NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
FIS
2015.09.29 22:58

3753_Happy Bosconian Club in FIS

Views 1746 Comment 1
20150929_FIS.jpg

By Dr. Regio Sales, Bosconian

Bacolod, Philippines - The first of the Bicentenary fruits – dreams of the Rector Major – is about a ‘Happy Salesians and about happy Salesian Family members as the most important witnessing.

The Salesian Cooperators of China province ‘Happy Vocation movement’ (AustraLasia news n. 3567) launched last November 2014 this movement in line with ‘The Joy of The Gospel’ exhortation of Pope Francis. The badge of this movement was shared among all 400 Salesian Cooperators of Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.

Another similar Salesian family initiative of ‘Happy Bosconian’ was launched by Don Bosco Past Pupils (=Bosconians) in the Philippines South Province (FIS) of Cebu by Dr. Regio Sales:

“The Happy Bosconian initiative started three years ago (2012) when I was a parent coordinator in the Grade 7 class of my son at Don Bosco Technical Institute in Victorias, Negros Occidental, PH. Having heard the problems of the parents and teachers, I was compelled to study the basic teachings of St. John Bosco particularly the Preventive System of education. I also read up on works of his biographers like John Morrison to get more insight of his ideas, philosophy, and pedagogy.

Being a health scientist and clinician practicing Integrative Internal Medicine I have adopted a holistic view of health. And, with my scientific background and holistic perspective, I realized that what Don Bosco was advocating during the 19th century, as well as his pedagogy, are already being validated today by new discoveries in psychology, sociology, and the relatively new science of Positive Psychology. As an initial approach to understand the elements of good education under the Salesian system (St. John Bosco's Preventive System) I made a Mind Map of the ideal product of this educational system - the Happy Bosconian.

In the course of my search, I have come to realize two basic truths. First, is that all the work of Don Bosco was aimed at the salvation of souls (souls of the youth in his care and of his coworkers). Salvation was defined as "happiness on earth and eternal bliss in heaven." Secondly, the ideas and words of wisdom of Don Bosco are still very relevant today as they were in the nineteenth century, especially as they are currently being validated by the modern scientific studies particularly in the fields of Positive Psychology, Neuroscience, and Gender-specific education. Then I tried to envision what kind of person would Don Bosco like to produce is his school (or schools). This resulted in the idea or concept of the "Happy Bosconian".

After finishing the lectures for teachers, in order to strengthen the Happy Bosconian initiative's voice in addressing the needs of the parents and in seeking help from the alumni, a group of Bosconian parents, teachers, and alumni decided to form the Happy Bosconian Club on March 18, 2015. This club is initially composed of Don Bosco Alumni who are medical doctors, dentist, businessman and a parenting advocate. Another two parents of Bosconians; and four teacher-leaders of Don Bosco Victorias.”

Rector Major shares his 'Happy Salesian Dream': "Thinking about our origins never ceases to move me and confirms the strong conviction I have that putting God in the first place in our lives and keeping young people in our hearts, especially the poorest ones and those who have most need of us, we are marked out – I would almost say “deterministically” – for happiness as Salesians of Don Bosco..."

(Acts of the General Council 421, September 2015)

20150929_FIS1.jpg

20150929_FIS2.jpg

20150929_FIS3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5022(II)_Model Vocational Training Center

Mati, Mindanao 2019 By Our Own Correspondent Mati, Mindanao, the Philippines, 28 February 2019 -- The Don Bosco Vocation Training Center (TVET) since 1992 and the Sacred Heart of Jesus parish in Mati (Davao Oriental) since 1998 have been kn...
    Date2019.02.28 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views247217 file
    Read More
  2. 5020(II)_Sharing the Joy of Service in Mindanao

By Our Own Correspondent Mindanao, the Philippines, 26 February, 2019 -- Two Salesian parishes in Mindanao - Sacred Heart of Jesus (Mati) and Mary Help of Christians (Davao-Calinan-Dacudao) are a humble contribution to the evangelization of...
    Date2019.02.26 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views921 file
    Read More
  3. 5019(II)_Young People of Mindanao are waiting for the Salesians

By Our Own Correspondent Mindanao, the Philippines, 25 February 2019 -- As the second largest island of the Philippines, Mindanao main island with adjacent islands makes up 97.530 km2 with 25 million people. It is a multi-religion and multi...
    Date2019.02.25 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views718 file
    Read More
  4. 5017(II)_Kool Adventure Camp 2019

By Fr. Joriz Foz Calsa, SDB Cansamoroy, Cebu, the Philippines, 15 February 2019 -- The Salesian Youth Movement – FIS organized the annual Kool Adventure Camp (KAC) in partnership with the Ramon Aboitiz Foundation Inc. (RAFI), who also facil...
    Date2019.02.21 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1103 file
    Read More
  5. 5016_Magone inspires the life of young people today

ALA_5016 By Our Own Correspondent Liloan - Cebu, the Philippines, 20 February 2019 -- Since 2010 when the Magone Home Aftercare Program first opened, more than 150 young marginalized people have been transformed thanks to this new Don Bosco...
    Date2019.02.20 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views956 file
    Read More
  6. 5014(I)_We can't go to heaven alone!

Don Bosco Home Cebu By Our Own Correspondent Cebu-Liloan, the Philippines, 18 February 2019 -- One of the Salesian Valdoccos around our EAO region is Don Bosco Home in Cebu-Liloan. 10 Salesians and about 100 Lay mission partners are committ...
    Date2019.02.18 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views2069 file
    Read More
  7. 5012(II)_Vocation journey from SYM to the Young Salesian Cooperators

Interview with a young Cooperator Ms Nenith Cuadernal By Our Own Correspondent Mambucal Center, the Philippines, 16 February 2019 -- The following is an interview with a young Cooperator in FIS What makes you happy as a Young Salesian Coope...
    Date2019.02.16 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views899 file
    Read More
  8. 5008(I)_ASC Delegate needs to be fully involved in the mission

Interview with the ASC Delegate Fr Medelino Borgueta ('Bong') By Our Own Correspondent Negros Island, the Philippines, 10 February 2019 -- What makes you happy as a Salesian Cooperator Delegate? As a Salesian Cooperator Delegate, I choose t...
    Date2019.02.12 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views926 file
    Read More
  9. 5003(I)_Blessing of St Francis of Sales Chapel

Talisay, Lawaan February 7, 2019 By Novice Russell Samonte Cebu, the Philippines, 31 January 2019 -- The Salesian Family, students, benefactors, novices and aspirants witnessed the blessing of the new novitiate chapel of St Francis of Sales...
    Date2019.02.07 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views867 file
    Read More
  10. 5000(II)_Bosconian Code of Ethics - Light of the World

DBTC Cebu 2019 Homecoming Day By Bro. Louis Domasian, SDB Provincial delegate for DB Alumni Cebu, the Philippines, 3 February 2019 -- Just one day after the Victorias DBTI (Negros Island) Alumni Anuual Homecoming, the traditional motherhous...
    Date2019.02.03 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views961 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 26 Next
/ 26