?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1423 Comment 0

20160312_FIS.jpg

By Mrs. Luzviminda Los Bañes

At the earlier part of January 2016, it was announced to us that the Rector Major will come to the Philippines. His visits will include Don Bosco Boys Home in Cotcot, Liloan. The date posted was March 10-11, 2016. As one family here in DBBH everyone looked forward to his coming with excitement. There was a bit of apprehension for we do not know exactly who the Man of God is. We just focused in preparing for his coming.

Three days before his arrival, the preparations became more intense as we wanted our guest to feel comfortable with the simple things we have. By making use of our talents, skills and the most available resources that we can find, each sector of the community contributed to preparation. There was the spirit of sharing and cooperation. We were thinking that in God's time everything can be understood and the best of ourselves are the ones we can offer.

It was really a wonderful day in the morning of March 11, 2016. All of us came early to experience the most awaited event about to happen. We will be meeting God's messenger and encounter Don Bosco’s successor in the person of Fr. Angel Fernadez Artime,SDB. When he finally arrived, he was warmly welcomed with the beat of the lyre and drum and ushered to the St. Dominic Savio Pilgrim Chapel for the Thanksgiving Mass. Together with the other Salesians headed by Fr. Provincial of the Philippine South Province, Fr. Godofredo Atienza, SDB Eucharistic celebration commenced. The Rector Major, being the main celebrant greeted us in Italian but he was aided by a translator to bring his message to us. Yet language had never been a problem.

The Salesian translators made sure that the Rector Major’s message would easily be understood by the participants of the mass. In his homily, Fr. Angel emphasized that the young people should continue to live the dream of Don Bosco. He communicated hope by inspiring them that there is a better future that awaits them if they continue to embrace the good values that the Salesians are giving them. His message gave the young people inspiration as seen on the happy face of the boys and girls who listened. He also thanked the parents, the teachers and other adults who attended the mass. He encouraged all to continue serving the young in their journey. We were all convinced that God is alive and that the Spirit of Don Bosco is very much felt in his visit. The Rector Major made us feel that he is our Shepherd. Just like Jesus, he never abandons the poor and the marginalize, especially the young people.

We were all happy to have shared the best of us during the visit of the Rector Major. Even for a short time, the message of love, compassion and mercy penetrated our hearts. I may say that his visit can be like the song that goes “Hello and Goodbye.” For me, goodbye means I have left an imprint in your hearts so that you may continue to live. With Fr. Angel Fernandez Artime, SDB in our midst, we cherish that precious moment with us. We cherish the presence of the Spirit of Don Bosco.

20160312_FIS1.jpg

20160312_FIS2.jpg

20160312_FIS3.jpg

20160312_FIS4.jpg

20160312_FIS5.jpg

20160312_FIS6.jpg

20160312_FIS7.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5062(I)_42 years witness of Salesian consecrated life 0

2. 5061(II)_Practical training in FIS province (Dumangas Don Bosco) 0

3. 5057(I)_DBTI Victorias going on 70 years 0

4. 5047(II)_30 years of ADMA presence in Dumaguete 0

5. 5046(II)_9th Provincial Chapter of FIS province concludes 0

6. 5044_'What helps you in your vocation growth during practical training?' 0

7. 5028(I)_Don Bosco encounters Magone 0

8. 5027(I)_Synodality 0

9. 5022(II)_Model Vocational Training Center 0

10. 5020(II)_Sharing the Joy of Service in Mindanao 0

List