Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 912 Comment 0

20190326_GIA.jpg

Arakawa-san -- Japan's new Salesian -- now walks with Don Bosco

By Mr Chihiro Okawa, EXDB

Tokyo, Japan, 25 March 2019 -- At 2 pm, the Feast of Annunciation of the Lord, young novice Maximiliano Maria Kolbe Arakawa took the first profession of vows and started his vocation as a Salesian, especially for poor youth, at Chofu Salesian Seminary (Tokyo), before God, with around 200 people witnessing.

In his homily at the mass, Fr Provincial, Jacob Hamaguchi, SDB said , "As you walk the religious life, please pray to and imitate Our Lady St Mary, who was whispered to by God and invited to give birth and raise Jesus, and said Yes. Please live according to the desires of God and your vows. I also hope today will be a good opportunity for each of the participants to respond again to God's invitation with joy."

Fr Paul Tamura, SDB, the Rector of the Chofu Salesian Seminary, who was in charge of the introduction of the new Salesian today, said, “From violin to rakugo (Japanese traditional comic storytelling), Arakawa-san is truly versatile, and for the spiritual preparation for today, he walked with prayers from Fukuoka, his birthplace, to Nagasaki, the place of execution of Japan 26 saints. Arakawa-san, when you profess your perpetual vows, please walk from Kyoto, the starting point of the 26 saints to Nagasaki. It will be a long-way, but a very good pilgrimage! " (Laughs) . And Fr Provincial added at once "Arakawa-san, I will see you off in Kyoto at that time!” The chapel broke out in laughter. Fr Provincial also encouraged him to walk the religious life always with everyone, and with joy as a Salesian of Don Bosco.

Cl. Arakawa, who stood for a last greeting, expressed gratitude to the Salesians, his family members, and the participants, and said, "Because the days of the Novitiate were so enjoyable, I asked Fr. Michael Lap Haruyama, SDB, ‘please let me train for one more year.’ But his answer was of course ‘No.’ (Laughs) Today I have dedicated myself to God, and my parents also have dedicated me as their only son to God. I will continue to pray for you everyone, so please pray for me, too, " he said, and received warm applause.

Unfortunately, there are no novices in Japan from April. Today, everyone shared the joy of the birth of a new Salesian, but more your continued prayers and support for more vocations for Salesian priests and brothers are most welcome!

20190326_GIA1.jpg

20190326_GIA2.jpg

20190326_GIA3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5228(IV)_Gathered together to enliven the Salesian spirit in Japan

By Prenovice Lorenzo Ruiz Hasegawa Tokyo, Japan, 16 October 2019 -- The Assembly of the Salesian Family was held at the Salesian Formation house, Chofu, Tokyo on 14 October 2019. This assembly was set for the occasion of the visit of the Mo...
    Date2019.10.16 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views2051 file
    Read More
  2. 5227_The Salesian Family in Japan prepares for Pope Francis' visit

By SC Office GIA Tokyo, Japan, 15 October 2019 -- Pope Francis will visit Thailand (20-23 Nov) and Japan (23 -26 Nov). In both countries the Catholics are a tiny minority (0.3% of the whole population in Thailand and even less in Japan). Fo...
    Date2019.10.15 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views626 file
    Read More
  3. 5168(III)_47th Salesian Bible Camp in Japan

By Fr. Antonio Takei, SDB Norijiko (Lake Nojiri), Japan, 12 August 2019 -- Lake Nojiriko is located in the town of Shinano, Kamiminochi District, Nagano Prefecture (Northern Japan). The 47th Bible Camp has been conducted in this beautiful n...
    Date2019.08.14 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views891 file
    Read More
  4. 5140(III)_First Salesian Lay Mission Partners Handbook published in Japan

By Mr. Chihiro Okawa, EXDB Associate professor at Kanagawa University Tokyo, Japan, 15 July 2019 -- In the Salesian school and education institutions, parishes and social works, we have finally published a guide for all people who work for ...
    Date2019.07.15 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1029 file
    Read More
  5. 5133(I)_GIA Celebrates Provincial Community Day

By Lorenzo Ruiz Hasegawa Chofu, Tokyo, Japan, 8 June 2019 –- Provincial Community Day of the Salesians of Don Bosco Japan Province was held in Salesian Seminary at Chofu, Tokyo 8 July 2019. Salesians from various communities in Japan gather...
    Date2019.07.09 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1568 file
    Read More
  6. 5130_How to attract young people to Salesian Parishes

The 49th Annual Salesian Parish Gathering of Tokyo Metropolitan Area By Mr Chihiro Okawa, EXDB Tokyo, Japan, 30 June 2019 -- The 49th annual Salesian Parish Gathering was held on 30th June at Mikawashima Parish (Arakawa-ku, Tokyo). About 15...
    Date2019.07.01 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1426 file
    Read More
  7. 5112(I)_Fr. Joseph Emi Zenkichi, 97 years - entered the Salesian garden

By Bro Tetsushi Francis Sudo, SDB Prov. Secretary Tokyo, Japan, 5 June 2019 -- The most senior Salesian in the Japan Province, Fr Joseph Emi Zenkichi, passed peacefully away to the house of the Father at the hospital in Beppu (Kyushu island...
    Date2019.06.10 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1129 file
    Read More
  8. 5110(IV)_Japan - Provincial Chapter 2019

By Fr. Nobuyuki Tamura, SDB Yamanaka, Japan, 6 June 2019 -- The Japan Province of the Salesians of Don Bosco opened its the Provincial Chapter on 2 June, with 29 SDB delegates. It was held at the retreat house of Salesian sisters in Yamanak...
    Date2019.06.07 CategoryGIA Reply1 Views763 file
    Read More
  9. 5099(II)_Famous Manga Artist's Don Bosco Posters available for the Salesians

By GIA SC Tokyo, Japan, 25 May 2019 -- We are happy to share that the Six Panels about Don Bosco (Life story, Education and Spirituality), that were produced in 2015 for the DB200 anniversary are available under certain condition to all EAO...
    Date2019.05.26 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views663 file
    Read More
  10. 5048(III)_A pilgrimage of preparation for first vows

Arakawa-san -- Japan's new Salesian -- now walks with Don Bosco By Mr Chihiro Okawa, EXDB Tokyo, Japan, 25 March 2019 -- At 2 pm, the Feast of Annunciation of the Lord, young novice Maximiliano Maria Kolbe Arakawa took the first profession ...
    Date2019.03.26 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views912 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 24 Next
/ 24