Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
ALA_4974

20190109_GIA.jpg

Interview with Fr Achile Loro Piana

By Our Own Correspondent

Tokyo, Japan, 8 January 2019 -- A further interview with a Salesian Delegate to the Cooperators, this time from Japan.

What makes you happy as the Salesian Cooperator Delegate?

Obviously, what makes me happy as the Salesian Cooperator Delegate is the chance to come into contact with people who love Don Bosco and share his values. Their lay Salesianity enriches and completes my religious Salesianity. I feel happy when I see that the Cooperators understand that their vocation and life is the realization of Don Bosco's dream. Since the beginning of the Valcocco Oratory he had wanted many people to help him in his work for the young. I have taken part in four EAO regional congresses and two World congresses of the Salesian Cooperators Association: meeting Cooperators from all over our EAO and from around the world is a marvellous experience.

What helps the Salesian Cooperators grow in their vocation?

I think that what makes Salesian Cooperators grow, especially where their vocation is concerned, is a clear idea and healthy practice of the principle of autonomy. The delegate will show understanding, provide good input and words of encouragement, but they themselves have to walk toward their objectives and goals. And this can also be said about finding new vocations. The vocation of the Salesian Cooperator will grow and strengthen in proportion to their commitment to their concern for the vocation of others.

What are the major challenges in the vocation growth of the Salesian Cooperators?

Obviously the challenges vary according to provinces. In Japan the fact that a good number of Salesian Cooperators are no longer young creates many challenges. The implementation of a Salesian Cooperator’s vocation and mission varies according to age. The challenge is a twofold one: the first would be to help the “no longer young Cooperators” to find the way to live their vocation and the second would be to help the young ones to live the project of life.

How do you prepare yourself as Delegate to the Salesian Cooperators?

Praying for them is the first step in preparation. The next step is to deepen my knowledge of the spirit of Don Bosco and Salesianity in general. I try to get news about the Salesian Family both at EAO and world level that I can share with them: I realize that that is especially profitable for those who are not familiar with the internet.

What kind of exchange among the EAO Salesian Cooperators do you dream about?

Involvement in EAO regional meetings is very good and helpful, but there are other kinds of exchange, like that of the two Filipino Cooperators who were recently warmly welcome by Cooperators from the Yokkaichi and Osaka group.

What do you expect from the 2019 EAO Formators Workshop in Cambodia?

I expect the presentation of broad guidelines for formation that can be put into practice depending on the different situation and scale of the provinces.

How do you put the four pillars of formation into practice?

I think it is important to make good discernment, through dialogue, to find out what we can do and what we cannot do, what is relevant for us and what might be secondary in our context and situation. We have an excellent “Guidelines and indications” book for formation. I think that for the Japanese Cooperators it is very important to deepen their understanding of Chapter One where the Human, Christian and Salesian dimensions are well presented and explained.

20190109_GIA1.jpg

20190109_GIA2.jpg

20190109_GIA3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5022(III)_For Better Development and Communication

The Brand New Leaflet and Website of Don Bosco Past Pupils Japan By Mr Chihiro Okawa, EXDB Tokyo, Japan, 28 February 2019 -- The Japan Federation of Don Bosco Alumni, chaired by President Mr Hiroshi Yoshida (the Honorary Advisor of the Osak...
    Date2019.02.28 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views642 file
    Read More
  2. 5008(II)_Let us sound the Joy of Holiness!

Salesian Family Spirituality Seminar 2019 in Tokyo By Mr Chihiro Okawa, EXDB Tokyo, Japan, 9 February 2019 -- The Salesian Family Spirituality Seminar 2019 (Tokyo) was held on 9 February at the Provincial House of the Caritas Sisters of Jes...
    Date2019.02.12 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1014 file
    Read More
  3. 5004(II)_Don Bosco Celebrations at the Salesian Aspirantate in Yokkaichi

By Fr Antonio Takei Yokkaichi, Japan, 7 February 2019 -- Among the 35 participants for the feast day of St John Bosco were Salesian Cooperators, Benefactors and also a distinguished guest, the Bishop of Kyoto, Paul Yoshinao Otsuka who celeb...
    Date2019.02.08 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views944 file
    Read More
  4. 4982(II)_Second Formation session for Lay Mission Partners

By Fr. Michael Lap, SDB Tokyo, Japan, 16 January 2019 -- In continuation from last January 2018's 'true Salesian Pentecost' of the first formation of Lay Mission Partners in Japan, this year too for the second time the Lay Mission Partners ...
    Date2019.01.17 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1206 file
    Read More
  5. 4978(I)_Reconfirming the Importance of Unity

The Annual Salesian Family Joint Council in Japan By Mr Chihiro Okawa, EXDB Member of Social Communication Team, Japan Tokyo, Japan, 12 January 2019 -- The Annual Salesian Family Joint Council was held on 10th January, at the Salesian Siste...
    Date2019.01.13 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views919 file
    Read More
  6. 4974_"Their lay Salesianity enriches and completes my religious Salesianity"

ALA_4974 Interview with Fr Achile Loro Piana By Our Own Correspondent Tokyo, Japan, 8 January 2019 -- A further interview with a Salesian Delegate to the Cooperators, this time from Japan. What makes you happy as the Salesian Cooperator Del...
    Date2019.01.09 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views901 file
    Read More
  7. 4964(II)_For the mutual understanding

Traditional joint Quinquennium meeting Japan and Korea By Fr Taniguchi Ryohei, SDB Nagasaki, Japan, 28 December 2018 -- Japan province is very happy to welcome our confreres from Korea to one of the memorial places of our faith and history ...
    Date2018.12.29 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1369 file
    Read More
  8. 4939(II)_St Francis Xavier Province celebrates its Patron Saint

Rectors Japan meet in Nakatsu, Kyushu island By Fr. Michael Lap, SDB Nakatsu, Japan, 3 December 2018 -- The Salesians of St Francis Xavier Province, Japan, met for their 3rd Rectors meeting during this year of 2018 in Nakatsu, Kyushu Island...
    Date2018.12.04 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1239 file
    Read More
  9. 4931(I)_Inspired by the Rector Major

Vocation journey of VIDES member By Mr Makoto Yamada (Raphael) Tokyo, Japan, 26 November 2018 -- In November 2018 the Salesian Rector Major, Fr Ángel Fernandez Artime, visited Japan and made enlightening comments on Japan’s pastoral conditi...
    Date2018.11.27 CategoryGIA Reply2 Views1813 file
    Read More
  10. 4926_"We saw Don Bosco alive!"

Japan visit of the Rector Major By Mr. Mitch Tateishi, GIA SC team, EXDB Tokyo, Japan, 22 November 2018 -- The visit of the Rector Major to Japan has become an unforgettable moment for the members of the Salesian Family in their various voc...
    Date2018.11.22 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1661 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 24 Next
/ 24