination. As it is recorded, back in 1989, His Holiness St. John Paul II, made a visit to East Timor that marked a new history in our long struggles in fighting for our freedom and independence. That papal visit was considered as one of the moments and opportunities to introduce to the international community the story of the people of East Timor in fighting colonialism. Furthermore, I feel privileged to represent East Timor with the Holy See and hope that the great relationship between the people of East Timor and the Holy See will become stronger. I pray that the blessing of Our Lord Jesus Christ will always be alive in our hearts.

As mother of five children and committed member of the Salesian Family, an ADMA member, what brings the Salesian spirit to your family life, to your Catholic faith and to the work within society in RDTL?

I grew up in a devout Catholic family, and as a member of ADMA (Association of Mary Help of Christians). Hence the Salesian Family has contributed and formed my personality. When I was young, I participated in many Salesian activities, like the Youth organizations. Through that program I have had the opportunity to meet new people and learn new social skills. My personal experience with ADMA was a great experience: beside strengthening my faith and devotion to Mother Mary, I personally experienced many concrete blessings from Mother Mary for me and in my family. I will continue to bring the spirit of ADMA and the Salesian Family to my own family and will continue to introduce the Salesian spirit to other families as well.

God willing, in 2021 the Timor Leste ADMA members will be welcoming the 2nd ADMA Congress of East Asia-Oceania. Would you like to address them?

Dear ADMA members in the East Asia – Oceania region, God bless all of you! Next ADMA Congress will be a blessing for you when you can gather together in East Timor. I am happy for this moment, but since I can’t greet each one of you, I can only share my short message:

“To all of you, ADMA members living in many countries of East Asia – Oceania, and especially the ADMA of Timor Leste: to all of you keep praying and keep disseminating devotion to Our Lady Mary Help of Christians, and what you know about miracles because miracles are real.

I joined ADMA (Association of Mary help of Christians) in 1994, when I was still young., I have had many experiences and seen many miracles in my life. Today when I become a new ambassador to the Holy See, this is another bigger reality, another miracle in my life. Indeed, I never thought to be an ambassador, but with God nothing is impossible!

And I believe that with Mary you will see what the miracles are! So for all you, don’t forget pray to Mary and entrust everything in your life to Mary!”

Obrigada! Thank you very much!

Ms Juvita Rodrigues Barreto de Ataíde Gonçalves

Related news articleS:

20200904_TLS1.jpg

20200904_TLS2.jpg

20200904_TLS3.jpg

20200904_TLS4.jpg

20200904_TLS5.jpg

20200904_TLS6.jpg

20200904_TLS7.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5501(II)_TLS: Instituto Filosófico de S. Francisci de Sales (IFFS)

ALA_5501 First Graduation after eight years of its existence (2012-2020) By Fr. Manny Pinto, SDB Rector of the Iinstitute Comoro, Dili, Timor Leste, 4 November 2020 -- On Saturday 31 October 2020 the Philosophical Institute of St. Francis ...
    Date2020.11.04 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views668 file
    Read More
  2. 5499_Annual Retreat of the TLS Vice-Province, Dare-Dili

ALA_5499 By Fr. Jolino Vieira, SDB Dili, Timor-Leste 1 November 2020 -- The annual retreat this year was held during these trying times that CoVid-19 is still roaming around. This annual retreat of the first batch is quite special for a fe...
    Date2020.11.01 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views1414 file
    Read More
  3. 5488(II)_Fr. Ilídio Correia, SDB: A faithful son of Don Bosco

ALA_5488 The first Timorese Salesian priest to die By Fr.J. Mota, SDB Fatumaca, Timor Leste, 19 October 2020 -- After one year of the passing away of Fr. João de Deus Pires, SDB , the Salesian Family in Timor Leste Vice-Province (TLS), par...
    Date2020.10.20 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views817 file
    Read More
  4. 5485(III)_Joint vocation animation in Los Palos Public Secondary school

ALA_5485 By Fr. Isaias Bonifacio, SDB Los Palos - Timor Leste, 13 October 2020 -- When we speak of vocation, we speak of the One who calls and the one who answers the call. God calls to carry out something, and we who answer, we must show ...
    Date2020.10.14 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views459 file
    Read More
  5. 5482(II)_How do our novices speak about their Salesian Vocation?

ALA_5482 Vocation in Timor? - Saida mak vocasaun? By our own correspondent Fatumaca - Timor Leste, 9 October 2020 -- The National Shrine of Mary Help of Christians is at the heart of the large Timor Leste Motherhouse of Fatumaca, quite far...
    Date2020.10.09 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views680 file
    Read More
  6. 5480(III)_TLS: A monument: silent testimony of an expression of gratitude

ALA_5480 By Fr. J Mota, SDB Quelicai, Timor Leste, 3 October 2020 -- On the first Saturday of October the Salesian parish community in Quelicai celebrated the belated feast day of their patroness saint, St. Therese of the Child Jesus. The ...
    Date2020.10.06 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views568 file
    Read More
  7. 5476(IV)_In loving memory of Fr. João de Deus Pires, SDB

ALA_5476 By Fr.J. Mota, SDB National Shrine of MHC of Fatumaca, Timor Leste, 26 September 2020 -- On the last Saturday of the month of September, the Salesian Family in Timor-Leste commemorated one year of the passing away of Fr. João de D...
    Date2020.10.01 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views663 file
    Read More
  8. 5474(I)_Harvesting the vegetable garden in Los Palos

ALA_5474 Season of Creation 2020 By Fr. Bonifacius Isaias, SDB Lost Palos, Timor Leste, 24 September 2020 -- Los Palos' green vegetable farm is growing and producing, especially in these difficult times! We are the most distant community i...
    Date2020.09.25 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views1165 file
    Read More
  9. 5464(II)_Vocation Animation in Timor Leste 2020

ALA_5464 By Fr. Isaias Bonifacio Ainaro, Timor Leste, 5 September 2020 -- The Vocation Animation Team led by Fr Isaias Bonifacio SDB has reached out to spread the seed of the Salesian Vocation to the young students at the Diocesan Secondar...
    Date2020.09.09 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views513 file
    Read More
  10. 5462_Interview with the newly appointed ambassador of RDTL to the Holy See

By Ms. Juvita Rodrigues Barreto de Ataíde Gonçalves Timor-Leste, 4 September 2020 -- On the morning of 28 August 2020, Pope Francis received the credentials of the new RDTL (East Timor) Ambassador to the Holy See. We are happy...
    Date2020.09.04 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views1304 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 26 Next
/ 26