Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1003 Comment 0

20180114_GIA.jpg

First Meeting of SDBs and Mission Partners in Japan

By Mr. Mitch Tateishi

Tokyo, Japan, 8 January 2018 -- The very first meeting of mission partners and SDBs working in Salesian works was held in Miura City, Kanagawa Prefecture (next to Tokyo) from 7 to 8 January 2018.

Nowadays in Japan, the environment – families and the society – surrounding the youth, is changing. On the other hand, the Salesians are declining in number and are aging. Given this situation we are living, the meeting was organized as an opportunity to listen to the mission partners and share dreams and issues in order to find ways in which Salesians and mission partners can support each other in the practice of “educating in Don Bosco’s style” and fulfill the Salesian mission.

From 12 different Salesian works around Japan: 5 Schools, 3 Kindergartens, 1 Day Care Center, 2 Childern Social Welfare Institutions and one Publisher were present 20 representatives of the mission partners and 14 Salesians, including Fr. Mario Yamanouchi, the SDB Provincial.

On the first day, the participants attended the convivial gathering intended as an ice breaker, to get to know each other, and enjoyed the warm family atmosphere. During the prayer gathering before the meal, a video message from Fr. Klement, the EAO Regional Councilor, was shared.

On the second day, the participants listened to testimonies and ideas of 3 mission partners, then had a time of sharing in groups, which were organized according to the types of works, and discussed on challenges and dreams in view of actualizing the Salesian spirit. The two days meeting was concluded with a Thanksgiving Eucharist.

The participants were very satisfied with the program and for having been able to meet other fellow workers in the same mission. We look forward to the next opportunity where also others, young mission partners may participate.

Indeed also Fr. Provincial does confirm his satisfaction: "Thanks to God, we can say, that it was an experience of the Pentecost. ... This opportunity was a good chance to know each other among the Salesians and Lay Mission Parnters from different works (missing only our parishes!). And in the joint dialogue we realized that each one of us is called to be Salesian educator, like Don Bosco, but today in our specific situation. All participants did request at the end of this two days, that we continue our commong journey, to grow with the same heart of Don Bosco who does walk with the Young, all consecrated Salesians and Lay people (baptized or not). Indeed we all are 'Salesians' !

20180114_GIA1.jpg

20180114_GIA2.jpg

20180114_GIA3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4638(IV)_How do we listen and accompany the young people in Japan?

The Salesian Spirituality Seminar 2018 By Mr. Chihiro Okawa, EXDB Tokyo, Japan, 10 February 2018 -- The Salesian Spirituality Seminar 2018 for the Tokyo zone was held on the 10th February in the Provincial House of the Caritas Sisters of Je...
    Date2018.02.11 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1312 file
    Read More
  2. 4619(II)_Building bridges between Japan and Korea province

Visit of Korean Salesian provincial in Tokyo By Fr. Mario Yamanouchi, SDB Tokyo, Japan, 22 January 2018 -- During last weekend Fr. Stefano Yang, provincial of Korea, visited most of the Salesian presences in Tokyo, accompanied by Fr. Andrew...
    Date2018.01.23 CategoryGIA Reply2 Views4112 file
    Read More
  3. 4610(I)_A true Salesian Pentecost - Japan 2018

First Meeting of SDBs and Mission Partners in Japan By Mr. Mitch Tateishi Tokyo, Japan, 8 January 2018 -- The very first meeting of mission partners and SDBs working in Salesian works was held in Miura City, Kanagawa Prefecture (next to Tok...
    Date2018.01.14 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1003 file
    Read More
  4. 4609(II)_Joint Council of Salesian Family Japan with Joy

Sharing the dreams of the Salesian Family By Mr. Chihiro Okawa, EXDB Tokyo, Japan, 12 January 2018 -- The Joint Council of the Salesian Family of 2018 was held on 9th in the provincial house of the Caritas Sisters of Jesus (Suginami, Tokyo)...
    Date2018.01.13 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1411 file
    Read More
  5. 4593_Encouragement to approach Jesus

Strenna 2018 Poster - Japanese version By SC Team Tokyo, Japan, 29 December 2017 -- "We created this poster with a hope that whoever looks at it (students or adults) would be encouraged to “approach with courage and accompany those who are ...
    Date2017.12.29 CategoryGIA Reply1 Views1253 file
    Read More
  6. 4564(I)_How do you sustain the vocation of your confreres?

Winter meeting of Rector - Japan Province By Our Own Correspondent Tokyo, Japan, 25 November 2017 -- Two days (November 24-25) winter meeting of 14 Salesian SDB rectors was held this time in the SITEC (Suginami - Tokyo) with the animating p...
    Date2017.11.26 CategoryGIA Reply1 Views1132 file
    Read More
  7. 4562(I)_"I felt more attraction to live at the same level with the youth and lay people"

Interview with the youngest Salesian Brother in the EAO region By Our Own Correspondent Tokyo, Japan, 24 November 2017 -- Brother Tsubaki with his 22 years of age is probably the youngest Salesian Brother in the EAO region, member of the To...
    Date2017.11.24 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1123 file
    Read More
  8. 4561(I)_"I'm most happy when offer all my gifts to the young people"

Interview with Br. Takeshita Naokatsu (GIA) By Our Own Correspondent Tokyo, Japan, 23 November 2017 -- From April 2016, Br. Takeshita is an associate editor of the monthly provincial newsletter 'Bonta' and dedicates himself to this work wit...
    Date2017.11.24 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1305 file
    Read More
  9. 4544(I)_VIDES Japan

By Mr. Raphael Yamada Tokyo, Japan, 4 November 2017 -- VIDES JAPAN, Salesian Sisters Volunteer working groups, held already for the third time the local community festival named "Smile Festa" in Akabane, Tokyo last November 4, 2017. More th...
    Date2017.11.07 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views972 file
    Read More
  10. 4530(I)_Salesian Youth and Salesian Family gather around Emeritus Rector Major Fr. Chavez

SYM meeting “Special” in Tokyo By Mr. Mitsuhiro Tateishi Tokyo, Japan, 22 October 2017 -- SYM meeting “Special” was held at the Salesian Seminariate in Chofu, Tokyo, gathering 60 youth and companions on their journey – FMA, SDB, leaders – a...
    Date2017.10.26 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views904 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 24 Next
/ 24